His Name was Richard and he was an Alcoholic

Old 06-08-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

(((((Jill)))))

I haven't followed your story, but I knew........

I've only been here 8 months, and this is probably the 4th or 5th message I've seen about an alcoholic dying in their disease.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss...your post saddened me deeply, I hope you can both find peace.

N x x x x
Old 06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

BIG HUGS, Thinking of you. I know how heartbreaking it is.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

(((FD)))

So sorry to hear that the disease stole another beautiful loved one from us.

saying prayers for comfort for you.

Rita
Old 06-08-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
ritabee

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your story touched my heart and I hope that you can find some peace knowing Richard is in a better place.

Hugs
Old 06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

((((FD))))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May God bless you and keep you strong.

QT
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

You are in my thoughts! Please be gentle with yourself. Your strength and love is so admirable. May it continue to heal you.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Thank you, everyone, for your love, support, and kindness. It means the world to me. And thank you for allowing me to share my story.

I want to take this opportunity to thank a special person who helped me to see that there's a person behind the disease. You know who you are. I feel certain that Richard knew that I loved him no matter what. And I feel certain that he knew I respected him as a person, too. And that gives me great comfort.

Try as I might, no words can express the loss, the pain, the sorrow that I feel today. It's one thing to break contact with a person knowing that they're just a phone call away if things get too hard. It's another thing altogether to know that you'll never hear their voice or feel their touch again.

I know I'll miss Richard until the end of my days. I'm grateful that he shared his life with me.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

So sorry for you. I and as well as many here are so heartbroken that we cant change the ones we love so much, that we find ourselves detatching, only to have this happen time and time again.
I'm living your story right now. Just havent separated from AH. My AH did everything yours did and now I am just waiting.
God love you.
Missy xo
Old 06-08-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

This story made me cry,something I've not been able to do for such a long time.

My Ah is called Richard too and I've spent 34 of my 51 years loving him but like yourself had to detach.

Theres another star twinkling in the sky tonight and I wish you both peace.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

(((FD))) I wish I could say something that would take away the pain. This story will break many hearts as we all struggle to come to terms with this terrible disease in one way or another. Sadly it makes me want to fight HARDER to save the A in my life, but I know its useless. I just don't know what would make me feel worse. Losing him or walking away from him. FD I feel your pain, but I also see your strength--amazing strength.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

I have no words FD .. such an well written story of your life with your A . I cried while reading it knowing what the ending would be .
My heart breaks for you and all that love Richard . I am copying and pasting your letter in an email to my ah , you may just have saved his life .
I cannot thank you enough for sharing .

Know that you are being prayed for and thought of lovingly in this time of need .

((((FD))))
M
Old 06-08-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
cmc

FD,
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers during this time of sadness and grief. ****{Jill}}}
Old 06-08-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Just a fool, swimming in love

Angry First I get sad...

First I get sad and then I get really, really angry. You are both in my prayers.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Still Standing

FD,
I'm so sorry for your heartwrenching loss. Even when we know that it's a great possibility that this could be the outcome, it's just unfathomable when it really happens. My heart breaks for you. After reading your story, I feel sure that he always knew how much you loved him. I really don't think that you should ever doubt that. ((((((((((((((Compassionate Hugs)))))))))))))))))
Old 06-08-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

FD, I am at a loss here ... As soon as I saw the title of your thread, I knew. I know how deeply you love Richard and I am so saddened that he is gone. The blessing is he has been released from his pain. ((((FD/Jill)))) Prayers being offered up for you and Richard.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

My deepest condolences.

It is so sad to hear of another life tragically extinguished too soon, just as my husband's did a few short months ago.

Our heart's ache knowing their life's story ended without the recovery we all hope our alcoholics will someday achieve.

While mourning their loss we recall all the bittersweet memories that kept us tied to them despite all the heartache ... and we hope and pray that they are at last now well and finally at peace...

May Richard live forever in your heart and in your memories.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:46 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
In my forest.

I am so very sorry to hear your painful news.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

Oh my God, FD.....I am so sorry.....I am so, so, very sorry.....
Old 06-08-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

The initial shock has worn off and a deep sadness and hopelessness have permeated my soul. The pain is gut wrenching and nearly unbearable. My heart is broken into a million little pieces. I don't know if I will ever feel whole again. I can't imagine a world without Richard in it.

I knew the phone call could come any time and I thought I had braced myself for it and that I could be strong, but I was wrong. Somehow I always held out hope that Richard could be one of the few to break free from alcoholism.

He had such a kind and gentle soul. As someone said on this forum said a few months back, some people are just too fragile for this world. I couldn't love him enough to heal the pain in his heart and make him whole.