Is his alcoholism progressing............

Old 09-24-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thank you all.

My kids have been to alateen before. We've been talking about going again. I agree that I think it would be a good thing for them.

I have a police friend who just so happens works in the domestic violence unit now. He's working tonight so I'm going to call him.

I'm very overwhelmed. I have many emotions going right now.

I think I may be in a bit of denial myself. About how bad it is. Of course, we didn't want our life to turn out like this. Only now can I change the way me and my children live.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by freebuthurting View Post
Yes -- I really must go -- go and clean that bathroom!

:rotfxko

xxxx((((hugs)))))xxxx
i do love your posts free xx
Old 09-25-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
I was illustrating the mind bending denial that goes on by everyone surrounding the alcoholic, not just the alcoholic themselves.

Alcoholic: Oh, don't mind that poo there on the floor. I'm having some stomach issues.
Clueless Family: Have you been drinking?
Alcoholic: No, of course not! How can you even think such a thing! You know I'm seeing a therapist about my eating/sleeping/other issue!
Clueless Family: Oh, well...okay. Let me help you clean that up!

This, sadly, is a true story. Even while she was crawling on the floor there were still questions about why. Maybe a mix up with her meds? Weak from not eating enough?

No, she was so drunk she couldn't walk.

We don't expect people to lie to our faces in the presence of proof. And we're hesitant to disbelieve or interfere with adults.
my ex was throwing up all day and when i asked what was wrong he said oh it must of been that dinner u cooked even though he had prepared it and i had eaten it the night before and was fine, but of course it wasnt the drink causing the stomach upset so bad he vomited all over his puter madness isnt it what excuses they come up
Old 09-25-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Don't you just love the way he blamed you for it too - when he prepared the food himself?