Quack of the Day

Old 08-15-2009, 11:43 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Forgot this one! He's got about $40,000 in credit card debit, owes more on his house than when he bought it due to previous cc debit he rolled over, and he was looking at a pair of $1000 skis. I told him he couldn't afford those and he shouldn't be spending the money on that (he was thinking of dropping his cable because it was too much). His response?:

"Why grow up now??? Duh, massive debt is part of the fun of not growing up!!!"

Looking at this statement written down, I think a lightbulb is going on........

Holy crap, what a loser.....
Old 08-16-2009, 12:46 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

F said psychologists and meditation retreats were for ppl that did not know how to handle life yeah buddy you certainly know how to handle it
Old 08-17-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Bump it up. hehe

I stopped answering calls from XABF almost a week ago after he called me at 6:30 in the morning drunk (yes, DRUNK at 6:30 IN THE MORNING). After a combination of 16 voice mails and text messages in an hour and a half I finally answered, angry, don't call me anymore!

He wanted to know what he did so wrong that I wouldn't answer the phone for him. If he was one of my f-ed up friends I'd answer for them. I said it's because my friends don't talk to me like he does. My friends don't call me a b!tch or tell me to f off or accuse me of being a liar or a cheat and none of my friends have called me at 6:30 in the morning drunk.

His response???

That's because none of your friends have gotten in your pants yet.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

After first DUI: "It was the cop's fault, he was waiting for me on the exit ramp. That's entrapment! That's illegal!" He got caught going 119 mph at 3:30 am on his motorcycle (same one he crashed later when charged with second DUI, that almost killed him) on the highway with a blood alcohol level twice the legal limit.

Of course the second DUI was that cops fault too. Yeah, right.:rotfxko
Old 08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
After first DUI: "It was the cop's fault, he was waiting for me on the exit ramp. That's entrapment! That's illegal!" He got caught going 119 mph at 3:30 am on his motorcycle (same one he crashed later when charged with second DUI, that almost killed him) on the highway with a blood alcohol level twice the legal limit.

Of course the second DUI was that cops fault too. Yeah, right.:rotfxko
Our As have a lot in common...mine has 2 DUIs too. He said the same thing. The first time, that it was a set up and the cop was racist. (The officer was the same race as AH so that made no sense). The second one, he said the entire police report was a lie and it wasn't true. That it is a form and they just fill in the blanks.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:53 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Same here. Mine's on his 4th, that I know of. He's a smart A....only two are in the same county. Two are in other counties and here the systems aren't connected so none of the rest know about the others.

But yeah, his response to the last one he got was that the cops only block that one road all the time because they know he lives up the street and he'll be on that road to go home.

Yes, dear, cause PD has nothing better to do than single in on lonely, miserable, ain't hurtin anybody, you.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I was told on saturday night "You are bullying me with what has happened in the past."
Old 08-17-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

This is from years ago and it has taken me this long to see any humor in it!

He was expecting me at his house after I got off work.
I arrived and he was very, very drunk.
His story: his friends came over with this big bottle of liquor and he knew he had to get rid of it and them before it was time for me to be there so he figured the quickest way to do that was to hurry up and drink it all!
Logical solution, eh? LOL
Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Liveweyerd, i laughed . i can totally see an active alcoholic saying that and i can totally see an RA telling someone this is how he/she use to think.

i have a question folks, how about 2 more threads:

one about the abuses we could not remain under but also had to forgive for us and the second the co-dependent/ our bad behavior reaction of the day

TrainWreckAgain, what do you think? I think they will serve others just as this thread does.

Okay, a quack.... " I'm going to the store, do you need anything?" aka for active alcoholic: I need to go to the store to get a bottle of vodka, the one I will hide. And then when you wonder if I am drunk I will tell you I haven't drank anything. I will spend money on something I really didn't want so i have something to walk in the door with, sometimes it is flowers for you.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:53 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

my xABF was going on a trip to ireland. he drank for 4 days leading up to it. he had borrowed £500 to go. he was drunk when he went to collect the money and lost it. in the morning, he wakes up in his own bed, goes to his wallet and realizes he has lost the money. he panicks, now no longer able to go and see his children.

me: you can't remember last night at all and now the money is lost. i hope you can see that this is a direct result of too much alcohol.

him: no, this is not a result of drinking! it's a result of sleeping!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Getting better every day!

Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
After first DUI: "It was the cop's fault,"
Our next door neighbor is the type of drunk who's convinced the whole world is out to get him. He was nice enough to inform us when we first moved in that the cops in our town are all corrupt, except the one who's card he carries in his wallet.....first they gave him a DUI even though he didn't blow beyond the legal limit until they got him to the station (imagine that, they figured he was too drunk to drive when his BAC continued to rise after they already had him in custody! The nerve!).....and then they had the nerve to bust him for driving on a suspended license (which should have been suspended in the first place, see above)....he's in the process of taking all their jobs.....:rotfxko
Old 08-19-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

After the 3rd DUI, it was the policeman's fault.
Then, it was the judge's fault for his suspended license.
Then, it was the doctor's fault at rehab for having a ponytail and being too new age for him to respect the guy.
Then, it was the outpatient docotr's fault for giving him a hard time (i.e. seeing through the BS).
Then, it was my fault for his continued drinking and subsequent infidelity.

It has also been his ex-wife's fault, his best friend's fault, his dead parents' faults and even the housekeeper's fault for his continued drinking and unhappiness.

He is the biggest victim on the planet.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Since you all liked my cat litter lie so much I've got a new one...

My cat sleeps with me at when I first go to bed. AH drinks in basement all night.

Cat cuddles on lap while watching TV; AH drinks in basement.

AH says:You love that cat more then me! You two sleep together; look she's always sitting on your lap...
I say:Would you like to sit on my lap and watch some TV?
AH:No, I'm going outside to smoke and downstairs! I'm just sayin'

Not only do I lie... I play favorites...It's all that dang cat's fault...LOL!!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:46 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Guess it proves your cat is way smarter than you know who, because the cat knows when it is on a good thing. Proof of this is clear by who is doing the whinging here? NOT the CAT.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

LOL!!! Don't tell but I think my cat is the smoother one of the two...!!!LOL!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Same guy after being told his heart was impaired and he needed to stop drinking:

They said I could have a glass of wine with supper, they just don't know how many suppers I had.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

OMG, my x said the exact same thing.

"You're the only one who thinks I'm an alcoholic, and it hurts."

I tried asking why? why should it hurt? but what's the point.

Here's one, which is actually from one of his drinking buddies:

"The only thing J's drinking is affecting is your relationship. And that's only cuz you don't accept his social drinking."

And this classic:

Me:: "I can't tolerate the drinking anymore. THe only way I can stay with you is if you stop drinking."

Him: "Stop trying to change me. I don't tell you how to be or how to live your life."

Me: (thinking) Hmm, drinking is a behavior, it's not YOU. I'm asking to change the behavior not you as a person.

So I guess what you're saying is, your identity is totally wrapped up in your drinking. And yet, you don't consider yourself an alcoholic??

Originally Posted by Startingover2 View Post
"You are the only one who thinks I have a drinking problem."

No, I am the only one who will actually say something to you about it and hand you your consequences!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Oh and "how can I be an alcoholic if I still have my job?"

I suppose some people don't know the term "functional alcoholic."
Old 08-28-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Yesterday I overheard ex talking about beers with such enthusiasm. You would think kidneys hurting, shakes, loss of friend/gf, Sundays spent recovering from the week, scolding at the job, would tick something... NOT

I did not know whether to laugh or cry about this. I chose crying. Today I chose to laugh. I just want to slap him, honest, and tell him WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP THERE IS AN ELEPHANTTTTTTTTTTTTT but no, I just stroll next to him looking serious...
Old 08-28-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

...or lost their liver function...or kidneys...or lost their family, job, etc...or DIED.

Originally Posted by whyamistaying View Post
Hmmm no one I know has ever gotten a DUI from attending AA buddy.