Quack of the Day

Old 08-10-2009, 09:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Originally Posted by Startingover2 View Post
"You are the only one who thinks I have a drinking problem."

No, I am the only one who will actually say something to you about it and hand you your consequences!

Oh, it's on now. I never had a good comback to that one.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks for reminding me why I'm no longer there....

"But, you were OK with me when I came in a while ago!"

Forgive me, I forgot I am a puppet and I should welcome you on the bed when you stumble drunkedly to me at 10, 12, 2, 4 and 6 AM.

He slept 3 hours.
Then the best part in the morning:

"I forgot to go to the ATM, would you lend me some money for the moving company?"

Oh no, wait... the best part was that I lent him the money and MOVED WITH HIM.... sheeesh

Can we rewind the story please? But with me as an ex codie?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

His response to me after soooo many years of outrageous behavior and endless lies:

"What are YOU so angry about?"
(mmm - let me see, I can only come up with a few hundred reasons just in the last 2 months)

.................................................. ......................................

His response to my refusing to let him move back home .... after years of relapses, deceit, turmoil and hundreds of broken promises to make lasting change:

"The Past is the Past - quit bringing it up ... now, give me a good reason why can't I move back in?"
(Gee, been sober for one whole day out of the last 20 years - how irrational of me to think it would be a recurring problem)

.................................................. .........................................

His response after years of abusive excessive drinking while living at home... and then living alone and still not being able to stop:
"I can't stop drinking by myself, I have to live at home in order to stop" (The first 20 years of non-stop drinking while living at home never slowed him down - In other words, why not make 4 people miserable instead of just one?)

.................................................. ..........................................

His response as to why there were bottles of wine hidden in his car trunk after he returned from an AA meeting at 10 pm, late for supper and 90 minutes after to meeting was over:
"I went to pick up the wine bottles I had hidden at the office - so I could throw them away" (Sure, that makes sense - those bottles of wine needed to be secretly hidden in your car trunk ... to prevent temptation at the office??!)

.................................................. ...........................................

Oh how I wish I knew then - what I know now. I was listening to the illogical lanquage of addiction - with not a hint of reasonable or rational thought. Too bad I didn't realize it then, it would have saved me endless hours of trying to have him explain these irrational thought processes that were in reality only governed by his desire to drink.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh, so many..text message to me shortly after I told him it was over for good : "Oh, so it's your way or the highway. It's reminiscent of fundamentalist Christianity. Fascism." Luckily I was able to laugh...before it would have incensed me.

And, yes, I've also had many "You're the only one who thinks I've got a problem, I'm going off now to be with people who don't judge me." Startingover2, I like your comeback to that one, wish I'd thought of it at the time!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My AH is sitting on the balcony, gets up and spills the open bottle of beer, sitting behind the chair. Me:"What is this?" Him: "I don't know" Me: "Is it a bottle of beer? How did it get there?" Him: "I don't know, somebody put it there, it's not mine" hahaha.
Like dialogues from "Being with A" soap opera.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

"My social life suffers when I don't drink"

"If I only drink one beer an hour, I won't get drunk. Your body processes such-and-such alcohol an hour, so technically, I can have one and hour with no problem" Watching him justify it to me was like when I'm taking care of one of my pain med addicts at work and they try to figure out how to divide up there pain med so they get something every hour....

"Don't be silly..." when I voiced my opinion on the skanky, manipulative, partying ex girlfriend hanging around.

"I wasn't sure if it would work with us because you don't drink. You seem to winch everytime I pick up a beer..."

While drunk, and 2 months into our relationship: "I'm a functioning alcoholic and I'm not proud of it."
Old 08-11-2009, 05:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

"But we met in a bar and you were okay with me drinking when we met!"

"You used to drink with me when we first met"

"If your sister called you and asked for a ride home from the bar you'd give her one"

And, OH! You'll all LOVE this one........

"EVERYONE is an alcoholic they just haven't been caught driving yet!

or

"They're not in the system so the cops aren't watching their every move"
Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

...."but this has nothing to do with my substance abuse problem, the guy made this up, thats why Im in jail"
hmmm, then why werent you home with your wife at 6 am? Oh thats right cause I didnt answer the phone when you called for a ride at 2 am...thanks for the reminder
Old 08-12-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My AH said, "When are you going to change? You are the one who is different, not me." LOL. Yeah, I'm different.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

'Finding out about Al Anon was the worst thing you could do for our marriage'

'I shouldn't have to tell you how I feel and what I think. Its your job to work it out'

'I am not your enemy. I just want to work out the best way for the two of us and avoid all the bitterness and stuff'

and my all time presonal favourite:

'try and look at it and be fair as I was to you'
Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

"I wouldn't even know what to talk with a therapist about..."
Old 08-12-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It wasn't my fault. It was the judge's fault. She had an attitude with me.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

"You knew I was this way when you met me!"... UMMM; you where in recovery or I would have NEVER married you...

"Drinking a few beers every night doesn't make you an alcoholic!" 12+ a night for one guy... really?

"YOU drink TOO!!!" Not every day or when I do until I can't stand up.

"YOUR suppose to be a Christian, so don't get mad. Forgive me." I'll just lay down and be that door mat.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Originally Posted by brundle View Post
"YOU drink TOO!!!"
I am SOOO tired of that one!!

Originally Posted by brundle View Post
"YOUR suppose to be a Christian, so don't get mad. Forgive me."
Oh, I got one even better! He told me he doesn't like AA because he doesn't want to be some goody two shoes, perfect little Christian like those freaks are!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My X's quacks were always directed at others being at fault.

First it was my mother that caused him to drink... she "interfered in our lives" as he put it... I loved her more than him. She got all my attention.

Later it was "If we didn't have all these problems, I wouldn't have had to drink".
(little would he admit the alcohol caused the problems...not the other way around!)

Ha, I used to belittle him with the comment "well, let me guess WHY you are drinking today! It is due to the sun shining!"
Old 08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Okay, I'll play:

Finally leaving, after years of (me putting up with) drinking, drugging, emotional abuse, lying, disrespect, bankruptcy, sleeping with his ex, financing his ex, cheating with a minister, propositioning teenaged boys, hanging around gay bathhouses, messing up my house, mistreating my dog:

"You're giving up on us!"

Aflac.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

after i had lied to him about looking at his email:

"you lied to me, and you need to do something to make up for it...like letting me buy drugs!"

i knew then that any slight error i made would be grounds for him to binge.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

"you drink too" ah got that one too... lol. so, in your world, i take one amaretto after lunch, going about my business, and it is comparable to your insults at 4 am after binge drinking, drunken apologies (with tears! the complete show) and next afternoon you got your beer once again.. with more insults

i told him in my worse hour i would NEVER mistreat him.
he stared at an empty space.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"you are a coward!!" one week, while drunk
"you are brave" next week, sober

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

alternate universe alright. it was fun reading the thread but then i got sad. sheesh. sad for me, how could i believe every single quack WHAT WAS I THINKING???????????

Last edited by TakingCharge999; 08-12-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kv816 View Post

"EVERYONE is an alcoholic they just haven't been caught driving yet!
AhahahahahaAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

"I drive better drunk than most people do sober"

"Gambling is a worse problem than drinking because you can lose more money gambling than what I spend on alcohol"

After a tirade about unemployed #@$% who spend the taxpayers money on booze, "But I pay for my own drinks"

Oh yeah this one I almost forgot: "There is a difference between a habit and an addiction"

I've read this before on SR so not my quote: Who was the crazy one? Me for listening to it for so looonng. The worse thing is that I didn't have the excuse of my brain was damaged from alcohol. I was the sober one. ugh.