Notices

Help! Looking for support!!

Old 09-10-2005, 11:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Help! Looking for support!!

My anxiety is through the roof right now, I just need to have someone type to me, pleaase. Just type, please. Anything.. Tell me about anything. Please..
Becky
Old 09-10-2005, 11:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

hey Becky
whats up??
k heres a quick one, i worked till 11 pm, my boss didn't show up till 11:30 and i have to be back for 8...but i HAD to check in on SR....
i'm tired, i won't drink tonight and i'm taking a newcomer to a meeting tomorrow, he called ands a sked me
"HOW DO I STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
what would you tell him?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hi, thanks so much. I have been having a panick attack and just lost it, I'm sorry I just went off here, begging. I just freaked out for a bit.. Got sick, and was gone for a few minutes,,,, being sick, and it seemd to calm me down some. Ohhhh, this anxiety, it's so tough to live with.. I can manage, I will manage, I am managing, even if it didn't sound like it.. Sorry.
But then, maybe it's ok for someone new coming that maybe has the same type of problems, to see that I have been around for a while, and it happens.. They are not alone, just like I am not alone, I hope.. That's why I put that under my name, we used to say that alot on NA, as a matter of fact, one of my meetings was called your never alone, I really liked that meeting, it was just really far away, in the treatment center I attended.. I went oh maybe 10 times outside of being in the detox/treatment center ( and I was in that center a handful of times so I went to quite a few meetings then ) I always liked it because of the fact that it was in a treatment center, and it was nice to always have newcomers, new stories, seeing people really seeing hope for the first time in a loooong time... But like I said, just to ar away..
I know this is not the NA forum, and I don't attend anymore, I just kinda got off on that subject, because I like the saying, you're never alone, such a great statement isn't it?? I think it fits SR quite well, someone is ALWAYS here, look I was suffering ( really suffering!!) in the middle iof the night, and up pops "want" to help me...
Thank you so much, just for saying something to me, shows you care..
As you see I am babbling, because I am a bit anxious right now, although it's alot better than it was..
I love Sr, you all have been so good to me.. Thank you for that. It's just so difficult to deal with this anxiety..
I would like to get up and go to church in the am, not sure though, kinda late, and I am a bit wired... Hopefully, I could use it right now.....

Want, about the newcomer, I would tell him/her, one minute at a time, go to meetings, and USE those phone numbers and try out SR, as I find SR helps me so much..
It's always one minute at a time in the beginning, and be real good to yourself, alllow the feelings to flow, and understand that they are going to, that's really important for new people to understand, because THEY FLOW, the TEARS, the ANGER, everyhting, it seems you just begin to FEEL, everything,a nd it can be a bit overwhelming at times, but it's good to just take it all in, and be good to yourself, just let it happen.. I feel really sorry for people who just try to stop, with no SR, no AA/NA, no nothing, just stopping on their own, no support, I don't know really if one could survive that way, because it's tough to understand all those feelings in the beginning,, if no one tells you that it's because we numb all that for so long that all of a sudden there they are, and what?? How is one supposed to handle that, if you don;t have any idea whats going on???? Maybe they don't, maybe they just relapse, until someone shows them the way to something??? I guess I just believe that a person HAS to have a program of help, and support, doesn't really matter which one, just so they have one..

Well, thanks again, and sorry all, for flipping out like that.. I am grateful want that you took the time out, and showed me you cared by typing me,,

I love ya,
Becky
Old 09-11-2005, 12:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Becky, I'm sorry about your anxiety attacks. I use to suffer from them and I know how horrible and frightening they can be. Was there something that may have triggered it, or did it come out of the blue?
Old 09-11-2005, 12:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Becky,

I too get those and OMG I think sometimes that the world is coming to an end but I know that this is not true. Yet I know when we are in them it is hard to get threw them, I know that sometimes if I read or write that seems to help get it out on paper or atleast it does for me. I too am having a hard time finding and figuring out this what has happened to me today but I know that this too will pass. If you ever need to talk just holler for me.

Love Vic
Old 09-11-2005, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

****{Angel}}}
Hi hun! Well, I wasn't on at all yesterday or last night but I sure hope you are feeling better by now!
I have noticed that I get more panic/anxiety attacks at night...especially late at night. Not sure why but sometimes I think I go through manic phases or something and get those when I am "coming down"...I dunno{?}
I have found that the best thing for me to do is just to get my butt to bed when I feel that way, watch some TV and try to drift off to sleep. Sometimes that doesn't always work and I will get up to have a cig {yes, STILL smoking!ugg!} and flip through a magazine. During the day if I feel anxiety coming on {even after I have taken the Xanax I am prescribed} I just have to find a way to stay busy, but if all else fails and I run out of stuff to do I will try to get in a nap which usually helps.
You do seem to suffer from this alot hun and I would definately be discussing that with your doctor. Maybe there are other medications or coping skills or something that he can suggest.
One thing we both know is that it does pass so I sure hope you are feeling better!
****{HUGS}}} Hang in there!
Jane
Old 09-11-2005, 11:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On a tear

Hi Becky... Life on life's terms... some days, it just sucks. Other days, it can be damned pleasant. So I try to remember to chant.... "This too shall pass".

And I know from MY experience about how long my bad days go for... generally about 18 hours, sometimes as short as 5, never longer than 24. Once I know how long I have to be in a place I don't like, I know how much energy to put into tolerating it.

I hope this makes sense. But learning that the difference between a good day and a bad day was about 2 days.... was something I learned here at SR.

Sending prayers for comfort and peace....
Old 09-12-2005, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hi there. I again want to thank all of you who took the time to talk (type ) to me here. It's really important I know for me when I am feeling really bad to have someone that understands what a panic or anxiety attack is all about to talk to . Or really any type of disorder, so I guess that covers just about everone huh LOL....

I do know now what has cause that panic attack AI had. I began a new medication, for my mood disorder, and I am afraid of medications, and afraid of doctors, and ya know, just pretty much afraid of everything, life,,,,,
Anyway, I had a panic attack because my fear and anxiety built uo about taking that med, adn I ttk it, and boom, I had the attack. I have to sstop doing that to myself, now lastnight,when it was time to take it, I sat and looked at it, and just sat with it then, doing other things,,, finally I gave in and took it, I worked through it in my head, calming myself, and I did not have a panic attack.. YEA!!!

So thanks again to alll of yopu who took the time, with the words of encouragment.
Love, Becky
Old 09-12-2005, 12:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks for the thread angelgirl... I'm all crazed out right now... anxious... just relapsed...
I know that if look in the trash can infront of my house I, would still fine some of the weed I dropped there last night... and I'm walking back and forth... telling me not to do it...

but I see... I'm not the only one whos been all anxious on this day...
Old 09-12-2005, 08:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey brutal, how are you doin? Yes, I have done that tye of thing many times, only, I flushed my pills, only to be pacing and really sorry later...
Here's something I found to be really funny at the time, and still now when I think about it, and I can;t remember word for word, but the REASON I found it so funny, was because I RELATED SO much to it, The person ( and I can't even remember who it was, I wish I did, but it was here on SR, I would give credit to them, if I remembered who it was ).
They said, they flushed their pills down the toilet many times, only to be scuba diving for them later..

It's best to get rid of the stuff all together.. People will do some pretty nasty things, including digging drugs out of dirty slimy garbage, even 9f it's covered in slim, doesn't matter, druggies will use it, if they aren't ready to get sme help yet..
So can you relate? Are you ready?
Hows the anxiety now? Getting any better yet? I'll be here on and off tonight, if you need to post back and forth.. It's best just not to pick up.. But if you have, still, you can post. Theres always a new start right now.. Right??
Hope it's getting better..
Love, Becky
Old 09-15-2005, 11:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Becky,
Sorry to hear you were feeling so rough and glad to hear that you have pulled through. I just want to let you know you are precious to me. I thank you for the lovely warm welcome you gave me to SR. I haven't been posting. I am/have been in a bad depression. Hey, just thinking that maybe it is not so black now cause I am thinking about someone else, YOU. I am still attending meetings at a rehabilitation centre. I am going in at the end of October. That is my earliest date as the unit only has twelve beds. I know this may sound really silly...I just got shy about posting! However here I am. So love and good vibs to you.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Not crazy, just a lil unwell

I had an anxiety attack this morning so bad I felt like I was having a heart attack. I didn't post because last time I posted about being bummed out a few days ago, I didn't get much replies, and that made me feel really sad. I'm glad you posted this so I could relate to you by reply rather than having the lack of balls to start a post myself. I hope your day gets better from here.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Fire Wind Rain)))

Amazing how your thread has worked Becky. Sometimes we give gifts without knowing it.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hi there Pip, I am so happy to see you post!!!
Shaoonon, They are terrible, srry you ahve surreded them. They are so scarey, that's why my message sounded like this..

I have to finish this maessage later, srry. I am going to my sons football game.

I am a but bothered, I typed a big long message to both of you here, and "poof" it was gone, Si I'll finish later. Have a good night.

Thank you for posting, I'll talk (type) more later.
Love ya
Becky