Authenticity III

Old 05-08-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning, Robby and Melissa!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
I'm discovering some of my high interests in life are not as trending as they were even several weeks ago. ......

As I heal up, its more difficult to stay a patient in hospital. ....
It sounds like you've healed to the point where you really should be heading home asap. That's a good thing, but I can sympathize with any in-between anxiety & unrest you're feeling. Soon you'll be in circumstances where you and Melissa can shape your further care and the kinds of stimulation you embrace -- and those you want to minimize. Are there upbeat things now you can plan that will add some comfort and enjoyment when you get home? A new hat for by the pool?

Over the last few days I've thought about pain relief a lot. I'm nowhere near hospice care as yet, but still. A guy thinks for himself, yeah?
And you do it better than many.

I believe I'm much more than just flesh and bone.
Absolutely. Amazingly.

Good morning, Rob & Melissa!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning Robby and friends!

Sending love and good thoughts your way!
Old 05-08-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Morning Rob and Melissa. I loved that post. That is pretty much how I see it too. Back to wherever I came from. ??? Hope you get some more mashed taters and a little loving in today.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
It's all good Rob. This is what I got sober for. Her symptoms started around age 14 and by 16 she was starting to use alcohol. She got picked up by the cops drunk at 16 and the very next morning I heard a voice inside my head saying "this is were it all falls apart." On some level I had seen this before and I knew I needed to get back to my life ASAP. If having to go through what I did served no other purpose than to impress upon me I need to get to the bottom of this for my kid I guess it was worth it.
Are you getting any sleep? Usually the staff is coming in and waking people up doing their thing. It's hard to get a decent stretch of sleep in a hospital.
You are even more incredibly amazing than I already thought you were, silentrun. Love and hugs to you.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good afternoon, Robby, Melissa and all.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

The back to stardust idea is cool, Rob I'm on board with that one. I always just thought we go into the ground too though.

And I agree with Courage, you're of course MUCH more than just flesh and bone
Old 05-08-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Old 05-08-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey Robby, good to hear you will be getting out soon. I know all too well what it feels like when it's hard to remain a patient, patient (funny you get to be an adjective and noun at the same time). At first the hospital can be a bit of an adventure but as you get stronger the adventure wears thin.

I also know very well the feelings of losing interest in certain things, it does seem strange that things that once floated your boat won't even get your canoe in the water any longer. Also as you know, I do believe we are much more than these bodies that we get to use for a while. Anyhow just wanted to send a super extra large dose of good vibes to You and Melissa.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Lenina, i'm from British Columbia, Canada.
some speak of it as California North. which is an insult. of course. we're our very own, thank you

the comment to LBrain about the canadian accent was supposed to go to Soberwolf
i don't have any books about past lives, but lots of them about dying. and death. it is a huge mystery; as big as origin. i didn't know that or see it that way til someone i loved was dying. all kinds of "stuff" happened. me getting new understandings or at least experiences/opening among that.

wrote this sentence once: "eventually everything returns to origin", cut the letters out, arranged them in a circle, no beginning, no end. you could enter it anywhere.

later, i realized it's not true. we don't return to origin; we never really left.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Fini, ah, you're a West Coaster, cool enough. LOL. don't be insulted. I'm not.

Love from LeeLee
Old 05-08-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
p***enger

Have a good night, Rob.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
p***enger

P.S. here's a little culture for your Friday evening -- an image of a statue newly on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art: California by Hiram Powers (1858). You can see the divining rod in her left hand, but in her right hand behind her back she holds a twig with thorns. I think it means something along the lines of, you take your chances when you go digging for gold.

Anyway, she's a real California girl, ponytail & all.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Good night friends one and all

I had a great day today medically, and personally. And Melissa and I got tucked away again on a little romantic stroll. Very refreshing and happy-in-the-moment kind of thing for us.

I'm sleepy and so on. Going to play some internet chess and doze off. Thanks for all the shares and hopes and everything else and of course, you're own experiences shared here. Words of thanks can't always express my appreciation enough, and I know with you guys, you all know I'm grateful.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Robby- glad it was a good day.
Lenina- thanks for asking about me. If I'm truly honest, I'd have to say I'm struggling with some things at home but I try to stay positive and am doing a lot of self-care. I have to realize that I can't control everything around me. But really, thanks for the question. Funny, how typing it out even feels therapeutic.

Good night Robot and Raccoon and gang... really appreciate this whole thread. It brings me back to my baseline.

Puffy
Old 05-08-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

((((Puffy)))). Good to see you!

Xoxoxo lenina
Old 05-09-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Do your best

Quick check in to say hello & sending love Robby & Melissa

Mrs sw has me on sizing up and fixing curtains today

Spk later Robby have a nice day
Old 05-09-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

I'm so pleased you and Melissa had a good day Rob. Me and H have got the weekend to ourselves for the last time in a while as our daughter will be home from uni next weekend and that means total chaos will ensue. We are going to make the most of the peace and quiet.

I look at things with a different perspective these days. I look for the good and try to appreciate what I have rather than what I haven't. And I've got LOADS, I'm literally blessed beyond words.

Love, laughter and kindness are the standards by which I live now. Everything else is just noise.

I hope you are sleeping well xxx
Old 05-09-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Kind of dreary here today but that's ok it will force me to stay inside. My daughter graduates college next weekend and hasn't decided if she wants to do a dinner with everyone or wait a few weeks and rent a pavilion. Procrastinate much???
Old 05-09-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning, All.