Notices

8 days sober

Old 08-17-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

8 days sober

Here I am. This is hard. I have been reading here a lot lately, but haven't been posting much. My aches and pains are starting to fade. I haven't used in 1 week and I have a job interview tomorrow. I haven't gotten myself into a meeting yet. At least the battle today is should I go to a meeting instead of should I pick up, but still...
Old 08-17-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 days Lily, every single day that we don't use is a victory. I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and I hope that things start to get a bit more tolerable for you with each passing day. Sending positive vibes your way for a good interview tomorrow!

Audrey
Old 08-17-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on reaching day 8!!
I'm at day 7 and I also am feeling better although it seems to sneak back up on me just when I think I'm over the hump. But that's okay. I keep being reminded that it didn't start in a day and wont end in a day!
Good luck with your interview and you should be so proud that you are making such positive changes so quick.
If you can interview and start a new job then I can get off my couch!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Woohoo! Congratulations on both 8 days and the job interview!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic, Lily - congrats on the 8 days. And I'm with LTL - going to a job interview on day 9, that's amazing. Best of luck with it - let us know how it goes.

Congrats again - keep up the good work!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lily we are just two days shy of the same clean date, I say lets cheer eachother on! Way to go, keep up the great work.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck with the job interview! Someone once said "Wherever the mind goes, the body will follow." Stay positive and try to think of all the benefits a sober life has to offer you. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Old 08-18-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I feel like I should clarify: this is day 9 without heroin. I smoked weed the first 3 days...
I prefer percs and oxys but H is so much cheaper.
My SO, D, was suposedly sober but he picked up yesterday :,( oh well, there isn't anything I can do about that.
I am choosing to stay sober because my children deserve a sober mommy, whether or not D is clean.

I can't say I blame him, but I did ask him to leave. I found it in his pocket and flushed it. It was sooooo hard! I wanted to keep it for myself. A quarter gram.... down the drain. But I did it! Yay!
When he saw it was missing he couldnt say anything without admitting he had it in the first place, and I have to admit, I rather enjoyed watching him squirm.

We are both in treatment and have drug tests on Monday.... wonder how he's gunna pull that one off. But I know that mine will come up opiate free! and my marijuana levels will have gone down.

To everyone who has a non - addict partner: treasure them.

D and I man... IDK... sobriety is all about changing people places and things right?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi lily, congrats on your 9 days! It must be super hard with SO. No one used them but me, so your right it is much easier not having that temptation nearby. Kudos for being so strong! Did you ever join that IOP? I remember we had a conversation about that awhile back.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Lily congratulations on Day 8....if you pick up there is absolutely no guarantee you will make that job interview.

An hour or two out of your time at a meeting can't be that painful. Can it?

I think drinking would only sabotage what you want.

Why not don't drink....go to a meeting....and then make a decision.

Actually you will be in the same position again....you could go to a second meeting or you could take that drink.

I would like to see you healthy for your interview....so for now make a commitment to recovery.

Pulling for you....you are not alone.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

9 days off heroin, flushing your SO's stash, and keeping your priories in line...girl you deserve a healthy party

What kind of treatment are you doing? What are you going to do if D gets kicked out of the program?

My husband has no addiction problems but has been supportive of me cleaning up. You have it tough knowing both sides of the demon.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fancyfee View Post
9 days off heroin, flushing your SO's stash, and keeping your priories in line...girl you deserve a healthy party

What kind of treatment are you doing? What are you going to do if D gets kicked out of the program?

My husband has no addiction problems but has been supportive of me cleaning up. You have it tough knowing both sides of the demon.
If D gets kicked out he goes to jail, so at least I don't have to.
I'm doing IOP and just started about a week ago. I am afraid of using now that I'm in the IOP just cuz of my kids and stuff.

I am more at risk 11 weeks from now in my opinion. When all is said and done.

Right now I'm getting ready for the day and I'm pissed I flushed that crap. I feel like I should have kept some. Ugh... deffinately NOT talking to that boy today.
Thanks for the support guys.
I'm off to an interview, a meeting and then church tonight.
(Sigh) God is good. And I can't walk about eating the forbidden fruit now can I?

Old 08-18-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well, my interview went well. I guess I will find out if I got the job by Tuesday.

This is sooooo hard! I just want to run away and hide in a hole.

My cravings are really bad right now. just a 10. I just want one 10.
I won't. I wont. I won't. Ugh!!!

I wonder if I'm gunna have to go No Contact with D... breaks my heart. I really don't want to, but I think he picked up again today and that's not a lapse. That's actively using.

I'm torn about waltzing into Al anon as a double winner. Maybe I can go to celebrate recovery tonight.
Changing people is so hard. I hate this.

There is a movie called Get em to the Greek, and I totally feel it right now:
"it couldn't hurt ya know, to not be on heroin"

Somebody tell me its worth it and that everything will be ok. I just don't feel that way right now.
I go to my IOP tomorrow. Maybe that will help? I go 5 days a week 4 hours a day.

I'm not gunna pick up today. I'm pissed as all hell that my partner did. I'm trying to admit to myself that I'm more pissed that he picked up without me, and used it all. What!? Ya. Feeling left out. How dumb is that right? I'm angry that I have to do this alone, and that my spouse is not supportive. He is supportive by not enabling me. Pisses my inner addict off. I need to dump him and my friends who still use. Everyone I know uses something.

I can make new friends at meetings right? Maybe if I get this job too.

Thanks for letting me ramble
Old 08-18-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think you should go to the CR meeting tonight. I've heard good things about it and people I know that go seem really happy, like annoyingly happy

You can start over. I did. I cut everyone out of my life that used. They weren't real friends anyway. We all used each other. Put us in a room sober and I'm sure it would have been uncomfortable. My pill addiction 12 years later was different. Solitary, because most of my friends now are like, normal.

You can do it! For yourself and those kids