Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come celebrate another sober weekend with me 15 16 & 17 Nov 2013

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey all ,
Another friday , i was due to go to a cremation of my old boss today but the guy i was going to go with got ill and i wouldn't know anyone there , since my ex died i haven't attended anything other than those that were very immediate family.
Plus i have a trouser crisis. because of only going to ones of people i loved dearly, i could always go in what i always wear, going to one where i don't know the loved ones means certain conventions of dress are required, mine were about 2 inches to small round the waist !

So an unexpected day off … used to be difficult to cope with , but now it's fine .. potter round the house , work on the car , watch some movies , go for a walk if the weather is nice , sort out my student loan application for the degree ,

Lets get through the weekend , some days can be painful, hard and miserable in recovery but stick with it because you're on the right path, as my mate would say you got to get your knees dirty , get humble and thankful for this gift .

Let's do it , Good luck , m
Old 11-15-2013, 12:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

*****, been waiting for this thread ! I am in for another sober weekend ! Thanks, Mec !!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Nice Kaneda ,
glad you like it i think the earliest the weekend thread has ever spawned happened on a wednesday , i think the longest it's gone on for was until wed's morning uk time , when my American friends have been chatting tues night on a bank holiday i guess …

Since joining SR I've become a lot more aware of the hours of different countries in relation to my own , kinda cool .. i used to like looking at the webcam on the ISS and seeing us all .

m
Old 11-15-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im in!! 12 days sober today and feeling great. I have a day off today, going to have a chilled out lazy day before working all weekend.
Hangover free weekends rock!!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Heya Mecanix and all SR weekenders! * ring ring* I'm looking forward to a weekend at home as it's going to be pouring rain (yay!) (I'm Australian, we treasure rain) so I plan to have a good time IN. Baking, reading, watching movies, pottering and of course -- making more chocolates. * ring ring*

Mecanix will you be trouser shopping?

Have a good and sober weekend SRers.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm in! this is my 22nd consecutive sober weekend and I'm going to celebrate with a very large chocolate milk shake
Old 11-15-2013, 02:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been lurking (drinking) for weeks and 5 days ago was brave enough to join the site.

Hope it's ok to jump in, because I really want to get through this first weekend sober.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

trouser shopping , Never !
I'm more determined than ever to use the power of optimism and put those trousers back in the wardrobe knowing assuredly that I WILL FIT INTO THEM ONE DAY , like the other 60% of the stuff in my wardrobe , even if it is hideously out of date i'm gonna wear it one day , by goodness ! ruff shirt flared jeans and all
I will be like a 1990's austin powers in the 2010's

m
Old 11-15-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey AppleHaze ,
nice to have you along , pull up a chair , get involved ,
*ring ring*

m
Old 11-15-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hiya Mecanix , hi all

I'm ready for another sober weekend . I'm Australian too Marcher , wonder if we will be having rain in Adelaide ? I'll be working anyhow and indoors , so great to work without a hangover on weekends now .

Love this thread mecanix. :-) xxx
Old 11-15-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Whoo hoo! I choose to stay sober this weekend .
Old 11-15-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I'm in! Thanks for starting us off, m. Welcome to all the newcomers. Of course it's ok to jump in! The water's lovely and warm.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Count me in! Sunday will finish month 5. Then onto the adventure of the 6th. There is no better time in my opinion than a sober week end in a week.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Happy to be here this fine Friday. At work already and excited to get some things done I find fun to do. Imagine loving my job this much. Huh.

I have a visitor up from ny this weekend so I will be busy. Going to the art museum tonight and doing some cooking.

Welcome to the newcomers! Hello to the gang!

Thanks M as always for the custodial work and for the support you provide. Helps me a lot.

Ken
Old 11-15-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Apple and to any other newcomers! Looking forward to an awsome sober weekend. I can't believe I hit two months this past week. Have some early hockey games to get up for and some quality time to spend with my kids. Enjoy your sober weekend everyone!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Feeling the need to commit to a sober weekend here!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I woke up this morning in the best mood. I LOVE Fridays! And happily, I used to wonder if I loved Fridays because it is when I gave myself the chance to drink with reckless abandon, but I have no desire to drink today and I am in the best mood ever!!!! So Happy Weekend. Day 48 for me.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

May I join you beautiful sober soldiers ?
I'm looking forward to such a great few days. Fondue with girlfriends tonight, a visit with my baby cousin tomorrow, an audition for a role I have been wanting so bad I could taste it, go carting and dinner and hopefully a call back Sunday.
Followed by a massage.

None of this would be happening if I was drinking.

I'm so grateful to be sober !
Old 11-15-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm in! *ring ring*
Old 11-15-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This will be my first sober weekend since my last pregnancy 22 years ago - I Am now 6 days free - does anyone have advice on how to get through this - unfortunately my husband is a very heavy drinker - the house is not and will not be free of alcohol...