I can't post here anymore

Old 07-02-2008, 01:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't post here anymore

Exab has had access to my emails for months (doing it remotely from his computer) and I didn't have a clue.

He is now changing passwords for online accounts and my email addresses and deleting various online accounts. He has changed the password on here at least twice.

It's creepy that he has known everything I've been up to and even more creepy that he set this up to spy on me months before we split up, possibly as much as a year ago.

I never told him that I was posting on this particular site but when they can access all your emails (I keep any for online accounts I've set up) there isn't too much you can do.

I could do with some support right now but he had taken that option away from me. I will be back once it has been sorted though
Old 07-02-2008, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

That is so horrible and just not right!!!!

Hope you get it sorted.
:ghug3
Old 07-02-2008, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you can call or email your ISP and change your address and password

or you can sign up for another free email account (*****) and get a new login for the sites you visit

be safe
Old 07-02-2008, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself. Take care of all the garbage the jerk is causing and then get right back in here! {hugs}
Old 07-02-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is VERY creepy, honey. What a ba$tard. Please be careful with all his obsession about you. Isn't there something legal that can be done about this?
Old 07-02-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Call an IT expert and see if you can block, erase or whatever. There has to be some software/firewall product out there that would be a quick fix. Then report him to the police. How creepy and sad is that kind of behavior.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is frightening. I don't have any IT advice for you, wish I did. Guess this is a good way for some of us to realize what can happen and to take the steps to make sure our id's are secured the best way possible. I don't just mean our id's for this site, but for everything online.

I do have one tip that I do. When I'm making up a password, I close my eyes and let my fingers randomly peck one out. That way I don't subconsciously make one that is tied to me in any way.

Hope you get this ironed out quickly and that you can come back.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm a geek

If he's controlling your PC remotely you can turn this off by changing settings on your pc...It's more likey that he has a keylogger installed on your pc/laptop which can send logs via email to him with all your keystrokes, hence giving him all your passwords etc...

Firstly make sure your remote assistance and access is turned off - instructions for XP HERE and Vista HERE

Try downloading a spyware scanner, AdAware is a good one and it's free. Delete/remove any infections and note down the names of any malware that aren't cookies.

Get your Antivirus updated and do a thorough scan, if you haven't got one AVG is free.

After doing that you should be safe. You might wanna go and change all your passwords for sites you use though also.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetiepie1 View Post
Exab has had access to my emails for months (doing it remotely from his computer) and I didn't have a clue.

He is now changing passwords for online accounts and my email addresses and deleting various online accounts. He has changed the password on here at least twice.

It's creepy that he has known everything I've been up to and even more creepy that he set this up to spy on me months before we split up, possibly as much as a year ago.

I never told him that I was posting on this particular site but when they can access all your emails (I keep any for online accounts I've set up) there isn't too much you can do.

I could do with some support right now but he had taken that option away from me. I will be back once it has been sorted though
Talk to the admins/mods, they are good people.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Send a PM to Mike (DesertEyes). He can set you up with a new account and password and delete or block access to your current account.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It will get sorted, it's just going to take some time and I'll be using my mums PC in the interim. I think it will end up costing me a bit financially and as a single mum with 2 children I could have done without that but it's a small price to pay to get him off my back.

With all that he's done/doing I am still getting the "I love you", "Give me another chance", and "Help me" text messages. He can plead as much as he likes as I won't be responding and he can go to hell in a handcart as far as I'm concerned. This isn't just about him being a drunk it runs far deeper as he must have done this months ago and must have been sober and clear headed.

I am so angry
Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Gall

I don't even know the bast*rd and I want to strangle him Right. Now.

I'd be so p*ssed, I wouldn't be able to see straight.

What a control freak LIAR......

I'm glad he's already your ex......
I hope you're able to turn off remote assistance and access.from vista or whichever one you have.

It'd be nice to be a fly on the wall and watch him try to access your info. again only to be denied access.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's a tad scary. Do you need to check any of your banking or anything else that you might access online? Passwords for those things, etc? Maybe even a restraining order. (((HUGS))) I hope you're able to get it all sorted out.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I went through the very same thing. It's amazing some of the crazy passwords you can come up with. Good luck.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

He's had a call from the police tonight and was advised that they would arrest him if he made any further contact with me and guess what he sends a text just as soon as they pull away from the house, he's sober too!!!!! Bloody freak.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sweetie, please be careful. And report that text so he knows YOU mean business.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It's been reported and 2 of the calls since. Will report the rest tomorrow or later tonight if there are enough
Old 07-02-2008, 02:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Absolutely let the police know about the text! He needs to understand he is not in control here!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

It's been reported and 2 of the calls since. Will report the rest tomorrow or later tonight if there are enough
That is good. I see you are in London, doesn't England have a STALKING LAW also? I am pretty sure they do, and this IDIOT is STALKING YOU. See if your Scotland Yard will let you file a STALKING COMPLAINT, I am sure they would be very happy to follow up on that!!!!!

In the meantime, please be safe, watch your back, this guy is nutszo!!!

Sending prayers and good thoughts across the pond.

Love and hugs,
Old 07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Laurie,

the boys in blue have been fantastic, they have phoned me tonight to let me know the plan of action and have given me their ID numbers and let me know when they're next on call.

It's not cause I'm cute as I've a stinking cold at the moment and haven't brushed my hair in two days.