Arrow Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 36

Welcome to your new page....

To find the previous one....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-35-a-17.html

Enjoy
Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good morning all.

(((cangel))) I went off googling, and found the mezzotints, very beautiful. I have decided that if I were rich, i would be surrounded by art..and cats..

there is too much art to see, in one lifetime.

glad kitties are well, and that they like each other. I wish my two remaining would be more trusting of each other, so they could snuggle. they do get close enough sometimes without swatting each other. that is some progress I guess.

Your violin is beautiful. my grandmother always wanted one of us grandkids to take up violin. wish I had.

not much to report here, all quiet. someone drove off with the gas hose still in their car, at our fuel station. that had to be a shock, and how embarrassing.

wish our (((timebuster)) would check in. miss our spiritual guide...
((tbeit)) hope you are well. what is new? family ok? miss ya.

((dreamscape))joe, how are things? how are you doing today? sending good wishes, and prayers that things are better.

sending love and hugs to all, and wishes for a beautiful day.
chic
Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Carol)) - Thanks for starting the new thread.

((cangel)) - I love the violin, too. My mom played viola in orchestra, when she was young, and my humanities class has introduced us to how music "came to be" over the centuries..that, art and architecture. The instructor has hard tests, but I have to admit, it's a pretty interesting class.

I got to sleep at a more decent hour, woke up with Elvis snuggled in my armpit, under the covers and his head resting on my pillow

((Love to all)) - I've got to get ready for the sr. center and make sure I have what I need to change into for the interview. Good thing there's not MORE interviews, as I just don't have the wardrobe - been a "jeans" lady for far too long.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-02-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

cangel..I totally got lost reading about the mezzotints as well
as looking at the prints. It was amazing the amount of work involved
to make a plate for printing.
Your violin is also a beautiful work of art.

As I was looking through the prints there was one that I will place
on my wish list by Andrew Wyeth..Masters Bedroom. Adorable!

Have a good day everyone

Good luck Amy.

I'm not sure what the day will bring me today so I will just do whatever
comes my way.

lauren
Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am going down to bratkin's after the interview. Seems that the "friend/cousin" who was going to help, so much, is not. Bratkin is tired, overwhelmed (the baby is 6 days old) and I get that. Sm told me bratkin WANTS me down there...sm told her "you're going to have to learn to ask for help".

So, texted bratkin, and will get my hands on the baby tonight. Got camera in my purse

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-02-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Good luck on your interview ((Amy))!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning all

Not sure what today will bring for me either, no definite plans. I'll do as Lauren said, take it as it comes.

Amy, positive thoughts for the interview.

Cangel, I'm going to google Mezzotints, I have to see what everyone is remarking on...love your description of home and art.

Chicory: hope you're doing well, that would be quite something to drive off with the gas hose attached!

Hello to Jason...

Off to see what the day brings...I feel it will be a good day
Bloss
Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((Amy))) Good luck on your interview and have a blast with BabyB. I love infants, I love the little sounds they make!

I wish I could get out more to see art. Hubs is hoping to come with me this winter to see some sights. There's some things I want to show him. Probably the most amazing bit I've seen is that marble statute of "Apollo and Daphne." That myth was one of my favorites, Daphne being turned into a laurel tree because Apollo was chasing her. Her father, the River God, turned her into the tree. hmm. Anyway, it's exquisite, the leaves so thin you can see the light through them and all the details.

(((chicory))). Yeah, The FuzzyB and OG never cozied up. He wanted to, he wanted to play. She just wanted to be left alone.

I have a fun evening with friends. We vowed to do it once a month, swore by the moon, but we all have just such different schedules, different lives, it's going to be hard. I will makes every effort.

My plans today include getting the kitchen scrubbed down and the bedroom organized. LOL. Modest little plans, we will see!

I am feeling much better. I hope my glasses get here soon.

BBL. And much love to you all! Let's have a collective thought for our Amy at her interview time of 2:30pm. I think she's on Eastern Time.

Lenina
Old 11-02-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lenina..so good to hear you are feeling better.

The statue is amazing, I haven't been to Rome..just googled it!

I was a little late on the collective yet knew she was just minutes
into the interview. Do you think she will make us wait until after
Baby B to get the news? However it turns out, second interviews
are hopeful at least.

My mom and I had a chat today..she always asks me how old I am!!
I tell her and she always says gosh I was so young when I had you,
a youngster myself. I say..yes mom we are like sisters now..eventually
we just catch up to each other. She tells me the same stories every
call and yet is fairly witty..all I can say is, I do think she is precious..Today
she said that she is going to stop looking in the mirror as it just doesn't
seem to any good whatever she does..her brain tells her she is still
the young woman she was..and the darn mirror ruins it all!

lauren
Old 11-02-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just a quick fly-by As long as my background check is okay, I have the job!! They do a 7-year check. Not sure if it's going to include all of 2005 (which is when I had the POV, but it was a first offender thing so not sure if it would show up), or if it's 7 years from today, it definitely will NOT show up.

I also already have my first assignment. Working with a couple, 6 hour shifts. It pays $1 more an hour because it is a couple AND I can still volunteer at the sr. center a few days a week.

Going to go see baby B, SOOOO excited!!!

(((Love to all!!)))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-02-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

CONGRATS ((AMY))!!

That's super awesome. You certainly deserve it
Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yippee Amy!

What wonderful news! 7 years back, stops before 2005!!! This is great news to come home to, and we are gonna have to celebrate here in the HH!
Just so happy for you girl- you completely deserve it.

gotta share this pick of my g-son Jack (3years) on Halloween, Trick or Treating as Bob the Builder.. it just cracks me up! He was so excited to be asking for CANDY, he looked like a man with a mission, dont you think?
Attached Images
Old 11-02-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Here is the real Bob.
Attached Images
Old 11-02-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh I am in love with Shortie! last one, I promise. for tonight.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

where is everyone? (((tpa)))?
guess I will retire, I hope I did not chase everyone off, with my grandma bragging...and kitty videos. I am lonely, and am trying to entertain myself..

love yas, nighty nite
Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((((chicory)))))) Oh no, honey! I've just been on the go! I love the yoga kittie! And the little Builder Bob is just too cute!

((((Lauren))) Apollo and Daphne is at the Borghese Museum which is pretty amazing in its self! The statue has a skylight over it so it's just unbelievable. The hair going into leaves and Daphne's toes growing into roots, oh my. Breathtaking.

(((((Amy))))) I am so very happy and very proud of you! and hope you're having a nice evening with the new baby.

I have to get pulled together to see a movie. I really want to tuck in and be quiet. I hoped I'd get to cleaning and organizing this hovel but I ended up being out most of the day. I am not enjoying being out and among them. Our city is being torn up and "redeveloped" in a horrid way. too much traffic, too many detours, too much anger.

I'll check in later after I get home.

Much love to all!

Lenina
Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

((Chicory)) - OMG, ((Jack)) is SO precious and definitely looks like a man on a mission I will watch the yoga kitty in just a minute.

Had a wonderful time at the bratkins'. I got lots of baby-holding time in, but also did a few things around the apt. for them and changed diapers Brat's bio-dad's parents came by, brought dinner, and I get along with them really good.

Both bratkins told me that I had done more, the first 10 min. I was there, than their cousin/friend had done in 5 days and were most appreciative. It's actually the most time I've ever spent with Mr. Bratkin, and I adore him.

I'm actually tired, so I'm thinking this is a good sign. Tomorrow, I will put a pic I took of baby B on my profile. Too tired to look for the cord, right now.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-02-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Chic.....have to say that is the CUTEST halloween picture of Jack!! What a little "dude" he must be!! It is going to take a million years to get caught up here but still I love to come and read and get little bits and pieces of everyone. See the babies and new critters!

Had a Halloween Party for 55 homeless folks on Halloween. I almost lost my mind but it was a blast. ...my tolerance level is getting better at work. When I am not HIGH and SICK things are wasy EASIER!!! Yes it is true my friends!!! lol....

I seem to have to repeat my mistake many times till I get the lesson . Oh well . I am not hatin on myself too much these days..Because I know when it all comes down to it NONE of us have got this life thing figured out much better than the next guy..we all have our own personal struggles and trials to go through. I am learning to love peoples differences..I love the imperfection that makes us all so damn unique....

Love you all ...
norty
Old 11-03-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Norty! Nice to see you. I've missed you!

I was sitting here feeding tiny pieces of steak to Lucy and was telling her; "I don't know of any other chicken that is lucky enough to be eating steak". I just wish she'd start eating on her own. She'll peck at stuff, grass, bird seed, chick starter, bread, corn, etc. But she doesn't eat enough to feed a fly. So I make sure she gets a full crawl before she goes to bed. Don't want my baby going to bed hungry.

Sounds like Britney is already figuring out being a new mommie is quite stressful. I hope she gets some zzzzzzzzzz's in before the next 18 years is over. LOL I practically helped raise my nephew when he was young. They lived a mile from me and I'd go down every night to give him a bath. Then I'd rock him to sleep. During the day he was at my house a lot of times. It's hard to believe he just turned 16 years old.

Lenina: Glad the meds are helping you feel better. Between my Estrogen and the thyroid meds. I've found life is much better. I've also started a new BP med I take at night. I sure hope this one works for me. The last three didn't.

I tried a new dish tonight. I took my leftover mashed potatoes. Then I added butter, shredded cheese, milk and diced onions to them. I used my hand mixer to blend it all up real good. Then I spooned it into little paper cups and baked them in the oven for a few minutes. They were delicious.

Best Wishes
TOD
Old 11-03-2012, 12:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Chicory..I love the pictures..he is just a sweet little guy..he does looked
determined and even his little tool box to gather candy. Makes me want
to have grandchildren. The kitty sure is a bedraggled looking little kitten
and so full of it, you can feel the love of the owners by them taking the
time to do these little films.

It is awful when you are lonely...sometimes I get like that as well, it is good
to come here and feel the warmth of others so that we know we are
understood.

Today was a day of reflection for me and of course it was from talking to
my mom as she always gives her utmost of love to my son by wanting me
to pass on messages from her heart. You see when I adopted him she in
her way pushed it a great deal. We were on a waiting list for either a little
girl or twins and had been for some time. Her phone calls and her interaction
with my brother who is the bio dad was at the time intense. We relented
and took ourselves off the waiting list to await a little guy that needed a
home. He was family and we each had a need. I never regret the action
yet my mom always takes guilt that he was not the perfect child. So today
after quiet time..all is well. He is my son and he is what he is. Some days
it just needs reflection and adjustment so that's been my day..

I feel better for it and will now carry on!

lauren