Notices

Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 36

Old 11-05-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - Love the Lucy pose I also wish ((TB)) would check in. I knew where he lived was in a danger area from the storm, so prayers continue that he is okay and will check in, eventually.

((lauren)) - botox for Christmas? Wow! I love catty remarks...I say "meow" when I make one

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Evening/Night all

Usual day, going to look over voting materials. My boy cat, Blackwell is giving me a big cat cuddle and purring.

Amy: I have a list, but no checks on it...Ha Ha

Chicory: thank you for posting the recipes, they sound so yummy! Your description of the cookies was really wonderful.

TOD: Lucy is a sweetheart.

Night all
Bloss
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thank You Bloss! We think so too. There are lots of pictures on my Profile page of things around here. The Chinese Silkies live in crates in our house. They are our loveable special pets. We get the plus benefits from them too. Fresh eggs, bug eaters, self fertilizers as well. LOL They are little miniature lawn mowers. We also call them - little people in feather suits.

BTW to everyone else. Jethro just couldn't help himself! We now have plastic up around two of the tomato plants outside. And we have 5 small plants in five gallon buckets in the boys bedroom in front of the window. Got them from my mom Sunday. They were growing in a flower pot. She said it was from the water she poured into the pot that was left over from washing her tomatos. Good Grief!

TOD
Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

chicory..since you posted the Mother Earth Magazine..I haven't stopped
reading articles from herbs to how to make an outside stove for baking
grilling smoking meat, etc. What a fun magazine..it is almost as if it was talking to me and hubby as he does most of these things ..or trys
anyway.

He made baked beans yesterday..with the pinto beans rather than the
navy or white ones..they were so good..we had them for breakfast with
homemade bread..Mom use to make them and they were like dried little
bullets as she did an overnight cook on them..well move over Mom these
are the best..She would give us a small bowl before school..then we had
to ride the school bus for an hour..geez..I wonder if she snickered all
day thinking of the results of giving all her children beans before school.
Her motto was as long as you have something to stick to your ribs you
are lucky children..then tell us the story of how children in China were
starving...so be thankful. I am thankful! I don't have to eat her beans
any longer!

have a good day everyone..

lauren
Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Just woke up, it's snowing outside
Old 11-06-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Wow..I think you and I are some of few that like Snow!

I wonder how Sasha would react to snow on her little paws?
She is probably content to just watch it and wonder...

lauren
Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

((Lauren)) - I DID think of you and hubby when I saw the link ((Chicory)) posted The beans sound good, but I had to laugh at your mom feeding them to you for breakfast before the bus ride.

((Jay)) - Dang, you and ((Lauren)) get snow, it is POURING down rain, here! Even Patches isn't whining to go outside.

They called me to work at the sr. center, so am about ready to go down there. I don't know that it's going to be very busy, with the rain, but they wouldn't have called me if they didn't need me. One of the new volunteers is a manager at Target's, though the one she works at is on the other side of town. I figure if the job doesn't work out (which I have faith it WILL), she may be able to help me get a seasonal job. Always a good thing to have "plan B" in place, right?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning everyone:

Lauren: Beans on the bus, oh my! My mom was from Georgia and used to make those kind of pintos, had to cook for hours on the stove. She'd put in some seasoning and garlic cloves, then serve it broth and all over homemade cornbread in a bowl. It was so good, never had it for breakfast. She was big on breakfast though, biscuits and gravy, cream of wheat, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, the list goes on. I always preferred small breakfast.

Amy: don't get wet driving to the SR center, send rain west!

Jay: Snow, sounds fun, but I've never had to drive in it.

TOD: I'm going to check out your profile, see the photos...

Bloss still has to vote, so guess I'll go brave the lines

Take care..
Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

((Bloss)) - dad LOVES pinto beans and cornbread! It stopped raining, but the rain may come back. We had reached our "high" temp of the day by 10a.m.

It was slow at the sr. center. I was trying to figure out how it got to be 3pm by the time I got home, then remembered I haven't changed the clock in my car

So ready to get the mock interview out of the way, tonight. Then will take a short test with one of my buddies.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Bloss..my mom has a wicked sense of humour also she was feeding
7 people every meal. She was a young mom and her time was keeping
you fed and clean. My Sister and I mostly wore starched dresses that
were so stiff you ended up having good posture due to the clothing.
Finally she relented and let me wear boys jeans as a dress would last
less than an hour..my sister however was very prim and proper.

Your mom knew the value of a good start to the day. Usually I eat light
as well..some days I'm famished..

Amy..not many weeks left..I do hope they hurry up with letting you know
about the job...

Jay .. enjoying the snow?

Miley had her toenails done today...now she isn't sliding and slipping,
she was happy as we took her to her old foster parent..who happily
has now opened a day care for dogs..she has 8 dogs of her own!!
She babysits her when we go away..she has to be up before 6am
as they are 6-6..and Miley tags along.

I also was going to get my toes done and the car wouldn't start..so
had to wait for AMA/CAA to come and give me a boost..boy that
throws off your day..Haircut on Thursday..at least 6inches are
coming off .. I have a picture as Chic. suggested .. we will see!

Everyone doing the living life thing.?

Lenina..are you out and about?

lauren
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

It's been snowing all day here but none of it actually stuck, but I've enjoyed it anyway. Been about the only enjoyable part of my day... I am having a rough one... Saw my psych today before one of my classes that I had a test in, had a really vivid flashback and while she was able to ground me, I was so shaken up and ended up needing to sit in my car for a while before I felt okay enough to drive... I missed my test and now I have to figure out what I'm going to tell my teacher to see if I can make it up. I need a doctor's note to say that I was sick...I didn't think I would miss my test so I didn't ask my psych for any sort of note. I don't really feel like telling my teacher that I'm crazy so I don't know what I'm going to do yet...
Old 11-06-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Can you give her a call right away and tell her your experience
so it will take some pressure off.

lauren
Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I need to process this, so maybe writing it out will help me. I doubt it, but maybe. You all can ignore my rantings, I just need to get it out.

I have been having nightmares lately, horrific, awful flashback nightmares. I was telling her this, and she asked me what happened in them. I hesitated, she pressed, "Were they about Dick? Your dad? Mom? I can take anything you want to tell me." Thinking about it now, that was perfect for her to say, she knows me so well...she knows that I don't like sharing the details with people cause I'm afraid they won't be able to handle it, so I keep it to myself...she is crafty. So I started to tell her...avoiding all eye contact possible. I was having a hard time keeping from being drawn into the flashback and ultimately, I failed. The voices and shouting and screaming were so loud, I could hear what she was saying to me but I couldn't respond, I was stuck there. I could feel shooting pain up my arm where Dick had broken it, I was watching it all happen again. I remember being very still, when usually I am fidgety. I could feel panic beginning to rise in me, my breathing getting faster, and I remember her saying something, then calling my name sternly, loudly almost, I think because I wasn't responding to her. I remember her asking me "Where are you going?" I couldn't respond. She moved to the edge of her seat to get closer to me, she was too close and I wanted to tell her to back up but I couldn't, I didn't know how to get the words out. Instead I just pulled away as much as I could. She asked me what I was feeling, all I could stammer out was "Fear." I think she told me things like "You are safe. You are in my office. I am not going to hurt you. I am staying right here," stuff like that. It's a little fuzzy. I remember it passing a little bit and she told me to look at it her, and I did for a fleeting moment and then returned my gaze to the floor. She continued to talk until the question landed on, "Are you still feeling scared?" I remember whispering "Yes" cause I was still back in that place and I remember telling her "I can't be here right now." She said, "Where? In my office?" I took a breath and said, "In my head." She said, "Okay, come back to me then. Come back here." She asked me how old I was, what year it was, and to describe things I see in her office. This seemed to help, and after trying so hard to focus on these things I finally came out of it... we then talked about the rest of my day ahead instead of talking anymore in depth about things which I was thankful for.

I need to learn to re-focus my attention which is so hard for me to do when I get wrapped up in it. These flashbacks cause me so much fear... she has started to do mindfulness with me but I'm finding it really difficult because my mind just goes a mile a minute. Not a good day .

((Lauren)) - I will shoot her an email, I think. I will work it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you sent an email...let it progress from there
and make yourself some tea, raspberry right..and just sit
with it for awhile.

lauren
Old 11-06-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

((((Lauren)))) I'm home. I'm not feeling the best. Very frustrated with the doctors. I guess it's getting the meds right/balanced takes time. I'll be OK.

((((JayBird))). Keeping you in my heart. Lauren had a great idea about getting a note and I'm sure your therapist will have no problem. It doesn't need to be detailed, just that you were in her care.

((((hens and roosters)))). Love and hugs to you all.

((((chicory )))). Did you finish Tailchaser's Song yet? I loved that book. I'm anxious to try that cherry walnut cookie recipe.

I'm going to lay down. I seriously need to get up and get dressed and get to the polling station. We have a lot of stuff to vote on here. Some major stuff in my city going up so we need to make sure to get our voices heard.

Much love to my peeps. ((((TB)))). hope all is well.

leninaB
Old 11-06-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Afternoon all,

I got my voting done, not too bad of a line. I went earlier this time, in 2008, I voted late and the line was really long.

Lenina: Hope you feel better and get to vote, there were lots of propositions and measures On my CA ballot.

Jay: positive, safe thoughts going out to you. I hope mindful meditation helps calm and slow down the whirling thoughts, take care of yourself.

Lauren: I'm glad you got to wear the comfy jeans, that would have been my choice too.

Amy: your dad has good taste! Hope your mock interview and practice test goes well.

Have a good evening/night HH
Bloss
Old 11-06-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Jay when you were enjoying the snow was there anything
in particular that made you feel peaceful? I know for myself
just the falling of it gives me a sense of comfort..it is like a
what do you call them..bubble things that the snow falls and
it is a lovely little village.

How about Sasha..did she get to dip her toes in it at all..

lauren
Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

((Jay)) - Sorry you've had a rough day. I can't imagine how hard all this is, but I'm very proud that you keep going and *I* think you're making progress. I hope that she can work with you, to a point, to make the flashbacks go away! Good job on e-mailing your instructor

((Bloss)) - Glad there wasn't a long line,

((Lenina)) - I'll be glad when they get YOUR medical issues straightened out, too!

((Lauren)) - Wow, your mom had her hands full! While bratkins and I were watching extreme couponing, there was a mom of 7 on there, got something like $2000+ in groceries for $50, including a LOT that she donates to animal shelters (like 200 boxes of food), shelters, food banks. Pretty cool, but I don't have the patience to do what she did.

Got my mock interview out of the way. My instructor was tickled that I'd sailed through the REAL interviews, said my resume looked "very good, very professional" - thank you ((cangel!)). She said I'm comfortable answering questions and selling myself? Wow, I never thought I'd be able to pull THAT off, as I'm NOT so sure of stuff.

Waiting on my other class buddy to e-mail me, as we are going to take a test.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-06-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

((((bloss))) I'll get to the polling station if I have to crawl! I've never missed a major vote yet!

speaking of, I've got to get dressed. nothing fits, clothes are just hurting me. I'll be yoga pants and Teeshirt as I am mostly these days.

I don't think cats like snow. LOL. gosh, we don't get much snow here. I remember a few snowy, sleeting days here but not to often.

OK, I've got to get Hubster off Twitter and get us both out the door. it's very close so we can walk.

Love to all!

leninaB
Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I didn't know cats didn't like snow..how come..what the heck is
wrong with snow on furry paws..lol...ok .. I thought all furry
ones liked to do the snow thing like a dog..I thought it would
be a fun experience..just shows what I know about cats!

Be well Lenina..

lauren