Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekenders come celebrate another sober weekend with me 15 16 & 17 Nov 2013

Notices

weekenders come celebrate another sober weekend with me 15 16 & 17 Nov 2013

Old 11-15-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm on board for my second consecutive sober weekend in a long long long time. Excited to see how much sobriety lets me achieve this weekend!

Big love out to all you terrific tee-totallers! Its Day 12 for me and I can honestly say that because of the immense support this forum gives, its been a walk in the park compared to my other attempts of sober living.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by boombox View Post

Big love out to all you terrific tee-totallers! Its Day 12 for me and I can honestly say that because of the immense support this forum gives, its been a walk in the park compared to my other attempts of sober living.
Agreed. As someone who has always valued face to face support, it's been fantastic to see how the internet can also assist with that support in SO many ways. This forum has definitely helped me these past 16 days!!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hey, I'm in for the weekend! I usually have to work...

So far, it's been restful--it's raining today, I've got a fire going, just hanging out at SR and having some coffee. There is a cat in my lap, and a fawn grazing in my back yard about twelve feet away...

Happy sober weekend to all!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
Hey, I'm in for the weekend! I usually have to work...

So far, it's been restful--it's raining today, I've got a fire going, just hanging out at SR and having some coffee. There is a cat in my lap, and a fawn grazing in my back yard about twelve feet away...

Happy sober weekend to all!
Sounds like you have some beautiful weather!! We're finally getting a little colder here in southern california... the past two days have been at least 80 degrees! Crazy.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Snug at home. Actually a cup of warm milk. Not sure why. Lol

Have a good night.

K
Old 11-15-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Finished my assignments for the week! Still have a report to write this weekend, but not tonight. Going to relax and enjoy a quiet hour at home with a can of sparkling grape juice. So glad that I am sober and can actually accomplish the things that I set out to do.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

My second sober weekend in a long time. I'm in!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'm in! I was having horrible cravings on my way home from work and was mad at the world that I can't be a normal drinker. But the poor me pity party has left the building and I'm in for another sober night. We can do this!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I couldn't decide if I was cranky earlier because my bf had alcohol on his breath OR if I was cranky because he can have a couple of drinks and then be done with it. After dinner and driving way out of my way to the store, I found my solution in peppermint ice cream and a new magazine
Old 11-15-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hello all! I'm here for my second consecutive weekend sober as well! I'm actually feeling good about this weekend and looking forward to indulging myself in video games all weekend. Because I can!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Spinning Sober

I'm here for another sober weekend. I'm going to be working most of it. I will probably catch a meeting either tomorrow or Sunday
Old 11-15-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Yahhhhh I live the exciting life - home on a Friday night - geesh why is this better than out being sloshed. No hangovers tomorrow for me :P
Old 11-15-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Made it through Friday, sober. I hit that meeting this morning. A good one. Wanted to hit another at 5:30 but couldn't because I can't bring the kids and cant leave them. Had some anxiety around that time,not exactly an urge, Because that is when id start drinking but instead, i splurged on pizza, for the kids, of course, ate, played hopscotch with my daughter, played disney infinity with my son, and here I am, looking to day five tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great night if you aren't already in bed. After reading all the great food suggestions I must plan my shopping list. First on the list though is cat food. I have one here pawing for my attention. Will probably hit an 8a.m. Meeting tomorrow before getting together with my mom. The meeting tomorrow will be hard to go to because it has a lot of regulars who have been wondering where I've been. I fessed to relapse yesterday and today at the meetings so I will just be honest. We've all been there. Or many of us.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm in. Day 55 sober. I think I'm going to watch some youtube videos this weekend and keep learning how to crochet.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yay! Almost time for bed on a Friday night and still sober. The movie was great! I love how going to the movies can take me out of my head for a couple of hours. It is a real treat to let myself get absorbed into the story and the scenery.

Another thing that I love about sober weekends is being able to indulge myself with a bedtime routine. When I was drinking, so many times I would end up passed out fully dressed in my bed. Now I can take the time to actually get ready for bed by taking care of my skin and teeth, changing into PJs, and just letting myself wind down from a long day into a comfortable sleep state.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

So i was determined to go to bed early and sleep in late , seem to have gone to bed late and awoke early tho' … i guess it will all sort itself out later in the week , i'm on holiday ..

not much going on today , feel a bit too tired to do anything much …

keep on everyone .

bestwishes, m
Old 11-16-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Tom ,
nice to have you along , congratulations on the nearly 4 weeks, keep on . It's always nice to see what other sober people are up to . Make a safe space where we can kinda talk round stuff . Sometimes where we can post and say nothing in particular but just touch base ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-16-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise - I too went to bed very early and am never awake on Saturday's at 7 usually sleeping it off BUT it is so weird I have a slamming headache....