Notices

Class of January 2013

Old 01-07-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Hello class just a quick check in with you all... I'm doing good no cravings to drink, eating sweets galore!! That's what happens to me when I don't drink I replace the sugar I got from alcohol(breaks down to sugar) with candy, ice cream etc. but it will pass in a few weeks. It is way better then the poison of alcohol. I have been craving a smoke I decided to try to quit, I even dreamt of smoking the other night...grrrA..I have been craving it the last two days like crazy, and I don't even smoke that much....Well gang my witching hour was always around 6:00pm so far it's all been good, I just keep saying I want to be free and healthy!! A friend of mine who is a sweet lady as drank for 30ish years I guess she is real skinny and looks very sick I heard today. I feel bad for her because I understand how alcoholism puts it hooks in you and how hard it can be to break free. I think its something we will have to work on all of our life to stay free. I realize for me I will always have to work hard on being healthy, it comes easy for some but for me I will have to work at it, that's okay by me....As long as I remember to work it!!!! When I don't all my bad habits come back fast!!!....Okay class lets keep our chins up and work work, work....Now off I go.. to eat a Weight Watcher brownie Helps to calm my sugar craving with Weight Watchers goodies
Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Administrator

Life was very scary for me too Jim...I was proofreading at the time...it was incredibly difficult in my first weeks...I had health scares too...I'd suffered mini strokes...I was terrified I'd pushed myself too far and I was going to die...even though alcohol caused those hassles I wanted to drink more than anything.

I'd never dealt with reality or crises sober in 30 years - it was a frightening and very steep learning curve...I hated feeling feelings and feeling uncomfortable...it was maybe the roughest period of my life...but I did it with the help of the community here...and it got better.

I learned. You will too - don't doubt yourself mate

D
Old 01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Always one to hit the nail on the head Dee as to how I'm feeling. The fear is great that I am too far in, I feel it would be easy to go full time right now and give up on myself. However, that's the beauty of SR, the future is all mapped out here on where I will go. You can read it all here, the feelings, stories and people's history is far too familiar.

I don't mean to be a drama queen, but I am trying to make what I believe is the right choice moment after moment, not to drink. It's been said so many a time flippantly , but I really can't go back in.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spent a few weeks moment by moment too.

trust me - keep moving forward - it's not pleasant, or easy or fun .....but you can do it, it will not kill you, and things will get better Jim

D
Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Administrator

We close threads at around 500 posts so as to not make them too unwieldy or slow down the server....

then we open them right up again as Part 2

join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

Last edited by Dee74; 01-07-2013 at 04:28 PM.