Can you all think this through with me?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hurtandangry View Post
my appologies to you too La........i did not read the history involved only the post that started the thread.
No apology necessary. As I said, I agree with you in principle, just not in this particular case.

L
Old 09-27-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

noday,

Go back to where you were before he sent the email. NOTHING has changed just because he decided to type something up and hit <Send>. You are reacting to the email, just as he knew you would. You took the bait, now pull the hook out of your mouth and swim away.

I strongly believe in the maternal instinct. And in your case, the courts agree. You KNOW what is right for your child, and you are doing the right thing. You have given him the opportunity for visitation and he has refused. Perhaps that is a power struggle, who knows? REFUSE the guilt. REFUSE to second-guess your own instincts. Follow your heart, which we know is that little girl.

Take care of yourself girl.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

He's a nutcase, stay away from him, keep that child away from him.

Change email addresses, change phone numbers, whatever you need to do.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Would it be a huge pain in the ass for your family to change their email addresses? If ex doesn't know them then it wouldn't matter what email account he set up he wouldn't be able to get to your family to harass them, which is his modus of harrassing you by proxy.

I am thinking that sadly there is a serious business opportunity for someone who is prepared to offer an email scanning service for seperating couples and those with abusive/addicted ex partners who have children together, a neutral 3rd party who could filter out the BS, forward any threats/overt harassment to lawyers, keep a record of and then forward any tiny, hidden nuggets of pertinent info to the intended recipient.

They could answer all manipulative rubbish with the name and address of the solicitor to contact for formal correspondance. If I lose my job, my redundancy money is going to go on setting that up, want to join me Noday? I'll do Canada, and you can scan the UK-based messages.

in the interim, honey, I understand your fear, I really do, although I am not dealing with the same magnitude of crazy. Please don't let this make you ill, can someone else collate this evidence for you?
Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by akrasia View Post

he knows he can go through the courts if he really feels like there's a legal argument he wishes to make around custody or support. except going to court would mean getting his act together and making an effort to do something constructive! How tiresome! Way more easy and fun to just harass you and your family. ..............
.......... And oh man you didn't even have to tell me he's a manipulative creep. The creepiness just oozes out of every word. (shudder)

this!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I agree he knows what to do and who to contact, if its true he sincerely misses the child.

And saying "how much he cares" paying what he OWES reminds me of other people I have known. Doing a bare minimum expected from anyone and trying to pass it off as an extraordinary act of love and worthiness.

Keep moving forward!!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Noday, here is what I got as I read his email: It is full of admissions of his guilt, followed by attempts to blame shift. Really lame attempts. To me, there is nothing in that message that says, "I am an honest, devoted, loving, responsible father." Not one word.

Good dads make their child support payments the first time, every time, and on time. Good dads show up in court to fight for their children. Good dads treat their former spouses with respect because it's the right thing to do for the children's sake. Good dads respect their children's grandparents and their right to peace and privacy.

Honestly, I am an outsider looking in, and his message...to me...well, he just sounds delusional. Manipulative. I read it a second time, as if I knew nothing about your background, and I still get the same picture of him. He does NOT sound like a "poor, victimized father."

Stay strong and don't doubt yourself for one minute!

Hugs and peace to you.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
  • He has lost custody of 3 out of 4 kids (abandoned the first to run away to Canada, threatened to kill the mother of the 3rd, didn't show up in court for the 4th), and bullied the mother of the 2nd son he had into giving him whatever he wanted. At the ripe age of 13, this son told his father to f. off and went to live with his mother full-time.
  • He has a criminal record for embezzlement and violated his parole (never repaid restitution) by running away to Canada.
  • He has stolen repeatedly from every single member of his family and all his babymamas, including me.
  • He is verbally and emotionally abusive, especially towards women
  • He is an alcoholic, a sleeping pill addict and a sometime cocaine user/seller
  • He self-mutilates whenever the going gets tough
  • He keep knives and guns in his place of residence and likes to use them to threaten people he dislikes
  • He regularly talks about killing his brother and any other person who dares disrespect him, (he planned to stash his brother's body in a house he was renovating)
  • He believes he and his children are SUPERIOR being, super-human if you like, with advanced healing and ESP, and that the rest of humanity aren't worthy of his time or respect
and finally...
he firmly believes that in a certain number of year, the Apocalypse will occur and that his 2nd son will be the New Messiah leading what's left of humanity into a new era, with our daughter, my 2 year old DD at his side, as his trusted advisor.
OMG even reading about it scared the living sh1t out of me. If I were you I'd also do anything to keep my child away from that man.
I am not profesional but I believe this describes the bahavior of an sociopath to a bone.
Here is link, maybe you'd like to read it:
Profile of the Sociopath
Just an idea, but maybe you can use this in court and demand a psych evaluation for him (maybe you already did that, IDK).

I think you're doing great. I believe it takes a great a character strength to be able to see this man for who he really is and to be able to run away from him. And you did it.
This speaks to me whatever happens you'll be fine and you'll be able to protect your baby girl. I don't have any doubt in you.
Take care
Old 09-28-2010, 02:50 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yep - he sounds like "catch of the year" doesn't he.

Well done to noday for all the reasons Sesh just said.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

translation of XAH letter to NoDay

I have'nt written in a while because I wanted the whole child support thing to be completed.
i've been busy drinking and have just sobered up enough to write a cohesive letter.

I would have paid sooner, but you didn't bother to tell me that the judgement had been made and that I should be paying.
i have never paid a penny to you for my child and now will only pay because of the judgement. if there is anyway i can get out of paying, then i will not pay any money because i need all my money to buy drink and cigarettes.

Now that I know, I've goten the statement back from the government, so I know that you know that not only am I cooperating, but I've arranged to pay the back payments which you didn't tell me were building.
i am making the back payments to avoid going to jail, not because i feel you deserve them. if i thought you needed money to raise a child, then i could have made voluntary payments directly to you. as it is, i am pissed at you and hard at work scheming how to get out of giving you and DD any money.

I am cooperating as I said I would, you know that now
as history tells, i did not cooperate until you forced me to by law and i'm furious with you for doing that.

Whatever hurt you are feeling, all I can ask is that you don't let your daughter pay the consequences. She deserves to know her father. I have done everything you asked, including allow you to obtain full custody by not even showing up to court.
it's so much easier to just have another drink and blame you rather than try to stay sober enough to get to court. plus, now that you don't drive me everywhere, it was too much hassle to get there.

I don't want a battle that will harm DD. You said that you would not keep me from her if I did what you said. Please keep your word.
i am too lazy to bother to do the things required to get visitation with my daughter. i actually don't care too much about her, but i'm pissed at you and this is one way of pushing your buttons, which gives me pleasure.

FYI: You declared DSS on your taxes as a dependant, that makes you responsible for child support to him (doesnt matter who he lives with). As you are in a higher tax bracket than me, it would be you paying child support not me. (seriously, ask your lawyer about this).
my foggy, confused alcoholic brain actually made this up and i now actually believe it.

I haven't done it, and I'm not going to do it. I mention it only because I want you to see the extent to which I am cooperating.
really, i am threatening you with this made-up lie that i now believe. i have every intention of pursuing you for child support tomorrow when i sober up...or maybe the next day...or hey, next week is soon enough...

I just want to see my daughter.
i just like to harrass you because you outsmarted me and i know i am so much smarter than you. wait until i show up in court once i get over this hangover, get out of debt, get my clothes clean, beg a lift, tap $20 from someone...once i do those things, i'll be in court to get my rights.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Reading his email drivel, simply tells me that nothing in this creep has changed, and short of a great miracle, he will stay the abusive, manipulative and lying psychotic he always has been. I would be surprised.....dumbfounded even, if he ever changed his way of behavior, or sent any honest mail to you.

I do not what world this reject from realism inhabits, but I hope he stays north of the equator because just reading of his beliefs and actions, scares the heebies out of me, and I sure don't want him heading down my way.

I agree that changing mail addresses may help, especially for your poor dad who does not need this "special" attention from Mr WayOut.

Where are the Sopranos when you need them?

Keep plodding noday, cause one day it will be done and dusted.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Naive, I LOVE you!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Awakening

Some one else mentioned it on another thread, but I just wanted to agree here, Naive is truly a master at interpreting "drunk speak".

Some how the title "Drunk Whisperer" doesn't sound right, but I do think she deserves SOME kind of honorary title.

Noday, please try to remember bullies are all talk no action. He's been trained all his life that his crazy behavior/threats work because every one has thus far been intimidated into doing as he wants.

Time to retrain him.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ire-naive.html
Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
As usual, XAH finds a way to twist everything around to his unique worldview, and it makes me doubt my own sanity. ...receiving emails like this makes me waver and most of all, feel frustrated.
First I'd like to comment on your ex.. what a dick. I'm certain as time passes these acts of cowardice will no longer cause you to doubt your sanity, make you waiver or frustrate you in the least. What a shame that your Father had to see this.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

True that Jazz. I can see the same effect in my life. The longer I'm out of range of these types of attacks, the more clearly I can see my own worth.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Naive, I LOVE you!!!
Me too!!! Thanks for the giggles this morning. It really helped put things into perspective.

As for changing emails, only a few of us can get it done, as others have businesses that are directly tied to their emails. The best that can be done is just block email addresses as they are created and learn how to simply DELETE whenever b.s. comes along.

Thanks SR. I don't know what I'd do without you (probably shrivel away into a little puddle of self-pity...)
Old 09-28-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi, Noday. I'm glad to see you have your sense of humor back. I'm sorry to read that your XAH is still pulling this cr-p and harrassing your dad and family.

Big old bear hugs for you, DD and your dad!