# 4 (permalink)  

Night y'all!
Old 08-29-2016, 01:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stranger things: I like to think that drinking is the 'upside down'
Old 08-29-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

I am on 2 weeks vacations starting today. Going to spend it looking for gigs to improve my financial situation and preparing to a long war with banks. Dream vacations, ain't it?)

Have a great sober week, everyone!
Old 08-29-2016, 01:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new part D
Old 08-29-2016, 02:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you carve out some you time in there MB

D
Old 08-29-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning!
Stress level high today. Lots of stuff going on at work that I'm not ready for. I slept fitfully. I'll have to employ all of my best coping skills. There's a fancy work reception at 5 today at one of the local golf courses. I'll go, but only for the food and to make an appearance. It's going to be a Brazilian buffet. Should be interesting. But I'll be really tired by then.

Coffee and to work early.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hey hey hey...
BigS posted this in part 1, thought I would bring it over to part 2:

Speaking of achievable goals, some great advice for newcomers to sobriety is to keep things simple. Don't try to reinvent the wheel in the first two weeks, or even build a better mousetrap! Just remember that the goal is to finish each day sober, and wake up each day sober. Period. You'll go to bed a winner and wake up a winner every day if you follow those rules. Early on, we need to take all the wins we can get. Set the bar appropriately and you'll gather momentum as you continue!
^^^^ Them are some good words of advice.

My shoulder hurts... don't know why... exactly why anyway...

my tourist trip to Lancaster turned out pretty good. Passed no less than 50 buggies on the road... did the tour of the "only" authentic Amish home in the country. Glad I did. I learned quite a bit about the Amish and etc.
Drove home in the dark... and you guessed it... all the buggies were still out heading home from the Sunday 'parties'. All sober no doubt!

Took a look at directions to airport one more time... not gonna park. Drop off Wife and son, circle to cell lot and come back, pick up and head home - IN TRAFFIC. But when is there never traffic going in and out of New York during the day...
Looks like Mesa found gold!
Melina, that shrimp salad looks amazing...

Hope all had an enjoyable weekend and all made it safely through the labyrinth of temptations.

Good luck Midnight Blue - and as Dee sez - try to find some 'me' time for yourself.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

oh, and a song for Sao...

Old 08-29-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thinking of you Marty

L put some muscle rub & heat spray on the shoulder it's helped my knee in the last 24h
Old 08-29-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning rogues!

Marty, hope the day goes by quickly for you. I hate when Mondays start off like that but remember nothing sucks forever! I'm not keen on what I've got to deal with this morning either, but I just keep reminding myself we've got a long weekend coming up yay!

Congrats to shotgun and shotgun jr!

Hugs to everyone who needs one this morning!
xoxo
Old 08-29-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning! on to day 16 here...

will be a sad day - going to work, then to a funeral of a family friend - haven't been close to him in a while, but was like a father figure to me when I was younger. then back to work. ugh. but no worries, busmates - wont be a trigger.

stay strong and let's kick Monday's booty together!

-J
Old 08-29-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Life Follows Art...

I'm dumping Ye Olde Trailer Tanks yesterday by the Campground Office. Up pulls the ubiquitous *Black* Van towing a small Pop-Up Tent Trailer. Straight outta that Al Yankovic Video Screenshot in the last Thread, this Amish Couple w/Infant head in to Register. Or, so I thought. Sho nuff, their License Plates are from PA.

As with our Mennonite Neighbors here, Vehicles are either purchased in black, or painted Black to convey austerity. And, not trying to one-up anyone. Our Mennonite Neighbors paint the Vehicle Bumpers black, as well. This Young Couple got a Bag of Ice, and away they went. Since this Campground was off the beaten Path, I'm thinking they swung by to get a Site at this large, full Campground.

In a bit, I saw them at a Turnout on this wicked Grade climbing out of this Mountain Town; arranging stuff in the back of their Van. My instant thought was to pull over, and edumacate them on how tough it is to find Sites before Labor Day. Mebbe make some Cellphone Calls to help them out. My usual RV Geezer Schtick. But, with my Rig totalling >45', there was simply no room to pull over. I hope they found a Site, cuz it's jammin' busy out here now. The fancy RV 'Resorts' are hitting $50-/Night; not my Schtick.

Amazing Dark Skies here a while ago when walking MesaDog at O-Dark-Thirty while Locked & Loaded for Bears in These Thar Hills.

See below where I towed yesterday. The Highway Physics are actually quite simple. You Drinkin'? You Dead. There's a Monument to 17 State Employees who've been swept off the Road by Avalanches while Snowplowing, or doing other Maintenance Work. In many spots, there's simply no room for Guardrails.

- Red Mountain Pass Pix -
Old 08-29-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Just looking at those pictures makes me anxious, Mesa. I'm terrified of heights. I'd have to close my eyes going through a pass like that. Hopefully I wouldn't be driving.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Good morning, folks. Hope everyone had a restful evening and are having a good sober Monday. I spent some time Friday afternoon cleaning up and reorganizing my office. It sure is nice to come in to a clean desk and office on a Monday morning. Now if only someone would take care of the work I need to do!

Stayed up reading again last night. I'm addicted to Orson Scott Card's "Ender" saga, despite the fact that the guy has turned into a bit of a wingnut lately, and despite the fact that the quality has gone downhill since the first trilogy. I started reading the First Formic Wars trilogy late last week, and I can't seem to put it down. Better than vegging out to the TV.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
I couldn't get to sleep last night...therefore the shotgun opportunity. I think I had the ugliness of telling the unfriend about cancelling the dog sitting on my mind. I am going to tell her today and get it over with. Wish me luck.
I'm feeling unsettled and worried. Being tired today isn't helping.
I need to drink my coffee and get on with the day. It looks like a beautiful day and it's nice and cool.
see you all later.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks for Part two Dee

I meant to say yesterday how good Melina's shrimp salad looked

I have Vertigo so like Marty I gulped a bit when looking at Mesa's mountain road pics. Like Brynn I worry about the person on Soberwolfs avatar

Thanks for the song LB for copyright reasons we not allowed to play it but I have the album Exodus on vinyl, CD and digital (I would have had it on cassette tape at some point)

Public Holiday in England and Wales, the Notting Hill Carnival is on in West London, i'm not going (too drinky) but daughter 2 has gone with friends

Edit: I think it was Brynn but it may have been Ruby
Old 08-29-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning pipples.

Congrats on shotgun HaF.

I hope things go smooth today Marty.

Good luck on the gig hunt MB