Notices

Class of January 2013

Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thumbs up Class of January 2013

Welcome

This is the thread for everyone quitting drinking or drugs this month of January 2013

All you have to do to join is post

You'll find a lot of support here - please come and join us!

D
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay, me.

I was waiting for this thread to pop up!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I started it a little early this year ...

anyone looking for the December class - they're still going...you can find them here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-15.html

D
Old 12-31-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks Dee

Good look to you all in January. You can do it!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm feeling positive today, yet horribly hungover.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi All,

3rd time is the charm. I appear to get to 3 weeks and then temptation gets the better of me over christmas this time. There has been no major relapses or disasters just a couple of drinks and you could almost say moderation but again it has broken my run at around 3 weeks

I want to be done with Alcohol and lead a healthier more holistic life so my goals are

1. off grog
2. meditation and means to deal with stress apart from drink as stress is a major trigger for me
3. exercise more a
4. more work life balance and qquality time at home

I found the support and accountability of this forum helpful in past attempts and I am looking for that again and to be succesful I think just giving up alcohol in itself is not the answer and to be succesful you need to embrase lifestyle changes as my past attempts would appear for me at least

So happy new year to you all and I wish you well on the journey you will be undertaking i wish you all the best and remember if you stumble there are plenty to pick you up
Old 12-31-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Congrats everyone for taking the leap. Take some time to relax and give yourselves a break from the stress. If you are anything like I was, I put a hell of a lotta stress on myself over the smallest things.

Take care!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To all you joining the 2013 jan group...good luck, enjoy the journey.

I was in the January 2012 group and have remained sober since jan 13th .

Early days, grind it out stare at a wall all day if you have to do not give in EVER to the cravings, remember you only have to go through this once.

I can honestly say the longer you go sober the better it gets.

enjoy.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I quit officially on the 22nd I think, but I like easy to remember dates better so I'm counting tomorrow january 1st 2013 as my 'official' date of no alcohol (I won't say sobriety because I intend to partake in other substances that haven't caused problems for me and which I enjoy).
Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fernaceman View Post
Congrats everyone for taking the leap. Take some time to relax and give yourselves a break from the stress. If you are anything like I was, I put a hell of a lotta stress on myself over the smallest things.

Take care!
I do this. Pressure and give myself a hard time about everything. Drives my other half insane.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gorc View Post
Hi All,

3rd time is the charm. I appear to get to 3 weeks and then temptation gets the better of me over christmas this time. There has been no major relapses or disasters just a couple of drinks and you could almost say moderation but again it has broken my run at around 3 weeks

I want to be done with Alcohol and lead a healthier more holistic life so my goals are

1. off grog
2. meditation and means to deal with stress apart from drink as stress is a major trigger for me
3. exercise more a
4. more work life balance and qquality time at home

I found the support and accountability of this forum helpful in past attempts and I am looking for that again and to be succesful I think just giving up alcohol in itself is not the answer and to be succesful you need to embrase lifestyle changes as my past attempts would appear for me at least

So happy new year to you all and I wish you well on the journey you will be undertaking i wish you all the best and remember if you stumble there are plenty to pick you up
Your post was so me!! I agree with all of your goals and those are things I want to add to my life. Also, simplicity..I want a more simple life with less stuff! Best of luck to all!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well I suppose this is as good of time as any for a first post. day 3 of sobriety and my only resolution is to not drink.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Roofus

D
Old 12-31-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just want to welcome all of you joining the January class. You can definitely do this!!!!

I am proud to be part of the class of October. Hope all of my OctSOBER family has a wonderful new year.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your goals gorc. I might do the same

1. To be free from not only active addiction but to be free from the crippling obsessive thoughts about drugs.

2. To be free from my eating disorder.

3. To stop being scared of mine and my families emotions and to be more emotionally available for my husband and our 5 children.

4. To stop being so self centered and to be able to help others as well.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
So it goes

Welcome to you. Like DarkDays I am in the January 2012 group.

I remember when one day without alcohol was a scarey thought, waking up every morning with a headache and wondering who did I upset the previous night, or at best , what inappropriate thing did I buy in a drunken bid frenzy from ebay. I went through all the cravings (you will like the chocolate one, you can eat loads without putting weight on for a while)

But I got through it all, and I am coming up to 1 year sober, I never thought I would make that, but I did, and it was because of here. Keep posting and reading, the support is great, and I hope to see you around on the forums.

I still buy rubbish off the internet though, I just know whats in the parcel when the postman turns up

BP
Old 12-31-2012, 10:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and welcome to the journey
Take care of yourselves and happy New year
Old 12-31-2012, 10:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm in Dee... strongly motivated by support from the wonderful people on this forum, the dedication of the administrators, and those who, like myself, have fallen by the wayside but are back with intent. My wish for you is to want sobriety more than anything in the world, and that this year is one of clarity, care for yourself, and the peace of knowing you really can do it, even if it is one day at a time.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks to those from the January 2012 thread that have posted in our support much appreciated and congrats on your year or upcoming year sober
Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Night owl

I started my recovery in Oct, had a few slips along the way. I'm using medication to help the beginning of my journey and that along with some mental kicks has kept me from clearly joining this. I decided if I felt clearer that I would like to join the 2013 thread, so here I am! And glad to be here.

One thing that's helped me get here is to finally realize, after reading it so many times and finally starting to GET it--is to be easier on myself. To stop expecting perfection and to just start accepting myself, right now, where I am in my journey. Whew! Feels a lot better so I'm going to keep feeding this way of thinking.

Congratulations to all of us stepping forward. May this year be a year of brightness, clarity, self-love and beautiful recovery.