Notices

please help me to live

Old 01-28-2006, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

please help me to live

I've been abusing opiates and methamphetamines for a very long time. I suffer post traumatic stress disorder and i have to collect my medication every day from the chemist as I abuse that too. I am scared of withdrawal, but my life is falling apart.I live with my parents and my sister but successfully have hidden the problem from them. How long do withdrawal symptoms last?how do people survive?Tonight I begged God to take me or heal me, I can't go on living this nightmare any longer. I'm physically and emotionally wrecked.any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time on this site. Thank you very much.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hi Lisa,

Glad to see you here. I was in your same position about 11 weeks ago. My thing was Crystal Meth, I was wanting to die when I got here, I also have ptsd, and I self harm.
All that stuff has and is constantly getting better. I will have 11 weeks free on Tuesday. It's just AMAZING how much better I feel.

The withdrawels are hard, they take some time, but you CAN get through them. I started a thread here one time when I found a bag, to me it was like Eve and her apple in some ways, I've kept that thread up and I went to that thing everytime I felt like I couldn't make it, or I was going to relapse, etc... It helped me get through all the withdrawels... as well as the people here. Just Do It, is what I told myself.

I'm hurting right now for meth, not physically but mentally, I really want some, but I just drag myself through it, and get out of the house. There is an amazing life to live. But with meth and stuff, it won't happen.

Keep posting please, and let us know how you are.

Hang Tough Sweet Thing.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Lisa
Welcome to SR!
You will find support and understanding here.
Read through the other posts and how others have overcome opiates and methamphetamines.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Meth was my DOC...clean & sober since 8/15/01 I needed to do treatment to get off the stuff. Is that an option for you?
Keep comming back & keep posting.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lisa,
Good for you for asking for help. Admitting we are powerless over the disease is the first step in returning to a healthy life. I know it is scary to tell your family, because I have been where you are. But, if there is anything that they can help you with, and I am betting there is, please humble yourself and tell them. There will be tears ( yours and theirs) but I know that they love you and want you to be with them for along time. Telling my family was the hardest thing I have ever done, and I wish I had trusted them sooner. Once the big secret was out, it felt like a huge boulder was lifted off of me. I had lied to them for so long that the shame and embarrassment became a way of life. I could start to like me again.
The other thing that is probably best is for you to detox with medical supervision. That means telling your doctor.
Please consider it.
Dawn
Old 01-28-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Lisa. I PM'ed you. Read it when you have the time. I am clean only 7 days. you can do it. This site helps.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Lisa...my daughter is a meth addict, how I wish this was her, making this plea for help....I'm sure your mom has some idea that something is up...talk with her, you will need all the help and support you can get. Stay here, at SR....there are wonderful people here to encourage and support you. Don't let the drug rob you of another day.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Originally Posted by lisa28
I've been abusing opiates and methamphetamines for a very long time. I suffer post traumatic stress disorder and i have to collect my medication every day from the chemist as I abuse that too. I am scared of withdrawal, but my life is falling apart.I live with my parents and my sister but successfully have hidden the problem from them. How long do withdrawal symptoms last?how do people survive?Tonight I begged God to take me or heal me, I can't go on living this nightmare any longer. I'm physically and emotionally wrecked.any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time on this site. Thank you very much.
Dear Lisa-I am so very glad that you have come here and made a decision that you need help...it is NO crime to make a mistake.....I, too was addicted to opiates.....I did cold turkey, I would NOT advise anyone to do it that way if they can go another route. Think about your family and the fact that they probably do know something is going on....try and be humble and talk to them, if you can't talk to another addict in recovery through NA, there is a chapter in your phone book. MAKE the call. They can direct you to a meeting......you need to make a decision about what you need to do as far as detoxing and it is a big one. I am so proud of you for holding up your head and knowing you need help. PEACE and many blesssings....I hope you find what you are looking for. I personally hope that you go inpatient and detox off the stuff...so much healthier and wiser.......Kahlia
Old 01-29-2006, 10:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

lisa go tell your family. the healing process will be a hundred times eaiser then with out. you can do it by yourself to. which ever option you choose please keep posting. you have to crawl before you walk and crawling is easier when you have your family support with you every step. you also have are support to. make that first step and dont doubt yourself. you are your own best friend
Old 01-30-2006, 10:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thank you from Lisa

Thank you all for your kindness, your support and your help, I didnt expext anyone to reply. I am determined to get through this however painful the withdrawals are,I wish you all every blessing of peace and health. Thank you for your good advice. God bless.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good to see you back!
Opiates may cause some serious physical withdrawl...don't have any experience with them.
With Meth it's mainly just a mental..."I want more" cause I'm tired and I don't wanna be sort of thing...
I hope you have access to some support in real life...
Old 01-30-2006, 12:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nice to see you..... don't be a Stranger and please know that you are not alone....
Old 01-31-2006, 08:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hi lisa, i went through the same experience with cocaine. i was very good at hiding my problem. my whole life fell apart, i lost a son, my family, relationships and friends. i have been clean for three weeks now. since i have been serious about being clean i am gaining everything back piece by piece. my life is getting better every day. please let your family help you. even though it seems like they won't trust me they will. sit them down and tell them. they will be there for you. stay strong and stay focused. you can do it with help.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hey Lisa, How ya doin?

And Lenny!! Congradulations, that is so awesome!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Lisa))))

I used to do meth amp back in the 70's when I was working on being a rock star HA!! I gave it up and so can you...

As one "Lisa" to another the Lisa frequency don't need no meth or opiates to be cool. I started praying for God to change me and He did. Iwill be remembering you in my prayers...
Old 02-02-2006, 03:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Lisa, I dont know about opiates but I know about addiction, Im an alcoholic and the pain and misery I went through sounds pretty muck like yours. My family KNEW about my drinking although i tried to hide the fact.....HA! what nonsense...

Try talking with your parents if you think it will help...
You may need to seek expert advice in order to find some sort of de-tox programme. This site helps so greatly for other support, just knowing that someone is there 24/7 and there are so many wise and wonderful caring people here who can offer advice and suggestions to help you through anything. Ita a wonderful resource with very real people at the heart of it...

My love prayers and thoughts are with you today, be strong

Love and hugs
Purrdddyxxxxx
Old 02-04-2006, 01:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Lisa here. I've written a 5 page letter to my family, I have been totally honest even though I know they will be angry and hurt. I'm giving it to them tonight.I've slipped again regarding tablets. Maybe tomorrow I can try yet another of my millionth fresh starts.I can't cope anymore,
Old 02-04-2006, 01:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lisa,
You may be surprised at your familiy's reaction. They may be shocked, but they love you and I am betting they will help you and give you their strength!
You have done the next best thing for your recovery!!
Dawn
Old 02-04-2006, 02:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Lisa,

Funny but I *JUST* told my parents about my addiction to heroin just this past Tuesday. They didn't even know I smoked pot fer chris'sake! I had no idea what their reaction would be like, but guess what... nothing but love, support, and 2nd chances. And today, I'm six days clean going cold turkey on a $170/day heroin addiction. I'm 500mi from where I was 5 days ago, and I'm already a happier and more fulfilled person. It truly does get better each day. I'm noticing little things, like picking up peices of trash that I leave or having more motivation to get in the shower each morning. I still have such a long way to go, but wow, let me tell you - telling my parents was the best thing I could have done. I feel now that I no longer am letting myself down each time I use, but also them. I have a true stake in getting recovery and I'm not going to blow it. I know I'm not using tonight, and I'm going to my 1st NA meeting at 6:00pm. Please please please please give your parents that letter and regardless of their reaction, you will already be feeling better.. I promise.

Paul