Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come celebrate another sober weekend with me 15 16 & 17 Nov 2013

Notices

weekenders come celebrate another sober weekend with me 15 16 & 17 Nov 2013

Old 11-16-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Up early on a Saturday morning, a little tired but definitely not hungover. I am ready to see what the day brings...although I do see a nap in my future! Have a great and sober Saturday everyone!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning! Sober Saturday has arrived. Today I am 7 weeks sober. We have a busy day with our kids, so it is good to not have to do it with a hangover!!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

So nice to be up early on a Saturday instead of sick on the couch! No misery or regrets or shame! It's going to be in the 60's today in NY (sweet!) and there is no way I'm going to spoil that with booze. I've found that drinking is such a major waste of time. I'm going to be way too busy for that!

Happy sober Saturday ya'll!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Wish I'd found this thread sooner, I was really struggling yesterday. This is my third sober weekend and I'm getting through it. Congrats to everyone else out there, glad to hear everyone's keeping busy!

PS- Those recipes for cauliflower are making me hungry and it's 7am where I am. Breakfast cauliflower?
Old 11-16-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey 3daysfree ,
i suffered from "phantom hangovers" until i realised most normal people call it having a rough day and feeling a bit "off" … or maybe you just have a headache ?

I've read about peoples eyesight getting better after getting sober so might be worth getting them checked out ..

drink some water as it helps flush your body and keeps you hydrated , sometimes i forget and get a bit poundy headed ..

m
Old 11-16-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders,
Checking in. Ready for this sober weekend. Helping my x move out today and fixing some stuff at her new place. This feels good. She has a good home now and can start a new life. But, yarrrr, so much stuff. This will take the whole week. lol

3daysfree, Gatorade (sports drink) and mufti-vitamins where very helpful for detoxing in my case. Hang tough. hug

Cheers,
Cas
Old 11-16-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Was feeling "itchy" and edgy this morning when I woke at 6:30. This is my first sober weekend in three months. But, I dragged myself to my 8 a.m. meeting, got some ribbing from the guys I know about where I've been, was honest about relapsing and now feel much better. Hungry though. Making bacon and eggs for me and the kids. I wish bacon cooked faster.

Then I will nag kids about cleaning their mess and call my mother to get together with her.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all! Just checking in, finished my volunteer shift, it went well, I bought new Christmas stockings for my family Now I just want to stay home and be lazy. However, I made plans to go out bowling but I am so tempted to cancel them and just cuddle up at home for tonight...
Old 11-16-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Checking in, I have some paperwork to do and I am also volunteering at the food bank today.
I hope everyone is enjoying a hangover free sober Saturday
Old 11-16-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Was feeling "itchy" and edgy this morning when I woke at 6:30. This is my first sober weekend in three months. But, I dragged myself to my 8 a.m. meeting, got some ribbing from the guys I know about where I've been, was honest about relapsing and now feel much better. Hungry though. Making bacon and eggs for me and the kids. I wish bacon cooked faster.

Then I will nag kids about cleaning their mess and call my mother to get together with her.
That's awesome that you went to the early meeting and are making plans to get together with your mom! - way to go!

I think this is my... 3rd weekend sober now... I think I'm coming down with something so I'm trying to take care of myself to prevent any cold/flu- it's interesting actually "taking care" of myself now- three weeks ago I would have gone to the liquor store to get some whiskey and get myself drunk to feel better. So dumb.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good to see all the sober folks enjoying their weekend! I am 56 days sober today! Next Friday will be two months! Holy crap.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Everyone is AWESOME for staying sober this weekend!

I went to an AA meeting this morning, and need to do some work around the house this afternoon.

I hope the rest of your Saturday carries on to a fantastic Sunday!
Old 11-16-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I cancelled my bowling plans for tonight. I am just going to stay in and take it easy. The graduate program I am in is very intense and draining. I need this time to recharge my batteries. I need to be kind to myself. I can't drink to numb my perception of stress and fatigue anymore. I need to address those feelings and take actions to change them. Wow, being sober sure makes me feel like an adult!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

It'll my first sober weekend in months. Day 6 for me! Feeling great physically. Emotions have been kicking my a$$ every time loneliness creeps up on me. Luckily, my daughter is with me on weekends! Loneliness won't be an issue so I'm hoping my AV keeps it's mouth shut for the whole weekend. Feeling positive. Not looking forward to her return home. Then I'll be alone again with my cravings.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It has been dark and gloomy here all day. My AV was whispering about how "cozy" it would be to settle in with a glass of wine, but I just fixed myself a nice, big cup of Chai tea, instead. I have two favorite mugs that I am the only one allowed to use and they feel special and cozy to me.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Checking in for a sober weekend. Glad to see the weekenders ringing in!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:50 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Calling it a night with a fresh pack of Oreo Double Stuffs!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnowDawg View Post
Calling it a night with a fresh pack of Oreo Double Stuffs!
That sounds awesome!! Yummm! I'm watching some Nashville and picking at a couple pieces of chocolate
Old 11-17-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

watched an amazing football game today (Auburn/Georgia). my heart was beating out of my chest at the end. hit a great meeting too. i feel so hopeful and good today. tomorrow's going to be a great day too. i hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

oh...and Go Pack Go!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey youngcatlady , nice you found us *ring ring*
Hey snowdog keep on trucking , oreo's are better than booze any day i hope you get enough excersise and fruit and vegetables doing what you do for a living , some of the truckers in the uk are larger than me, with their fried breakfasts , which can't be a healthy size !

Need2riseagain , chaili , DG, alysheba , everyone else *ring ring*

Sunday, sunday, eggs, bacon and mushrooms for breakfast , going to try and get some excersise in later if my mate is around , it's not quite the same when you do it by yourself i find .
Also have lots to do round the house , but hey most importantly i just need to get through it sober and relax … so raising steam by terry pratchett shall be my major occupation today (and SR)

Day 806 and ringing out the freedom bell for all who are willing to listen to it call , come join us , *ring ring*

Bestwishes, m