# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2012 Part 2

we continue from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2012-a-20.html

D
Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 7!!!!! I am so excited, as I feel like I am in such a different place than I was 7 days ago! I just can't get over it. This weekend was a major hurdle for me, and I did white knuckle a couple of cravings, but with the help of aa meetings I got through it! My longest stint sober, aside from pregnancies, in the last ? Years, after I knew I had a problem, was 28 days. I don't feel the way now that I did then. I did it before to get people off my back. Wow, I feel great and I owe a huge part of that to sr! You guys are great! Let week 2 begin!!!!! Best of luck to everyone who is struggling! You can do this! We can do this!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Good morning, one and all.
Day two is under way.
ok. . .
Old 10-08-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Brilliant, ft.
Lovely to read the joy in your post!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks o! It's an awesome feeling to wake up with no regrets, no head poundings, no alcohol induced incidents. Nothing of the sort. It's pretty cool to wake up in the same spot I remember laying down in! Lol I feel much more confidence and security in knowing who I am today, and it can only get better from here!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Well, it's Canadian Thanksgiving here and no hangover which feels super awesome.

It's weird b/c I have a friend who is crashing with me until she finds her own place, and I find it MUCH easier staying sober with her around. The same thing happened when I was visiting a sober friend in the summer.

It's when I'm alone with my thoughts and loneliness that I find it the hardest to abstain.

Anyway, good day to you all. It's so pretty. I can see the leaves turn outside my windows.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone..this is day 1 for me
Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Spent yesterday watching NFL Sober-Sunday. I log in today and wow!...I had about 50+ posts to read. I will quote them all by saying, "Way to put yourselves out there everyone!!"

Day 7....sleeping better and feeling well. Having experienced soberness for a few months here and there, after day 7, I feel like I haven't had a drink in months.

So, I believe to an extend (for those of us that can't shut it off on 1st try) that once you get those days of sobriety under your belt, one begins to slowly increase the amount of sober days vs. intoxicated days. And the tide begins to turn!

So, for all us, keep trying, dont' quit, and get back on that horse if we fall off.

You're all an inspiration!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day five here- weekends are actually easier for me since it is the weekdays when the cravings hit the hardest. I'm not giving in this week, though! Good luck to everyone else- just go back to page 1 and read the stories of people who've been sober for over a year if you need some inspiration!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I tried really hard but couldnt get an appointment at the doctors, so gunna try again tomorrow morning. Am on late shifts most of the week,

Been given a bottle of wine by a friend at work as shes leaving but dont worry, ill give it my neighbour.

Hope everyone is ok
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 15 congrats to everyone that stayed sober over the weekend, even if you slipped keep trying and posting. You can do it!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hoping this is my month... Will any of them finally be? Fear and pain rule me. So hard to get better.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon View Post
Hoping this is my month... Will any of them finally be? Fear and pain rule me. So hard to get better.
It can be as long as you keep fighting. Stay busy, stay occuppied and most of all stay positive!

Ultimitely, I too am doing this for my 5 year old. He's a very bright boy and I want to see him through school, college and get married, have children and have a successful life. I love him more than I've ever loved anything. Booze and my wife were competing for second...know she is winning hands down. In fact, Booze has been disqualified.

Sorry, got carried away! There is no better motivation than family let alone your children. You can do this SFMS!

Your user name says it all!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me, so far so good. Eating and napping loads but have a week off work so just going with what feels right for me. Feeling really positive and proud today and hopeful that i'll make it through to the end of the month sober! Best of luck to everyone else too, knowing i'm not alone in this is a huge help and motivation
Old 10-08-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Lots of lovely positive posts!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Back to day one...

Stuff happens... Congrats to those that are doing the deal! I got through a pretty good chunk of my RR book and am considering getting back in touch with my AA buddies...

The weekend was a nightmare... Chasing that old familiar buzz that just doesn't seem to come any more no matter how much I drink... I'm really sick and tired of being sick and tired and need to make this work this time...

WB to those that have slipped... Never give up... I have had years of sobriety but when I fall off sometimes it's really hard to get back up...

We all have problems so I know if I use that as an excuse I'll never stop... Thanks Dee for all your support... You are an amazing asset to this site!!!

Have a great sober Monday everyone!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that wifi

welcome laceybug
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 3 and the depression is better than yesterday. My depression was so sever yesterday because of the walk down memory lane I could not get out of my mind. All the ignorant and dishonest things I have done. I accept those things as in the past and not who I am from this point on. I find comfort in thinking about all the people I can help if I share my story with as many people as possible. The risk/ reward is way overloaded on the risk side. What is the reward of being a "normal" drinker? You can go out and drink sometimes? What about that hangover? What about the fact that you are less ambitious about your accomplishments? Etc, etc. what is the risk? You could be an alcoholic. That means you can hurt a lot of people you love before you recover... Praying for foregiveness, you may physically hurt someone before you recover, DUI, Kill someone in a car wreck, never recover and drink your self to death,etc, etc.*
If people would by into that fact the world would be safer and more peaceful.*
I hope and pray that the class of October stays sober and spreads the message of alcoholism to as many people as possible. What would you give to be able to go back before your first drink and have a message spoken to you that inspired you to never drink? That is our responsability IMHO if, by the grace of God, we are foregiven and have the strength to never drink again. After all.... That strength is not our own (or we would not be alcoholic) it is from above. Let's give back and use that as our biggest tool to fight cravings.*
Bless the class of October....
Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Made it to day 9 still feeling week and crappy. Glad to see all the Floyd Fans out there. Just TIVO'd the Australian Pink Floyd concert which shows up on PBS stations when they are heading to your town. I went to there show last time they were here. If you closed your eyes, you'd swear it was the original band. Good luck to all today.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me, Here I go

Newbie here, and I want to make a real change this time.