Notices

Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 36

Old 11-11-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I'm here, just hanging in the background. Rough road right now. Psych called to check in with me cause I have not been doing too well... I will see her tomorrow.

Hugs for ((everyone)).
Old 11-11-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

(((Jay)))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I'm here in spirit everyone..

I did a walk today with Ms. M..she was a happy girl..I was a tired one.

It is one of those days where I just need to mellow and read.

I am sending good thoughts where needed..words just aren't in me tonight.

Jay..hugs my dear!

lauren
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

((((Amy))) congrats on the Ace! WTG!

((((JayBird)))) Thanks for checking in. Check with your doctor, see if adding a little more Vitamin D might be good for you since the daylight grows shorter. I'm taking some sublingual D. I think a small part of my feeling poorly has been having my supplements all off schedule. I have to take the thyroid stuff on an empty stomach with lots of water and no food for at least an hour. No vitamins or other meds for at least four hours. So, it's messed up my routine.

I have been trying to wake up in the early hours to take the thyroid med and then go back to sleep a bit.

I watched the original Dracula movie last night on METV. It's a Saturday night horror show hosted by this nut called Sven Goolie. he's pretty funny in a silly, adolescent way so I love him. Anyway, I noticed for the first time in one of the opening shots of Dracula's crypt, they have a possum crawling around. I think it's supposed to look like a big old rat. And it does, but it's still a big old greasy looking possum. made me laugh. so I guess this is proof I'm better!

Love to all the Hen Housers!

Lenina
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

((((lauren))). Hugs to you, honey.

much love from Lenina
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

For Aunt Phyllis

When I spill some food on my nice clean dress
Or maybe forget to tie my shoe,
Please be patient and perhaps reminisce
About the many hours I spent with you.
When I taught you how to eat with care,
Plus tying laces and your numbers, too,
Dressing yourself and combing your hair,
Those were precious hours spent with you.
So when I forget what I was about to say,
Just give me a minute-or maybe two.
It probably wasn't important anyway,
And I would much rather listen just to you.
If I tell the story one more time,
And you know the ending through and through. Please
remember your first nursery rhyme
When I rehearsed it a hundred times with you.
When my legs are tired and it's hard to stand
Or walk the steady pace that I would like to do,
Please take me carefully by my hand, And guide me
now as I so often did for you.

TOD
Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Thanks Lenina..I did have a good deep sleep, shortly after my last
post...lazy bum that I am.That was interesting regarding sub lingual
medication, I didn't know that it was attainable other than for a
heart med.

The walk in the snow helped although it wasn't deep
I do tend to have on a lot of clothing. I was rather surprised when
you said you hardly had a coat..Coats are a fashion statement here
as we don't give a hoot as to the understuff as much as the outer
stuff. It is a big business. I sadly do have fur coats as well...this
was prior to having conscientiousness..I lived in Toronto Ontario in
the 70's and did get caught up in fashion. They are stored with love
as so many little critters gave me warmth..frankly I should do something
with them yet do not want to encourage the practice since I realized
the sacrifice. Any suggestions?

Amy .. warm thoughts to you as I know you have a great love for your
aunt..I hope that I can be her to my nephews...she is an inspiration.
Poor Dad is getting along in age..he does remarkably well for his age,
I know the codie stuff doesn't help with him and sm..yet one day it will
be just them and perhaps dysfunctional they may come to a good point
in life once they have time together to understand it. Your knowledge
has taken you to another level..it is so easy to see it now..they are really
children .. your example may sink in, my parents finally came to a point
in their retirement that their children weren't children in mind and our
expertise and knowledge had significance and merit to help them manage
and be independent in their lives. It is a patience thing.

Chicory you asked me awhile ago if we have steady snow..I'm trying to
remember to answer questions to those that ask. We have Chinooks
here in the winter and summer. We may have snow up to our elbows
and the next week it will melt and it is gone. The winds from the mountains
can be warm at times and the young ones will ski in shorts! It is dependent
on what can pass over the mountains at times. It is a fairly steady cold
for the winter..it is a treat to get a Chinook and then back to snow land.

Tpa..good idea from Lenina about the oxygen for the plane trip..yes!

Jay....give it your best today..

My Pea soup was so good..I let hubby finish it off..that's a nice feature
of two cooks..if one is down and out..the other just takes over..

If I missed answering anyone..just let me know..

lauren
Old 11-12-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - That is lovely, thank you

((Lauren)) - Glad you and Miley got out for a walk - I know she's happy!

I'm running a little late, but am heading to the sr. center. Dad has a trip to NY, I'm going with him but we won't leave until this afternoon. He's worried about money for the diesel, and I'm hoping he's not seriously heading out on a trip without knowing we have money to get home?! I think he's supposed to get a check today.

Either way, it's up in one of the areas that Sandy hit, but looks like they didn't have as much damage from what I read. I am taking the camera, anyway. Will be back home tomorrow night some time.

Still cranky, but going on 5 days without cigs again and I really DO want to make this the last time.

Oh, Mots has taken over the little box for Elvis but he doesn't quite fit...what IS it with these cats, climbing into things that they don't fit and trying to look nonchalant as they have body parts hanging out the side?

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Have a good trip Amy..cranky is ok..you are doing something that
takes a lot of willpower.

Yep..Miley is a happy girl..like your furries..they look like they are not
lacking a thing!

I just wanted to add...it may seem that I'm always in the defence
of your dad and sm actions..not so dear girl..I just want you to know how hard it
is for them to change..it may never happen..my parents have placed
me in many positions of impossible moments. Once you are gone..well
this is where they face their own demons. I am sending healing thoughts
for you in all that you are trying to accomplish..and may your dreams come
true.

Be careful on your trip..

lauren
Old 11-12-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Smile

Monday morning 10:15 a.m. here in CA:

I had a pleasant weekend at the coast. There are so many posts, I am scanning them quickly, but will have to go read them again once I get this house in some order. Weather is clear here, didn't get any rain from front that passed last weekend. We need rain and snow in the mountains here as we suffer from water shortages. So, we try to conserve or pay a hefty price if we use over a certain amount.

Amy: good for you, 5 days off the smokes. My spouse quit often in the past, this time he has stayed off them for quite a while. But, it took him a few tries and was very difficult. My thoughts are with you...

Lauren: Now I'm thinking about making a pot of pea soup, yum...

Lenina: I can just see the possum METV is entertaining...sometimes a little goofy though, just like me!

Chicory: ((Hugs)) have a good Monday...

Jay: Hang in there, kind thoughts flying your way...

I just love all the pictures of the fur babies, everyone have a wonderful day...
Bloss
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hope you have a safe trip ((Amy)).

I skipped my class today, and now I feel stupid for doing so. I just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed this morning. Drifted in and out of sleep all damn night. I am so tired. Now I have to go to therapy which I have no interest in doing...then work. Time to be a productive citizen...no matter how much of a waste of space I feel like right now. Sorry to be such a downer.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Perk up .. this is a good day..you are sleeping ....perhaps not
as much as you should..yet it is resting the mind and body.

Have a good session..she is your life line for now..give her a rose
some day..she will be very surprised and thankful...or take some
dog cookies..

I didn't mean to give advice..you didn't ask for any..oh well
it was said with good intentions and affection.

My best Jay

lauren
Old 11-12-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

((Jay)) - you are NOT a wasted space.

((Bloss)) - Glad you got some good time at the ocean.

((Lauren)) - I've never thought you were on the defense of dad/sm

So, dad is borrowing $200 from my BIL so we won't run out of gas. Forgot mail doesn't run today, hopefully he'll get a check tomorrow.

One of the ladies that works at the sr. center asked if I would help her clean out her garage another stuff if she pays me - oh YEAH! She has a bunch of stuff she wants to put in a storage bin until she can have a yard sale. She said she will also probably pay me to help do stuff at her mom's job - YAY!!

Busy day, today, as Veterans got a free dessert Dad picked up the freight, early, I've got his gas card (though didn't put any gas in my car..not quite on empty) so will meet him at the gas station. Then we'll come back to the house and leave from here.

I'm actually looking forward to it. Though his driving makes me nuts, I'm glad to be able to get out of the house for a bit.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Jay, you're not a downer, and you certainly aren't a waste of skin or space. Perhaps it's just the blues, that something that affects us all from time to time and was turned into a musical art form. Though you didn't ask, I recommend you just coast, go with the flow, amble along as life leads you for the moment.

Hope you had a decent session with your therapist. You know, just for giggles, so to speak, whenever you don't want to answer one of her questions, just go "woof."

Had a good visit with my pain doc. He assured me he wouldn't allow me to hurt in Anzio. Then we had to come up with a schedule in keeping with DEA regs, as he's not allowed to write a five week script. So we split the time, he says a notation in my file "Out of the country" will satisfy those nosy agents . He was impressed that I'm actually doing things, he says so many of his patients just sit in their houses and do nothing. I told him I was going to do as much as I could for as long as I could. And he complimented my appearance - one of my new sweaters and pair of jeans - and commented that some of his patients smell so badly and look like slobs, and that it's all he can do to maintain his professional demeanor with the smelly ones. I suspect he'd seen one of them right before me, and my lavender scented self was a relief to his nose. Don't get the wrong idea about him, he's extremely professional, but at the same time, like does attract like, in the sense that I'm educated and articulate and interested in life, plus our Anzio connection, which means we sometimes wander into the personal side of our lives during my appointments. But make no mistake, if I violate the contract, much as he may like me as a person, I'm history. Since I will never do that, it's moot, but he's one strict doctor. He has to be, given the situation in my area with prescription drug abuse.

Wish some of Lauren's soup would materialize on my stove...where's Samantha when you need her?

Love to all, and be safe, Amy,
TPAromatic from these lovely French soaps
Old 11-12-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hmm. lavender...lovely..the smell..I do grow a little time to time for the scent
in my greenhouse..once I dried the flowers for tiny sachets to place
in my underwear drawer. You reminded of a southern belle when you
mentioned it. In the next province over from us they have fields and
fields of it.. it is like magic, the colour that is, it is mostly used for scents
from what I have read. I just like it for what it is.

Your doctor is a gem, and I'm very happy to know that you aren't a little
stinker lady..actually a breath of fresh air is how you come across to me.

I must drive you crazy with all my dots and dashes when I type,somehow
I speak like that as well. I always pause and people love to fill in my blanks.

As for soup .. absolutely nothing would give me greater pleasure than
to make it for you. Were we neighbours you would have something almost
every day. I always hear about Virginia Ham, and one day will get my paws
on one and make the most incredible crepes, soups, cheesy ham/ muffins and
anything else I could whip up. To me meat is the leftovers and how to do
things with it.

Yes do live each day well..take your moments and be your best when you
can.

My best..

lauren
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

((((jay)))) You most certainly aren't a waste of space. You are a space in my heart and I think everyone else here feels the same way. Do see about getting some extra Vitamin D and the B's in your body, OK? this time of year with the longer darkness can trigger something called SAD (seasonal affective disorder) so maybe if you can't get outside into natural light, a light box might help. Ask your therapist. Please?

((((TPA)))). glad you're so excited and up for your trip! You sound so upbeat and engaged! I hope you'll find some Internet connection and can update us. If your hotel or.B & B doesn't have wifi, see about the Internet cafes which are pretty easy to find. And some cafes do have Internet but not as much as here in the States.

(((bloss)))) it has been nice weather the last few days. Pretty cold at night here. I'm sticking close to home. Last night I got another cabinet cleaned out. I hope I get enough energy to tackle the hall closet.

((((chicory)))). What's up with you, honey? You getting ready for the holiday? We are joining friends where everyone is briniging certain items per the hostess request. she sent us the guest list and it will be fun. I think I'll be the only one in yoga pants! I do have a festive autumn leaf pin for my hat and a turkey pin for my collar. hey, I was sorting through my jewelry, I have a pin I just love that's a metal bug with a big green glass body I just love. But the pin part is broken off. Is this something I might be able to fix myself or should I see about a jeweler? it's just a costume bit, but I'd like to wear it again.

((((Amy))) Hope you're safe on the road and have a peaceful trip. Keep us up on your progress.

I'm thinking I'd love some pumpkin pie but will restrain myself. I have some good baked squash recipes. maybe I should hike down to the Whole Foods and get some squash. I don't usually shop at Whole Foods for political reasons but I don't think I'm up to walking much further.

(((((all the hen Housers)))))). Much love from LeninaB
Old 11-12-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Lenina if you have a craft store near by, take it with you
and they have all the bits like the pin parts and glue and
may either help you do it or make suggestions.

The party sounds like a good time. Squash is the best..

lauren
Old 11-12-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

(((Lauren)))- that sounds pretty nice, to have alternating weather. i sometimes wish we could ahve a week of hot and then a week of cold. then we could nt really gripe as much!
I love pea soup with soda crackers.....mmmm.

(((amy))) good going on the five days sans smoking! Have a safe trip, and be sure to gas up where ever you can. I am quite ignorant of where they are having gas shortages, but it would be rather inconvenient to have to search for it, for your trip back.
Your kitties make me laugh

Hi (((bloss))), (((Hugs))) back at you!
I have never made real pea soup, but i bet it is delicious.

(((Jay))) give yourself a break sweetie. you need all the rest you can get, I would imagine. I am sorry you are so tired. I hope therapy went well. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, as you are doing, and soon, you will find things much better again. we are here for you, down or up.. always.

(((tparomatic)))this trip is good medicine for you.. you sound so excited, and happy. I am sure you are relieved that you got the meds figured out, and your doctor is taking such good care of you.
lavendar soaps, mmm, french at that! I love anything french

((Joe))) hope you are feeling better. miss ya.

I am trying to take better care of myself. I suffer from GERD, and take meds for it. I want to be able to get off of the omeprazole. so, i am making some changes. I am cutting back on my coffee.. that's right, only about three cups a day. instead of IV caffienne . also, eating more often, less at a time. nothing an hour or more before bed. no junk. no chocolate, or ice cream. I am experimenting with my aloe plant, and will need another one soon. it is supposed to be very good for your stomach, and possibly joint health.

so my life is boring. and I dont feel like myself.. having more trouble sleeping too. for some reason. less coffee but less sleep???

hugs
chicory
Old 11-12-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

((((Lauren)))). I may just hike out and get some squash. I used to know a place that squash soup. yummy. they used to have carrot soup too, topped with crushed cashews.

Thanks for the suggestion about the pin! I hadnt thought about that! we have a big Michaels Craft Store near us. Too far for me to walk though just now. But maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to put my feet up a bit but I'll be around for a few hours!

Much love to you!

LeninaB
Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Lenina: feels cold to me too...but I get cold when temps. get below sixities, and it's been into the 40's at night. pumpkin pie or any pie sounds good to me!

Chicory: I love coffee, but I suffer from heartburn often...especially when I eat alot...which is often...I guess not supposed to eat too close to bedtime and the regular coffee will disrupt my sleep if I have it too late. Then there are the pets, thats another story. I have heard aloe helps, but I haven't tried it. Is it helping? Take care and hope you sleep well tonight

Lauren: I have some lavender by the front door, it is so pretty and the smell is divine

TPA: your trip sounds so interesting and I really enjoy the info you share in your posts

Amy: Enjoy the trip with your dad, sometimes hitting the road is good for us, clears the cobwebs

Jay: You're not a downer, everyone here sends out energy in one form or another and is helpful to the each other

Sleep well HH
Bloss