torturing myself

Old 01-19-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Hi L2L! Thank you so much for posting this, I thought I was the only one that was an internet time waster to avoid doing stuff for myself. It's worse since I have a home office.......I don't know if this will help but what I've started doing is not eating out and instead forcing myself to cook one healthy meal per day (there are some easy fast meals you can do that don't take too much time and are healthy). So I cook one healthy meal for dinner and eat some easy microwave stuff for lunch (no eating out is my goal due to all the bad stuff in the food) and I try to force myself to have a breakfast bar (I usually skip breakfast). I've already lost 4 pounds. Think small steps. Exercise will be next once I have a good food routine going.
Thanks jds0401. I will try to do this but I doubt very seriously it will happen.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
What IS that StarCat, do you know?
Did you start talking again?
Are you like that with more people than just him? I think I'm like that with most everyone. There are some people who I am not like that with, I think. They must be my soulmates. HAHAHA Just kidding.
Through it all I did keep talking to a few people. The guy I sit next to at work was a giant help, and the one person I talked to the most. I also worked near one of my friends from college, so I would talk to her sometimes.

I also ran meetings at work, and while the last couple months last year (when XABF was the worst) I was very distraught and disorganized, up until then I was very good at running meetings and getting things done. (My manager always gives me the projects that are behind and he has no idea what to do with them. Somehow I always figured them out to everyone's satisfaction.)

I am learning that I can talk. This forum helps. I have been talking more to people at work, and some will actually stop by to visit. I feel self-conscious talking at AlAnon sometimes, wondering if people are understanding what I'm saying, but lots of people stay afterward and wait to have a friendly conversation with me, so I must be okay. Someone from the meeting yesterday actually called me to talk today, and asked if I'd go to a meeting with them tomorrow, so we're going to meet for dinner or something and then head over together. It's actually quite exciting.

So little by little I am learning that I do have some words I can contribute to the world, and that the only person I really bore is XABF, because when I am talking he's not supposed to, and that means the attention isn't on him as much as he'd like.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was playing around on the AppStore for a certain phone/tablet and found an app for that: over 1001 ways to say no. Nice, not so nice, sassy or serious.

How sad is it that I'm tempted and don't even have one of those phones of my own -- yet, but I really want one now.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Hello Family

I LOVE coming back and seeing the wisdom and wit here. That you guys carried on without me while I was vomiting on FOUR FREAKING PLANES.

ugh. I put a high school sweetheart on a plane that crashed in front of me in the lat 80's, so that makes me extra anxious when flying.

But I'm back, the trip was fabulous and I secured a consulting job out in California. Really need the money and wait until I tell you about this one. boy oh boy..

For me, the "Just Say No" campaign has to be coupled with kindness. I am recognizing that I do this
I get angry at others when I think they want something and I can't deliver.
and also use anger instead of straight talk to deflect these dynamics. More work I say, more work for me to do on me.

There are so many wonderful things here, gotta get back to work but I'll be back to tell the story of my consulting job. It's awesome!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Awakening

Transformie's alive!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That you guys carried on without me while I was vomiting on FOUR FREAKING PLANES.
Ah, transform, you know it was not the same without you.

But now, you are back, and will tell the consulting story!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Transformie's back! Story time!

I'm glad you had a safe flight, and it sounds like you are feeling great!

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
Hello Family
I love that. <3
Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, Transform,

Clean out your PM box! I tried to send you a PM just now (something I want to kick around with you) and I got the message your box is full.

Glad the trip went well!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

For me, the "Just Say No" campaign has to be coupled with kindness. I am recognizing that I do this
Quote:
I get angry at others when I think they want something and I can't deliver.
and also use anger instead of straight talk to deflect these dynamics. More work I say, more work for me to do on me.
When I went to anger management, the counselor told me that when I get angry, look for the Expectation behind the anger. Do you guyses suppose that THIS example (getting angry "at" the other person when I want to help them but can't) means my expectations are too high of mySELF???
Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
When I went to anger management, the counselor told me that when I get angry, look for the Expectation behind the anger. Do you guyses suppose that THIS example (getting angry "at" the other person when I want to help them but can't) means my expectations are too high of mySELF???
...that's an interesting way to look at it...

You know what, though? We are prone to doing that, aren't we? I'd say yes, that's a very strong possibility.