Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come celebrate another sober weekend with me 15 16 & 17 Nov 2013

Notices

weekenders come celebrate another sober weekend with me 15 16 & 17 Nov 2013

Old 11-17-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Up early and ready for a lazy day of cooking and going to the movies.

Hope all is well out there. I know it may not be.

I remember Sunday morning at this time. Head ringing from the crack or powder. Still up chasing the party and darkness for all I thought it gave me.

This morning I am chasing the coffee pot and two rambunctious cats around the house.

A trade I happily accept!

Stay strong. Believe in your self. Remember to smile. Even if you have to force it. Because it does and will get better. You and you alone really do have the power to change! That's no lie! No BS.

K
Old 11-17-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks mecanix, and thanks for the Sunday morning message Weasel. It sure does feel good to wake up and not to be hungover right now. Chances are good that a month ago I'd just now be going to bed. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Made it through to Sunday - I went to bed early again as my wine brain kept over riding my sober brain - wine brain has NO idea I'm not drinking it's the weirdest thing was totally ready to drive my sober brain to the packy - and my sober brain would be like ok let's go - then a few second later sober brain would remember and turn off wine brain - then my sober brain had a pity party about everyone who Can actually stop at 2 glasses and why I can't drink wine anymore like everyone else and then Wine brain would start up again - I bet you could stop at 2 now you gone a whole week now - it was laughable except the battle was really going on.... It was rxhausting -I just went to bed
Old 11-17-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Up at 6:38 on a warm, wild, windy and wet Sunday. Today is day 6 for me. Quiet house except for two cats alternating on scratching the back door screen to be let in and out and in and out.

Had trouble falling asleep last night but eventually did. My body was stiff with anxiety and the whirling thoughts of stuff that needs to get done at home. I took .25 mg of my klonopin (half a pill) And then conked out. My dr. Prescribed it to help me with withdrawal and I have been trying to avoid taking it unless I absolutely feel the need. I am cautious tho as I don't really want to sub one addiction for another. I have taken benzos before and didn't abuse them. I am going to dig out a spare notebook to write thoughts and lists of things to get done to try to combat the whirling thoughts of making lists in head. Forgot that one tool in my kit. Time to use it again.

I grocery shopped yesterday and walked past the free wine sampling and "would you like to try some?" With a "no, thank you!"

Went to my brothers a house yesterday with my parents and my kids for dinner. It was a safe place to bed and I am glad I went as that edgy feeling came back towards evening. Made it safely thru day five. My AH husband, on day one, made it through too.

Another 8 a.m meeting. Church and chores around the house. Then back to work tomorrow after a week's vacation.

Hang in there all you weekenders! Love this thread! Hope you all have a great and sober day.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 50 for sober me. My nine year old daughter was at a sleepover party last night (something she hasn't done very much) but we didn't get any middle of the night phone calls so I guess she was okay. I probably had more anxiety than she did. We have a end of season party with her softball team today. There are a couple of moms on the team whom I have been wanting to get to know better, so that is my goal today.

Have a Strong, Super, Sober Sunday. I know I will. Friday and Saturday nights are my toughest hurdles. Sunday is like a breath of fresh air . . . . .
Old 11-17-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by 3daysfree View Post
Made it through to Sunday - I went to bed early again as my wine brain kept over riding my sober brain - wine brain has NO idea I'm not drinking it's the weirdest thing was totally ready to drive my sober brain to the packy - and my sober brain would be like ok let's go - then a few second later sober brain would remember and turn off wine brain - then my sober brain had a pity party about everyone who Can actually stop at 2 glasses and why I can't drink wine anymore like everyone else and then Wine brain would start up again - I bet you could stop at 2 now you gone a whole week now - it was laughable except the battle was really going on.... It was rxhausting -I just went to bed

My Bed was like the fortress against alcohol for the first 6 weeks of so … in bed by 8 pm most evenings .. It got me through though …

Keep on

m
Old 11-17-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Keep going 3daysfree! I've been there. Brain warring with itself and dragging the body along for the ride. It is exhausting. Hang in there! Sleep is good. So is folding laundry and doing dishes and any mundane task that keeps your hands busy in repetitive motion. At least, that is what helps for me. Knitting or crochet too. Although I can't knit.

Got back from 8 a.m meeting. It was good. A discussion meeting and not step or big book. Kids are awake now. Watching cartoons. Church in an hour and a half. Little milestones of responsibility today to provide structure with not so much free and therefore "dangerous" times to entertain thoughts of drinking.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

It's so nice to read everyone's sober activities... whether they're a struggle or not! I got up early over here in California... coffee time... not too much else planned today. I have that eerie guilty feeling of "when i was drunk I completely messed my life up it's useless and will never get better"- yes I know it's not true, but that's how I'm feeling this morning and I definitely need to be meditating on that.
Happy Sunday everyone
Old 11-17-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

This weekend is going well. It is so nice to get a little break from school. Learning how to be a consistently sober young woman again has its challenges but I am starting to remember how much more there is to life than drinking and getting high. Just need to make it through a family dinner tonight served with copious amounts of wine. I can do this! Day 76 for me
Old 11-17-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Spinning Sober

It's a cloudy, rainy Sunday here in Louisiana. I'm at work for a couple more hours then time to
relax
Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Cloudy and gray here in VT but unusually warm. My son's gf over early this morning so it was a treat to have my son make breakfast. I was forced to clean my room as I'm squirreling away giving them a little space as they are watching a movie. Hard to share space when living in small quarters but at least we now have peace and simplicity in our lives. My heart is pretty heavy today with my relationship but I'm taking it hour by hour trying to not get lost in the emotions. Life still has it's bumps in sobriety but staying sober makes dealing with it much easier. Stay strong Sober Sunday warriors....take it hour by hour if you need to like I am!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

.....and two rambunctious cats around the house......

Nothing like having your own live action you-tube cat video! I have two as well, and they are highly entertaining!

Happy sober Sunday to all!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good things about my Sunday afternoon
1 - I'm roasting a chicken for dinner!
2 - I'm relaxing on the couch with a blanket all cozy watching tv
3 - I am not hungover trying to piece together my Saturday night!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sunday evening relaxing , sober and content, or will be w hen I get a bowl of ice cream out of freezer. Mmmm

Have a great evening and a new start tomorrow, friends of SR x
Old 11-17-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Rough night last night...I was so restless. At 2am I took an ativan because I simply couldn't stand it anymore. I couldn't sleep, and couldn't sit still. Then of course, I slept in too long. Yuck. Not happy with myself at the moment.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I notice it was a full moon today so be prepared everyone .
When i used to work in the pub trade everything used to go a bit crazy .

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-17-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I notice it was a full moon today so be prepared everyone .
When i used to work in the pub trade everything used to go a bit crazy .

Bestwishes, m

LOVE a full moon!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

The wind is howling right now. Storms on the horizon, which is strange this time of year for north-central Wisconsin. I've got the door open to listen to it. I just love this type of weather. Just hoping it doesn't turn into a tornado.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Going to bed soon - thanks for this thread - the weekend support helped a lot!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Been reading the weekend posts. Winding down on Sunday eve in CA. Feeling very emotional and quick to tears and all kinds of extreme emotions. It's 3.5 months sober for me, I'm making a lot of positive changes, but it's very scary. Anxiety is high and I think there is a part of my that my be trying to sabotage some of my efforts to stay clean and sober and move into a new space. Just taking time, bits at a time, to stay sober and keep the way I've worked so hard for. Glad you were all here.