Quack of the Day

Old 08-10-2009, 12:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quack of the Day

One thing I have learned is that addicts Quack at others... on a very regular basis. Some of the quacks I have heard are very entertaining.

I thought it might be interesting to hear from people their Quack of the Day.

And before people start telling me to tend to my side of the street.... one of the real values of SR is that it gives us a way of understanding that what we are experiencing is being experienced by millions of others around the world.

If the moderators want to kill the thread as being inappropriate... then I will stand by their decision.

I will kick things off with my Quack of the Day...

xAGF to me this evening in an e-mails....

"get soMe rest pray and stop this dangerous behavior , I am no longer ashamed of my behavior from my past , but I am terrified of yours and I am now concerned for all the kids."

Classic "attack the attacker" with some good "you are not so pure yourself" thrown in on the side.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My AH: "Mike's Lemonade is not alcohol is refreshment"
Old 08-10-2009, 02:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My ex: "The chef has some ice cream sandwiches if you want me to get you one."

HUH??? Aren't you the same man who told me never to speak to you again and made my life at work hell for two straight months? Ice cream sandwiches? That's the BEST you can do? Kick rocks!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

From ABF when on binge last year, and I had just emailed that I was going no contact.

"in the midst of it all am trying to find any christian message in your words. iam getting to the stage that you have blown it. you are becoming not a very nice person whom i'm not liking very much.the viciousness is overtaking you, sorry. what i do look for is a bit of forgivniss in your heart'."

This was after so many clean ups by me, loads of forgiveness for his antics, and so much heartache that it was stressing me to death. Actually killing me.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

On the phone: the axbf said: "You caused me to be an alcoholic, I didn't want to leave you and I am in clinical depression since I walked out that door, the hurt and pain that I have felt because I am not with you is your fault". (I recall that day he left me, I begged him to stay, but as it goes he needs someone to blame) My response was, gee I am so powerful to cause you to be an alcoholic when you were an alcoholic when I met you!. He said; I was, but when we were together I curbed my drinking for us and now that you aren't in my life I have to drink every day to drown my pain that YOU have caused.

CRAZY!.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HAHA!! Just this past week...

"Can I borrow your digital camera? I am going out of town this weekend."
"I have your child support check (5 days late), but can I get a ride to the hardware store?"

Those aren't really quacking...but its seriously funny! He has done some really horrible things to me and my kids between the drinking, anger, and infidelity! He has a new married girlfriend now that he blows his daughter off for...yet he wants to borrow stuff from me and have me give him rides? Ask your girlfriend!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

FreeBird I remember my ex saying something to the effect of "I've gotten wasted every day since the day you walked out of my life and I couldn't sleep last night because I was sober."

Translation? It's your fault I drink, it's your fault we're not happy, it's your fault I can't sleep and it's your fault I wont stay sober (because I can't sleep when I am). LOL! If I could go back to those days knowing what I know now I would have been in hysterics. Pure comedy.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"You are the only one who thinks I have a drinking problem."

No, I am the only one who will actually say something to you about it and hand you your consequences!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

during a discussion about our relationship problems - in which he repeatedly brought up everything i did wrong and angrily threw it in my face and blamed me for it all. my response was to say that i'd be happy to discuss our problems but in a constructive manner.

"you mean, the way YOU want to do it."

what????
Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

I use to like ducks.. lol..

Originally Posted by Crazy4Him View Post
FreeBird I remember my ex saying something to the effect of "I've gotten wasted every day since the day you walked out of my life and I couldn't sleep last night because I was sober."

Translation? It's your fault I drink, it's your fault we're not happy, it's your fault I can't sleep and it's your fault I wont stay sober (because I can't sleep when I am). LOL! If I could go back to those days knowing what I know now I would have been in hysterics. Pure comedy.

I hear you! What a time it was where we REALLY thought we were the crazy ones!. He also says to me that I am causing him great anxiety where he throws up every morning. Mind you, I haven't been in his life for over a year now and he STILL blames me for his sickness. AMAZING!.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was in the process of divorce due to alcoholism and his affair, when my children discover dear old (47 year old) dad is having an affair with a 23 year old. Meanwhile telling his preteen kids he has no time or money for them. I find evidence of the sexual part of the affair and he does not know this.

Had to speak with STBXAH due to child issue. He brings up his 23 year old friend and starts in on the old, "We're just friends...no big deal" . I let him go on getting deeper into the lie because as I said I had evidence of the affair. So at the appropriate moment I drop the bomb. The silence was deafening and then he says:

"Having sex with someone one time is not a sexual relationship."

:rotfxko
Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Not sure if this classifies as quacking, but former ABoss and I had an appointment with a client two hours drive. We were to meet early in the morning at the office to drive to appt. I sat and waited for 1 1/2 hours for him to show up. He calls me and starts yelling at me about why didn't I call him and wake him up??????!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Left that job!!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Last night....."There needs to be some balance in this house, you need to step up and take control of these kids" translation: I can't control my own children so would you please tell them to listen to me!
Old 08-10-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Enjoying these.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
mergirl

I don't have a quack of the day, I am free of my addict and free of my addiction for today, and for today I am free.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Stbxah buys flowers for me for 22nd anniversary.( for those new, we are separated in the same house and getting a divorce.) Next morning he throws the flowers away. Because why, " You didn't appreciate them."

Since he bought them I was nice. I had asked him to put them in a room where everybody could enjoy them, the day of receiving them. He did.

Confession, this really pissed me off. I had a co-depenent/ intentional sin behavior and walked into his drama, intentionally! When i asked where the flowers were and he said he threw them out I intentionally raised my voice and told him, "You're an a$$hole. You pay for flowers for an anniversary we are not celebrating, I am nice and tell you the flowers are very beautiful. Why would you throw them out now that everyone was enjoying them?!!!" His response was then because i didn't appreciate them. Then of course I was 'getting it out' so it felt good to go on , even with his back to me walking out of the room. I said," Well, what exactly do you expect me to appreciate beyond the beauty of the flowers?!!! and telling you thank you!"

He of course said," It was the thought that counted." ( I could already smell the beer on him at this late morning hour. I had just got home from working ot on saturday morning)

So quacking and his drama queen behavior.

Now of course it felt good at the time as he was being an a$$hole, AND I JUST WANTED TO TELL HIM SO, but I shouldn't have said it out loud and shouted it at him. The thought was a fair assesment.:-) So of course my conscious immediately got to me and the release didn't feel so good anymore, and ! dang it ! I knew I was going to have to go and ask forgiveness as I became the a$$hole in response. I did when i saw him a few hours later. I will leave out the rest of the story after my asking forgiveness but my behavior was back to normal and i did not have to apologize again even though he quacked and drama queened when I apologized.:-)

Ohhh, now I got to tell you this at least... soooo, I ask forgiveness for raising my voice at him and calling him an a$$hole. He says to me," You said "Fu*&ing a$$hole." ( quack and drama queen- historical resentment) :-) I did not use the "f" word.:-) It was a thought out response to raise my voice and use the "a" word. That was enough sin for me without adding on the "f" word. then he tell's me, " I taped you." ( quack , manipulation) i laughed..... I couldn't help it :-) lol now........ He did not tape anything.

love tammy

:-) I took the flowers out of the garbage and fixed them up. The rose stems that didn't break I kept in the tall vase. The others a tight bouque in a small vase.:-)

love tammy
Old 08-10-2009, 04:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The night I didn't pick him up from his band practice, because he hadn't asked for a ride, and also because he just wanted to hang around after and drink his face off, I got this text after hanging up on him(because he INSISTED I should have been there to pick him up):

"Why couldn't you read my mind?"

W.T.F.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My ex is watching the kids overnights cause I work third shift, and with my schedule I always work on Friday and Sunday nights. Like, for 6 months or more...

So today I give him my schedule for the next 2 weeks and he whines "But, that like, leaves me NO TIME to take a weekend for myself or try to book a gig or anything!"

Welcome to parenthood.

Keep in mind I get 2 Saturday nights a month to myself. That's IT for the month. He gets at least 8 nights a month to do whatever. Nevermind I never get to see my kids sleeping hardly ever, or tuck them in, or kiss them goodnight.

What a jerk. Sheesh.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

"get soMe rest pray and stop this dangerous behavior , I am no longer ashamed of my behavior from my past , but I am terrified of yours and I am now concerned for all the kids."

Classic "attack the attacker" with some good "you are not so pure yourself" thrown in on the side.
Mine is telling people I'm a danger to myself and my child, and need his "help" and he's going to stand by me since I stood by him while he "recovered" from his alcoholism and surgeries. As proof that I'm a danger, is the fact that I "stole" his vehicle. The one we purchased during the marriage, for me to drive.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

you tricked me into marrying you and... you made me live here on this side of town. its all your fault i am unhappy.