Truly A Person I Didn't Really Know At All....

Old 02-20-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

LTD- this is the best reason for me to be on this forum today. Thank you.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. --Marianne Williamson

Mostly lurking and absorbing today- Paj
Old 02-20-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but did anyone else notice that the focus of this thread is still all about J? So, now that you see who he really is, perhaps you can begin to fill the space in your head with something other than J....

I'm looking forward to getting to know the real HBB. I know she's lurking somewhere. If she'd just step out of J's shadow....
Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
I'm looking forward to getting to know the real HBB. I know she's lurking somewhere. If she'd just step out of J's shadow....
Your right! i'm scared to death of completely letting go of him, there's still a tiny twinge when i think of him at times.

The single person that i was before all of this mess was a blast and i have to say that she's slowly coming back. I laugh ALOT the past few weeks and back to planning stuff that my friends are too lazy to do. I'm blessed and fortunate that my friends and family are great and we have alot of good times. I have several different diverse groups of friends. Guess i'm not that bad to be around lol!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

LTD...

I love that quote! I remember when I read it in one of my FAVORITE books called Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I remember when I read it....I cried.....

Very powerful! Thanks for the reminder.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I keep looking at the thread title

Truly A Person I Didn't Really Know At All....

and I then think about looking in the mirror at myself.

By the grace of God and through working a solid recovery, I have become someone I never knew and someone I never would have thought I could be.
20 years ago I wouldn't have been able to even see a small part of who I have become as being a reality. Recovery rocks.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Guess the title of the thread has a double meaning! Works for him as well as ME i guess at this point in my life....i will say that over the past months, i have found part of a backbone i never knew was there or used lol!! I've put it to good use the past few weeks, very rarely recently do i take any crap from anyone!!! It was an eyeopener when i told my friend how things went at work and his response was "wow, that's great, especially coming from you"!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Truly A Person I Didn't Really Know At All
Sometimes the words I choose speak volumes about who I am and how I feel about myself. How could know who I was and what I wanted out of life when I was so completely focused on someone other than myself?

Letting go of my obsession with my alcoholic partner was the best gift I ever gave myself.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I agree with you FD, i keep telling myelf i had a great life before him so i will have a great life now, if not better without him.

I think for so long knew who i was, but i think now looking back that the person i thought always thought i was is much better than i gave credit for. Not to sound full of myself. I'm starting to believe that i am better than the person i see in the mirror. I never felt i could love/like myself, that was for other's to do if they chose, but not me...does that make sense? Im starting to think maybe i'm not that bad of a person. I"m not going to lie, that is HUGE progress for me to see that, especially to admit it out loud.