View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 02:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Paul83

Lisa,

Funny but I *JUST* told my parents about my addiction to heroin just this past Tuesday. They didn't even know I smoked pot fer chris'sake! I had no idea what their reaction would be like, but guess what... nothing but love, support, and 2nd chances. And today, I'm six days clean going cold turkey on a $170/day heroin addiction. I'm 500mi from where I was 5 days ago, and I'm already a happier and more fulfilled person. It truly does get better each day. I'm noticing little things, like picking up peices of trash that I leave or having more motivation to get in the shower each morning. I still have such a long way to go, but wow, let me tell you - telling my parents was the best thing I could have done. I feel now that I no longer am letting myself down each time I use, but also them. I have a true stake in getting recovery and I'm not going to blow it. I know I'm not using tonight, and I'm going to my 1st NA meeting at 6:00pm. Please please please please give your parents that letter and regardless of their reaction, you will already be feeling better.. I promise.

Paul