Notices

Class of October 2012 Part 2

Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Go on with your bad self, falling together!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey o! 2 days is a great start. Yes dee is right. Guilt is useless. It does nothing but cause more anxiety for yourself. Best thing you can do is own up and move on. Don't let ur past mistakes define you today. I'm sure they aren't actions you are proud of, but they brought you to see sobriety for what it's worth, and to me it's all a part of a bigger plan. What's the saying... You can't get the rainbow without the rain........ Yeah, we'll I have created enough thunderstorms, that its my turn to enjoy the rainbow. Today I am a grateful alcoholic. Sounds crazy right?but I am grateful because I was given a chance to seek sobriety and live a free life. Free to get in the car without worry of a DUI, free to go to bed when I want and not pass out, free to live!!!! And not be a prisoner of the wine any longer. It's one day at a time, sometimes minutes or hours, but you can do this!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 1 here. Feeling pretty low after a four-day get-numb bender. It was triggered by feeling depressed and anxious and I still feel depressed and anxious.

It's my thousandth day 1. maybe the last? I'm losing faith in my ability to stay sober longer than a couple of weeks.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 1 is behind me Day 2 is here! I got 7 hours of solid sleep, I usually only get about 5 or 6 and wake up in between. I am surprisingly still tired but I'm sure that's normal. I am not craving anything, but night time is my weakness....good news is that I have something work related to do tonight, and an event at my son's school tomorrow night so hoping these 2 days won't be so bad! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Great to log on to read everyone's efforts at staying sober.
I am on day 9. Feeling good and grateful.

Dutchie those memories will fade the longer you stay sober.

Checking in every day helps me. I am gonna write less and read more. I have found incredibly insightful posts which need to be digested slowly.

Grateful for another day of normalcy and no drama.

Natalie
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I've been stupidly i'll for the last couple of days, not through the intoxication of alcohol though. Well done on the progress folks, sorry to see some of you are finding it tough. I'm just popping to let you know I have been keeping it real, on the down low. Day twelve here. <sniff> <cough> <splutter>
Old 10-09-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome back JaiDee
I've always been like that misterritter....

D
Dee I wonder if Tolle's approach would be of any benefit to you. I know it's not for everyone. Are you familiar with his books?

I had many aha moments while reading him for the first time
years ago and totally credit the relizations and transformations that proceeded those aha moments with my ability to stay sober for over 6 years.

I will never allow those books to collect dust on my night table again. I will also never ever ask or accept a prescription for any kind of drug that lowers my guard and makes sobriety look unimportant.

Natalie
Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day one for me
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congrats to all of you whether it be day 1 or day 10! Reading a lot of really positive posts. Definitely cheers me on.

Hello to all my old friends still hanging in there!! We can do this. As long as we keep trying...I have faith that it will click one day & we'll be able to stick with it. Let's not quit quitting.

Day 2 here. Been under a lot of emotional stress lately, having to do mostly with my son (he's 13). Heart breaking stuff. I have to admit that I've been giving in way too easliy...it's just been too much to handle. But of course, with giving in, comes all the bad stuff that goes hand in hand with that. My priorities have been a bit screwed up lately. Focusing on the things that have been happening has blurred my focus on my sobriety. When it should be just as important...if not more.

I didn't touch a drop yesterday. I don't have much control over the other things going on in my life right now, but I have complete control as to whether or not I drink today. So 'today'...I'm not going to.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe & sober day!
jaz
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi October. Just stopped by from the September group to welcome our new SR member, Black.

Black, I’m glad you found this October group. I’m sure you will find a lot of strength here – but feel free to jump back into our September class at any time to let us know how you are doing!

Keep up the good work guys. I’ve glanced through your posts and you all are a tremendous strength for each other! Nicely done…
Old 10-09-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Im still sober. Feel rough but ill be ok, keep being given alcohol by friends. I didnt realise how much friendship i have thats connected to alcohol, i couldnt say no, in case they asked quesstions, instead ive passed it on
Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I feel like a complete waste. Maybe I really am insane. I'm meeting all of my commitments, and I'm starting to wonder if that is part of my problem. Maybe if I wasn't making it to work, wasn't paying the bills, wasn't making dinners, wasn't reading to my kids, I would see how much havoc alcohol is wreaking over my life. Instead, I have to rely on how I feel about myself to quit doing this. How much self-loathing will it take for me to throw in the towel?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

1 down

1 full day sober. Happy I'm taking controll but scared also.

Xxmel
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day two!!! WooHoo... Glad to get that day one monkey off my back... Sleep was off and on but it's been that way pretty much with the drinking since I fell off the wagon a couple months ago...

Welcome to the new folks... This can be done... For those that are struggling just keep it up and you will find the strength you need if you dig deep enough.

Have a great sober day everyone!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
Hello everyone, I've been stupidly i'll for the last couple of days, not through the intoxication of alcohol though. Well done on the progress folks, sorry to see some of you are finding it tough. I'm just popping to let you know I have been keeping it real, on the down low. Day twelve here. <sniff> <cough> <splutter>
Hope you feel better soon.Good going on day 12!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome sobrietyg4:

I relate to your post. I had what others would term a normal life, definetly not the life of an alcoholic, but when I drove my child and her friends drunk, really drunk, burned many suppers, and read to my child with a boozy breath that she hated, then I had to stop.

Enjoy your blessings, some people here call them 'yets' and count your not so many losses.
Stick around if you wanna quit and read read read. Saturating myself with the wisdom found here prevents me from slipping. The two times I've slipped I really wasn't using the tools that work for me.

I really really really do not want to drink ever again and I know how to do that. I just have to do it and not think it or write it like weasel/ken wrote on a post I read earlier today.

Best wishes on a difficult but amazing journey,

Natalie
Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
See these early days as the heroic days. These are your days. Day 2 is the most heroic

Im on day 2 today of a recovery from a relapse. It never gets better only worse out there. I have alot of shame, guilt, loneliness, confusion. I hope things get better. Im bound and determined to live a worry free successful happy life. Something that has eluded me with my use.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

...officially stating Day one for me...

Over the past few months I have drifted deeper and deeper into the abyss. Last night everything finally caught up with me and all my lies unfolded.

Feeling very scared of the future and incredibly ashamed that this happened yet again. I am trying not to beat myself up too much but it is very difficult. The only thing I can do is not drink/use today. I am almost glad it happened...life is so exhausting living that way.

The consequences of this relapse could be very severe...including losing the love and respect of my fiancé. I am not even sure if I will be able to continue living with her but I do not blame her. This roller coaster ride has lasted nearly seven years.

Sorry for the rant...just had to get that out.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uTFaN View Post
Im on day 2 today of a recovery from a relapse. It never gets better only worse out there. I have alot of shame, guilt, loneliness, confusion. I hope things get better. Im bound and determined to live a worry free successful happy life. Something that has eluded me with my use.
You rock, uTFaN!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good to see you, Fernaceman!