My Child Returned Home to Find Her Cat was Gone

Old 01-03-2014, 10:06 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

around my living room for ya!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Yay Pippi!

I'm especially happy you got G'mas Jewelry--that is your history, not his

Nice your friend and kids came through for you!

Do you have a bunch left or did you get the most essential things?

Think he'll notice? (hee hee hee--I gotta mean streak for bullys)
Old 01-04-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good for you, pippi----and bless all those who helped you....you are not alone!

dandylion
Old 01-06-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank you, thank you SR angels!

Your support helped so much during that difficult time!

I arrived safe and sound in my favorite land with all four children yesterday afternoon. They were unusually helpful and courteous with me! They left Dad at the airport curb while I waited just inside. Apparently, they forgot to tell him good-bye. The littlest one just ran into my arms and stayed there through the entire flight and beyond.

One big fear was that one or more was going to be so bowled over by their old big beautiful house, gardens, woods, friends, and such and all that ease with the English language and American culture that the children would not want to return. I can now put that one away forever! All day today they were happy at school and with their friends here. I can breathe more freely now. So it was good they returned, if just to realize that the grass isn't so green in America after all. No offense to America, bur every place has its good and bad.

And I wasn't preventing them from being there or with their father and American community. It was good they were able to separate their experiences from my interpretations.

They should have time with their Dad, though it remains a huge concern for me with regards their physical safety and emotional well being.

Now I understand to get out of the controlling middle and let them see for themselves. They still want me. I am so used to him winning others away from me with his charms, lies and power.

I. Am. So. Glad. To. Be. Back. With. My. Angels. Around. Me!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

P.S. Nope, he never even noticed, Hawkeye! He doesn't care one iota for the stuff, and doesn't really know what's there. Just doesn't want me to have anything, I guess.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Pippi!!! I am so happy to hear this for you! Kids crave stability, kindness, emoational comfort. They do not care nearly as much about the material stuff as we think they do. Glad you got some stuff that is meaningful to you. Also glad they came running back into your open arms.

God Bless!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng View Post
I arrived safe and sound in my favorite land with all four children yesterday afternoon.

The littlest one just ran into my arms and stayed there through the entire flight and beyond.

So it was good they returned, if just to realize that the grass isn't so green in America after all.

And I wasn't preventing them from being there or with their father and American community.

They still want me.
Pippi, this sounds like the most wonderful resolution to your trip possible!!

You do you...the journey you have had to walk is one most of us (thankfully, no offense) will never know. Hold your head high - you have kept yours and your children's well being always at the forefront of your mind. I applaud you for your tenacity and courage in the face of adversity.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

WOOHOO for you!!!

You know, Pippi Longstocking was so strong she could lift a horse.
And she was nothing if not unconventional.
Methinks you picked your username very wisely.

I DARE the #*@&^$#&^*(#$$*#&(@^*(@!#%^$#^(^#$@ to complain that you went in and retrieved your belongings. I dare him.

Glad you're back home. Tough trip, but I have a feeling you're returning stronger and wiser (all of you).
Old 01-07-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Oh, Pippi, I am SO HAPPY for you!!!! It sounds like everything went as well as you could hope for!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

A couple days later...

The children are so jet-lagged. Me, too. But here they are going to school calmly and contentedly. They aren't angry! They aren't yelling about the mess on the floor, the crumbs on the counter, the books they can't find. DD13 was sharing with me yesterday her dreams for her future. She has plans for herself and a vision to help others (children) obtain their dreams as well.

And me, I went to the gym first thing Monday morning. And I realized what I am called to do for work professionally. People have been telling me this all year. But I wasn't ready to hear them. And Monday morning, I saw what they saw.

Today I am going to start making it happen.

Whatever difficulties we faced in America, we are slowly releasing ourselves from what could have been.

I feel God's hand in this.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng View Post
DD13 was sharing with me yesterday her dreams for her future. She has plans for herself and a vision to help others (children) obtain their dreams as well.
This brought tears to my eyes, what a beautiful little girl you are raising!

It sounds like the trip helped ALL of you turn a corner that you desperately needed & couldn't have learned from any other way. I'm SO, SO happy to see things finally starting to move forward for you all. Your journey has been so complicated. (((((BIG HUGS)))))
Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I am returning to this thread to keep track of the progression of things. One day, I mean to print this all out so I can reference what's happened through this turbulent time.

We've been home 6 days. The children have been surrounded by their friends. Me, too . Good times and lots of hugs!

Then the children have gradually talked to me about their stay with their Dad. DS16 said that his A grandparents, who stayed in the house with them for a week, walked in with their whiskey and always had a glass in their hands, starting with lunch and ending at bed time. He said it is crazy how his Dad lives in that house as though nothing has changed, while we have been living in Europe for almost four years. His Dad didn't do anything with him, nor did he make any effort to improve their relationship. The check remains - bad.

DD13 said she was sad that her father treated my mother so badly. DD7 cried about it. DD13 said that she felt herself in danger when she packed up some of my belongings for me to take. I asked if she thought he would hurt her. She replied, he already has! (I forgot that he had slapped her across the face during a binge last we lived with him - in fact, the first night I kicked him out of the house.

The children remain more courteous and appreciative of me.

then, last night, xah sent me an angry email. He lists things I took or he thinks I took from the house. Crazy! He is furious because I took a handful of my sons trucks!!! Are you kidding me?! DS10 wrote his father a letter asking for them, and his childhood pillow and blanket. And he was refusing to give our boy his piggie pillow and now wants to bring this up in court!!!

The complete madness continues...

The crazier he gets, though, the more sane I feel.

The man is raving mad.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Let him bring it up in court, so he can explain to a judge why it was so important to him to hoard his children's toys away from them.

Hand him more rope.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

(I wish he'd hurry up with it already! Brilliant response, Florence dear. Thank you for making me laugh!!!)

This just in. The state government filed a court order (without me even asking), forcibly changing xah's health insurance plan to one that covers us here! Took them a little while, but it started today! Hallelujah for a little fairness and accountability!

Wish I could propogate and share it with you others. This sort of thing is in too short supply!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Pippi that is great news!!!! Glad to hear some progress!

As far as daughter feeling scared...that is very alarming. I hope this insurance plan will cover counseling as it sounds like they could use it, and I don't mean that in a negative way at all. I am the counseling poster child...I think we could all use some!

I agree with the other post also...give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Hugs to you. March on my friend!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

The truth does unfold, given a little time.

The latest is a fuller story about what happened when the children arrived at the family house for the first time in 18 months. The first time there with just their father.

First, straightaway, DD13 learned that her cat had 'run away' months ago. And that Dad hadn't thought to prepare her.

Then DS10 threw up after a 4 hour car ride and 2 hour boat ride.

Then the Christmas gifts. Really strange random little items from Target.

DS16 got the prize, though. Everything Dad gave to him:

1. A small can of Pringles
2. A box of oreo cookies
3. Powder for making sports drinks
4. A box of pencils
5. The bad check for $1500 made out to his parents' joint account that has had a zero balance for months.

Who could make up such stuff?!

The older children try to act like it isn't a big deal. But DD13 was trying not to cry.

In case you think this is symptomatic of financial means. Xah has rented an expensive ski chalet here for his next week's unsupervised visit with the children. He has the means to spend at least $4000 on a week skiing and he is living alone in our 6 bedroom house.

He thinks he is going to take all four children skiing for a week.

Would you send your children with this crazy man high in the mountains who hardly knows how to ski? My children are of all different ability levels because of their ages/temperments. The teens tend to go off skiing together where they get into fights and occasionally will hit each other on chair lifts with their ski poles.

Back to the bad check. He is now telling DS16 that he can have the money in cash when they have this next visit together.

Meaning, stay with me the full week so I can seem like a good father to the judge. Then I will give you the money.

Right.

Thank you for listening SR!!!