Authenticity III

Old 05-06-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Evening, to Robby, M, and y'all, from Aus.

Oh, all this family stuff - chokes me up, and did yesterday too. I fear if I were to say anything on it from my life, both past and present ...well, put it this way: I'd probably need to get to NYC for an appointment - or several - with poor EndGame! Yeah, my family have and continue to seriously mess with my head. Robby, and others, you demonstrate astounding ability to 'let go', that I have tried and tried over so many years, but simply can't fully yet. Sigh.

Meantime, great to sniff all the weathers everyone's experiencing. It's a bit like our vicarious flower-sniffing. There is no real way I can explain to the (few) people I speak to IRL how this community, and in particular, this thread (now approaching the length of Proust) just 'works'. Nourishing, hilarious, highly moving, full of the sounds of great minds and hearts connecting across continents and oceans.

Poolside, pretty soon, eh, Robby and Melissa?! Hopefully puss-cat Dave has got over his trauma of falling in a while ago, and can parade about in the sun with you soon.

Much love,
Vic
Old 05-06-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Yes, poor David. He seems to have regained his composure and then some, lol. His eyes were as big as plates as he was being toweled!! None of us could believe what had happened, lol.

And a warming love to you Victoria.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Yeah, I can just picture that. Indeed, when Melissa mentioned him a few days ago, sulking in a cupboard or whatever it was in the house, I was going to ask: good grief, does he need trauma counselling pet? Cats + water: not a good mix, hehheh.

Hope you have a nice calm night zzzz-ing, Rob.
xxx
V
Old 05-06-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Trying to catch up on the thread, I feel so far behind. I'm so far behind that one closed before I could even congratulate on the whole swallowing thing. That's huge! Can't wait until you tell us that you are going home and hanging with your love Melissa and I'm sure just as loved, David.

Much compassion,
Puffy
Old 05-06-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Families eh? It was my Mum's birthday last Monday, the first since losing my Dad. All 4 of us were there, my 2 brothers and my sister. She had 5 of her 7 grandchildren there, and the only reason she didn't have all 7 was that one lives overseas with his Mum, and my daughter is at uni taking her end of year exams.

We sat out in the garden, and there was an awful lot of love there despite everyone living in their own mini drama stories. Suddenly my Mum turned to me and sai "oh Jen I'm so hurt". I immediately thought it was something to do with my Dad, but no, she was hurt because one of my sister-in-laws hadn't turned up.

Despite really coming to terms with the weird dysfunction a while ago, even I was taken aback. I looked around at the kids chasing each other around the lawn, the boys climbing trees and the girls making witches potions out of water and lavender . It was beautiful. And she couldn't see it. How sad is that?

I'm so glad you were able both able to have a stroll round the grounds, and I love reading about how your relationship is changing in terms of focus and priorities. It is making me look for the value and beauty in everything I do, and everyone I love.

I hope today is a good one and that you continue to grow in strength. Lots of love to you both and to everyone here xxx
Old 05-07-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Robby wishing you & Melissa a pleasent day ahead sending all my love

Spk soon Robby (((((Robby & Melissa)))))
Old 05-07-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Something told me I has skimmed over a real nugget so, I reread yesterday. This might be the way to live:

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
We stay light and positive when we speak of the future.

Its all just more enhanced, more focused by the lousy grimness not into another life problem, but into what can be done now which moves us responsibly forward.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day Rob and Melissa

D
Old 05-07-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
It was beautiful. And she couldn't see it. How sad is that?

I'm so glad you were able both able to have a stroll round the grounds, and I love reading about how your relationship is changing in terms of focus and priorities. It is making me look for the value and beauty in everything I do, and everyone I love.
2 points, the first one, it was beautiful and she couldn't see it. To have grown up with such a negative influence ruling over me and to experience it until the end is hard to describe.

The second part of above quote is what I am striving for.

I think many of us have endured quite a variety of "unpleasant" experiences growing up - and throughout life.
My last negative comment about my life here. That's all in the past. Yes, these experiences have shaped us. And some have downright haunted and scarred many of us.
Time to look forward and make it my own. Just as I have closed the door on my drinking and the "extras" it has brought me, so it is time to close the door on the experiences of 'bad parenting'.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"... able to go friggin home." - Yes Sir. Let's hope soon. Glad you are feeling better RR.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good morning to Rob & Melissa, and friends

Rob, hope you have an amazing day!
Old 05-07-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, Rob & Melissa!

I'm bringing you a recording today. At the break of dawn, all over the world, birds are most vocal. No one knows why. It's a wake-up call. It's called the Dawn Chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYQAoyL3sCE
Old 05-07-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Robby and Melissa.

I don't know if you saw the meteor shower the night of the 5th. It comes every year, something to do with Haley's comet and its dust. I couldn't see it, too much marine layer/May Gray here.

Sending my love and support. I have stuff this afternoon. An art exhibit, some community stuff.

Love from LeeLee
Old 05-07-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

morning, Rob and Melissa,
wishing you a good one.
and to say thanks for continued sharing here, and especially the ever-present reminder of taking responsibility for the "how" of being, moving, acting.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish you and Melissa a wonderful day today, Robby.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Good morning Canadian love birds! What is on the agenda today?
I honestly believe my parents suffer at their own hands way more than I ever will. I took my daughter in to the doc again because the anxiety medication isn't cutting it. They are sending her in for an eval because they are thinking she has some sort of Affective Disorder. Her behavior was reminding me of my mom. I thought I was projecting or something but it this is just another piece of the puzzle. The hard part for me is not trying to interfere and get my mom help. She won't accept that she could be anything other then 100% right and everyone else has the problem. My daughter isn't a narcissist so she will overcome this.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning!

Not sure if these are Canadian...but they are lovebirds!
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi Robby and Melissa

I was perusing some photographs by Susanne Schroeder the other day and I came across this one, I find it interesting and relaxing. That rock in the middle makes me see a human figure in it each time I look.

One thing re the family discussion. I totally agree that a lot of it is about responsibility, or lack thereof. Part of the reality of it though, I think, is that in order to have a good sense of responsibility and to be able to exercise this, one needs a certain level of awareness of both own motivations and desires and the action-reaction, how our behavior may affect others around us. And this is not always easy for everyone to acquire when there are personal hangups and denial involved... and there isn't a good model around to help deal with these. I definitely think that in the case of my family members, this type of lack of awareness was/is the case. It was also for me when I was younger. Some of us learn, others don't. I guess for us who have recovered from serious addictions, this development (responsibility) is typically an essential part of the process, so we see this relatively easily.

Hope you are having a good day

Last edited by Aellyce; 06-13-2021 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Hi Robby -- weird day here -- I apparently spent the night being pinched by demons, yelping howling & cursing at unseen forces. So I'm pretty achey today. And I've had a positive flurry of communications from the less functional ends of my bloodline & past life, which always take a while to settle into sense in my head. In short, not quite overwhelmed here but looking forward to some rest soon.

Enough about me -- my plights & gripes. How has your day been? Do you have nice or nasty nurses? I hope nice.

Yep, got some weirdness going on there. Glad you're not overwhelmed by those whatever unseen forces and all. Sounds nasty. Hope you're able to rest up some soon.

Nurses? The spectrum from nice to not-so-nice is amazing. They all work hard, and they are all short-staffed. Most are nice, and dedicated to their jobs. These nurses have bright personalities and carry themselves with confidence and authority. Others struggle under their workload, looking like they would rather be elsewhere. Not really present and engaged. Sadly, more like cogs in an enormous machine. There are plenty of helpers too who are not RN's. Almost always these type are enthusiastic and attentive. Each RN has 6 patients directly assigned. They cover for each other as required. There is always some level of filling in because it's built into the system by design. Nursing is a tough job, goes without saying. As a patient, I try to do my part to be nice too. Sometimes I don't do so well, lol. For the most part, I'm not a "problem patient". So yeah, without my getting all serious, (hahaha too late!!) I have nice nurses.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Yeah, I too see a human figure in the rock. Amazing pic.
Serene and yet energized.

There is something to be said for the personality who overcomes severe or life-threatening circumstances. An enhanced pool of resources to rely on, and make use of moving forward. We learn from experience and so it makes sense we eventually gain an advantage of sorts when we come face to face with similar or same experiences.

When life is lived in the open light of day, all things seem possible. When lived in the darkness of a cave, not so much.

I am having a good day haennie. And you too I hope!
Old 05-07-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

(((Brynn)))