Notices

Hen House Talk -All Are Welcome-Part 35

Old 10-26-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

((Jay)) - If she didn't get the message, I'd continue to do the same until she gets it. It's kinda like setting a boundary - there are things you don't want to talk to and owe no one an explanation. Seems like your friend, B, has respected this and maybe this girl will, too?

My sleeping habits are totally wacky. It's now gotten cooler and I'm sleepy. Going to lay down and read a bit. If it's a "false alarm" and sleep doesn't come, I'll be back. If not, I'll be back tomorrow, in between a whole lotta school work

Love you all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hope you get some sleep ((Amy)).
Old 10-26-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Really bad day
Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

((((joe)))). Whats going on? care to share with us?

I'm back. Getting Hubert ready for his trip tomorrow. Hes a good traveler but I worry for him. LOL I know how the games are played and what cooks. So, I'll be trying to micromanage until he gets back home.

(((JayBird))). if this lady asks you questions you don't care to answer, just politely tell her "That's not something I care to discuss." If she persists, Just tell her, I don't care to discuss it. please let it be." Not all people have good social skills for whatever reasons.

(((Amy)). Hope You're sleeping peacefully. That chemist called me back! She found some melatonin without the magnesium and is holding it for me to pick up tomorrow! we'll see if that works with less problem for me. And I do need to figure something out for these migraines. The visual disturbance is messing with me.

OK, more drama at the Casa. BBL

much love!

Lenina
Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Jason - my first reaction, my "gut instincr", is to avoid her, but then, you know how I feel about prying. Being me, if someone kept on pushing after the clear signals you sent to back off, I'd say something along the lines of "What is it with you? Do you want the intimate details of my near murder experience?" or something equally "shocking" and blunt and clear that I don't want to go there, and why is she asking? I do not trust people who pry, and I do not much care for people who are rude but call themselves "Blunt." To me they are the same thing.

Additionally, women have, or some women, a thing for "wounded boys." They want to "Fix" them, to heal them, etc. She may be one of those, but she definitely isn't very bright in her approach. Just follow your own gut here, if you're getting bad vibes, listen to yourself.

I hope Dick takes the plea. Remember, he knows how to push your buttons, to keep you upended, and he'll pull every trick in the book to keep you unsettled. Please don't give him the satisfaction.

Now, finger dip? The visual, at this hour, got me, lol.

I'm still too tired and sleepy to be coherent, but I'm about to watch the weather channel and hope Sandy goes trick or treating much farther north. At first glance, it looks like I got out just in time, my hometown looks to be getting a pounding from the spiral bands of rain and wind, and it's not even that close to NC.

Hazel has some horrid rash and her hair is disappearing on one leg....time to see the vet.

Claire has not left my side.

Later, good people, TPA
Old 10-27-2012, 01:19 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Jay your words to her were appropriate. Your instinct took the right
approach and you said it clearly in a few words that you weren't going
to engage. She wasn't listening. I like how you walked away and agreed
with her with one simple word. Well done!

Trusting ourselves takes some a life time..I think you have mastered this
very well for one so young.

lauren
Old 10-27-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

you are so right (((Lauren))).
I have been long in learning to uphold boundaries that I am comfortable with. i can now stop myself from offering information that I do not want to give out. It was hard for me, because I want to be liked, and hate to say 'no' to people.
now that I am an oldster, it is easier.
you are right. (((Jay))) is wise for a young man, and has good boundaries.

hope all are safe. as (((Leninathelovely))) says, please check in, even with hitting the thanks buttons.
(((tpa))) thanks lovie, for update on ((Hazel))) perhaps she is having a reaction to meds. or arthritis causing pain, causing her to lick at painful area? causing rash, and loss of hair, my cat tom did that. pulling at hair on back leg, vet thought it was probably reaction to arthritis pain there. love to her. and you, and glad you are safe at home.

love to all.
chic
Old 10-27-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hubs is at the airport, boarding pass, cleared "security" and is chlling with a coffee. I gave him chocolates for the agents and the crew. Early Saturday morning is the way to go this time of year, I think. No lines, easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Im going back to bed a while.

((((hennies and roosters)))))

Much love!

Lenina
Old 10-27-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Joe)) - What's going on buddy?

You all are right... I will go with my gut on this one.

I hope Hazel doesn't have mange or something ((TPA)). Good idea on the vet.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

((Joe)) - What's going on, sweetie?

((TPA)) - glad you're getting sweet Hazel to the vet and hope it's nothing serious.

((Jay)) - I'm really glad you came here and talked about the girl. First of all, because there was a time you would have kept it in, but secondly because I like seeing how different people respond and it makes me think.

((Chicory)) ((Lauren))

((Lenina)) - Are you STILL having the headaches, even with the new glasses? My classmate buddy that has had cluster migraines for 2 weeks went to his chiro, got an adjustment and headache is GONE. However, he now has pain that starts in his mid back and shoots into his arm and, like me, has a LOT of school work to do. He's got some major musculoskeletal things going on so I feel bad for him.

I was set to start reading for the humanities class. Decided to log in and see if we'd gotten anything new from the teachers. The humanities teacher is choosing "outstanding blogs" to highlight each week, and mine was on there this week! I read the others, one was of a house in the town I used to live (and use) in - drove past it all the time, but had not idea of the history.

Makes reading the two chapters and answering the study guide questions a bit easier to take

Our weather has turned cooler. I went from shorts/tank top to flannel pants and a sweatshirt. It's going to be near freezing for a few nights, but that's just fine. Apparently I DO sleep better when it's cool.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-27-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

TPA, glad to see that you made it home safely, the pups sound like
they missed having you daily, they do worry, I believe this as my
girl loses quite a bit of weight when we are gone. Perhaps Hazel was
licking due to missing you.

I had an interesting experience last night, a lady came to the door, she was
signing and had a card and also an alphabet card with her. Basically she was
not a charity and was quite open about that, the money she collected helped
her stay in her apartment with two children. I would say around mid 40's, very
charming..I know that scams are going around everywhere, yet it had a good
feeling so I donated a little to her. She was enthralled with Miley which was
neat as Miley knows 4 signs as well. I told her through my limited way to watch
and Miley did her little routine of obeying through sign language..She laughed very heartily without sound, anyway was I scammed..not sure..a few dollars made her
happy and she kept looking back at the dog and smiling..laughing. Oh well...
She was happy, the dog was happy..and it felt alright.

Life is always interesting.

lauren
Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I have to share with you all some early morning shenanigans involving a little black cat. I woke up this morning and Sasha was not sleeping nearby like usual. I got up and walked out of my room and saw her paws sticking out from under the couch. There is that lower flap on the couch that conceals her so all I could see was her paws. I decided to play with her a bit, so I snuck up to her (okay, it's impossible to sneak up on a cat but you know what I mean!) and put my hands on her paws. She pulled them away quickly and batted my hands until she just pulled her paws entirely under the couch. I ran my fingers underneath the flap and she grabbed a few and bit me! Apparently under the couch is her spot and her spot only, haha. I played with her a little more then I went to go take a shower and get dressed and all that. After I was done I walked down the short hallway which opens up into my kitchen and as soon as I walk into the kitchen, from above, she comes flying onto my head! I don't let her on the counters/table (but who am I kidding, cats do whatever they want when you're not looking) but she must have jumped on the counter, jumped onto this little shelf on the wall, then onto the top of the fridge, then onto some cabinets (I don't know how else she could have gotten up there) cause I sure didn't see her coming. You know how surprising it is to be ambushed by a flying kitten?? She got me good... I think I'm just going to call her "Attack Kitten" from now on.

((Lauren)) - It's cool that Miley knows legit signs. I taught my dogs hand signals but I don't think they're real sign language... I hope you didn't get scammed and that the lady truly needs some money. Nobody can blame you for trying to do a nice thing, and if you're okay with it, then that's all that matters!

I was thinking about getting another gecko as I have Darby's empty tank sitting around and I want to fill it with something... I have empty tank syndrome, as herp hobbyists call it. I don't claim to be a herp hobbyist but I did like having Darby...he was fun to watch.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

(((joe))) I hope you and yours are ok. please let us know you are alright, or if you need anything, a shoulder, or 12. (shoulders). prayers that everything is getting better for you. we have missed you here.

(((amy)))that is awesome on the teacher spotlighting your work! must have made you feel quite satisfied about all the studying you do. how is bratkinmama? it is getting pretty chilly here too. I had bought some mums this week after we marked them down at work. i planted two early this week, in a tshirt. today i had to go out in hoodie in the rain to plant the last two...ugh. they are rusty orange ones. the sun is shining now

(Lauren))), you are a kind woman, and I hope this lady gets her life on track, somehow. there are many who are in a desperate situation. some scammers too, but we just have to do what our heart says. I am sure miley did not mind a bit, entertaining and getting attention from her.. that is cute. my sister had two siberian huskies and they were taught some signs. they were so pretty and smart.

(((jay)))hilarious! Sasha must have quiet a sense of humor, or a great sense of how to get revenge! Getting even, that is pretty smart ..lol.

I think it would be really neat to have a gecko. no sense having an empty tank, when there are gecko's waiting for some cool dude to come and take them home.

(((Lenina)))are you gonna have a girls night now? just doing whatever you want, and no having to fix dinner, and just read, or music, or whatever. It seems that you have a pretty awesome relaxed home/marriage anyway. but if you wanna put on music and dance around , dressed like a gypsy, no one will be the wiser.

that was my favorite Halloween costume, a gypsy. Back in the day, my mom wore those full skirts , gathered ones, you might have seen them. she would put one of those on me, tie the waist up, or pin. then i got to wear some awesome hoopy earrings, and red lipstick. probably a necklace. i was sure back then that I looked so lovely that Zorro would fall in love with me on sight! ha!
oh, yeah, the scarf over my hair, and around and tied under in the back.. just like gypsies...

my grandma used to tell us that if we went near the road(we lived out in country with her sometimes, and her house was on a hill. long drive down to road)anyway, she used to tell us that gypsies would get us....I always expected to see a wagon being drawn by a horse, with musical people hanging off it. never did, tho.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

((Chicory)) - My g'ma (mom's mom) used to threaten to send me "to the Indians" - I had visions of Indians running down the road to get me! She did say it, jokingly..sometimes, like "what am I going to do with you..just send you to the Indians". I dressed up as a gypsy once, a gazillion years ago.

((Lauren)) - That is awesome. I've learned that IF I have a few dollars and IF my gut is calm then I help out people when I can. That is so cool that Miley knows signs. I just read an article about a dog that knows 40 signs, is still learning and has greatly enriched the life of a deaf-mute person.

((Jay)) - I just had to laugh about Sasha. ((Fandy)) calls the "from above attack" dive-bombing Her cat Ozzy likes to dive-bomb her pom, Sammy who she thinks is a cat? Trust me, they can get wherever they want to go. Elvis has scared the hell out of me, jumping off the top of the fridge in the laundry room. I don't know if he assumes/trusts me that I will catch him, or he just plans on digging in the claws and hanging on.

It finally got sunny here, all the cats are outside. I would actually have the sliding glass door open, but sm has the heat on. I'm back to my tank top, for now.

Got one short test out of the way, about to take another that is an hour long and THEN will start reading the humanities book.

Yes, it was cool to see my blog on the list and her comments. Unfortunately, the next one is on a book..the ones that are about 600 pages long, so I will be checking out Cliff Notes

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-27-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I think I'm going to cook something. Empanadas sound good right now. I need to go get some pork, black beans, avocados, cheese, salsa, and dough... Mouth is watering already. It is not often that I am in a serious cooking mood but I just want some hot food today...I mean I cook for myself, but it's always easy stuff that doesn't take much effort. I guess I just want something more today.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

That sounds really good. anything with black beans, salsa, and avocado is exciting to me. will have to look up empanadas...

I am ready for my overnight guest.. Jackson! yay. first time to stay overnight with me. he is excited, tho he does not understand much yet(three years old), he knows about his favorite show and the episode about sleep overs.. he will be here after his nap.

so much for me wanting to get in a nap, i have been too busy getting stuff to have fun crafts with. he has some sensory issues, but nothing major. i hope to get him painting, and stringing beads, and gluing some stuff, macaroni, on a paper. maybe cut the pumpkin, and let him use his construction loader/ digger, whatever it is, he knows, on the pumpkin seeds. he doesn't like sand, but will play in rice . i have some dry beans, so we are gonna have some fun!

i may not be on much today,but will check in this evening. hope you all are having a beautiful day.
love chicory
Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I think Sasha thought you were fair game after the finger playing.
What a rascal, to think out a tactic and wait for you..timing the
moment..that is such a cute story. She has spunk and character.
I had to look up a herp hobbyist, yes a gecko would be good.

Lenina..you sound all cozy today.

Chicory..I remember Zorro, he was very handsome..I could never figure
out why no recognized him without his costume. The voice and moustache
were a dead giveaway in my book..
Now,little Joe on Bonanza was my heart throb, we were allowed to stay up
late Sunday night and have pie and ice cream and watch the show..again I
thought they were all adopted because they looked and acted so different
from each other (the three brothers)..funny the things that you remember.
I had the full cow-girl outfit too!!! Even had the fake gun and holster and I would
practice my speed..Nostalgic moments.

Amy, it took me two days to find my silky ski underwear,I don't ski yet
the underwear is great under my snow pants..that's how chilly it is here.
I'm not sure that I even want to walk today it is frosty/foggy and is
going to snow a little later. Burr..

Have a good one ..

lauren
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

((((Amy))) The glasses are being made, I should have them in a few more days. I'm hoping they will put an end to the headaches, I don't like Imetrex, it makes my heart pound.

(((jay)))). Sasha sounds so fun! The FuzzyB was good for "ninja" attacks but only on poor OG. He got good satisfaction from these attacks and OG would shriek and scream and he could hide again. ohhhh, she hated him! LOL Sasha may enjoy watching a new creature in the tank too.

((((Lauren))) Wow, that was sweet of you. I have a few signs in ASL, I think it would be fun to take a class. I have a feeling Miley is a big hit with anyone who gets to meet her.

(((chicory))). My friend and I agreed to meet tomorrow afternoon as she has stuff. It's always fun to be with her, she's very interesting and always has fun stories and experiences. I love her like a sister and wish we could get together more often but the distance, the bad traffic and our very different schedules make it tough. I have NO idea what to wear, my weight it as an all time high and even my looser tops don't fit so well. I have a some peasant skirts and maybe I can figure something out.

((((joe))). Please do check in, OK?

((((TPA))) I hope the storm isn't going to be bad for you

I'm going to rest a bit and maybe get my chores done. I need to get to the chemist before it closes but that's about it.

Much love my dear friends!

Lenina
Old 10-27-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I had a very bad day yesterday ( dont want to get into it) and to top it off, i fell from 7 feet and landed mostly on my face on a gravel road.
I got a bloody nose and a bit of gravel in my mouth and a few sore parts on my body but i am ok.

Im down but not out
Old 10-27-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

((Joe)) - Sorry for the bad day and OUCH!! I'm glad you are okay, and down but NOT OUT!

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy