Administrator

Whiners Anonymous Pt 54

Check here for previous whines

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-53-a-20.html

D
Old 03-19-2011, 01:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Wowee am I really the 1st one to post a whine?

Okay its almost 2am and I was either woken up by Princess or my frat boy neighbor who is being creative again by banging the sh** outta something

He and the whole bldg better hope I can go back to sleep soon

See you in the real morning
Old 03-19-2011, 02:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

^^^ gotta love passion, heh ;-)
Old 03-19-2011, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wtg newb!

so queeny, let me get this straight,

king bubba does not glow, only you do?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
so queeny, let me get this straight,

king bubba does not glow, only you do?
My mama used to correct me when I complained of sweating...she would say "Horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glow".

Mama knew best

It's looking like another spring morning here so my whining is at a minimum. Bubba is cranky about some "duties" we need to do today, so there is potential for some late day whines. "Cranky" can grate on me, so the whines may come even sooner.

Whiny Saturday gang! The day we get to whine about not sleeping in.

Last edited by Ann; 03-19-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

RZ, I look very much like Carmela Soprano....except i do not drive an Escalade or mercedes....i got the hair and the nails like every self-respecting Jersey tomato....we are a bit more subdued down in my neck of the woods though(i'm next door to Dr. House)...the further north, the bigger the hair, LOL.

there were 4 perfectly good whines left on the last thread...loose ends.

Ann thanks so much for sharing you nuke knowledge...somehow i feel better hearing this from you, a trusted source.

on to my Saturday whines:

i have again gotten another craptastic night of too little sleep...WTF???? lights out at 11PM, up at 4:55AM....no reason, no animals bothering me...i just popped open my eyes and can't get back to sleep.

drastic times call for drastic measures...and common sense. (in the old days i would have poured myself 3-4 fingers of vodka for *medicinal purposes* and trudged through the day getting completely sloshed by 2PM).

however Sober, SANE Fandy has decided to limit the coffee to 2 cups of high octane this AM and no energy drinks or supplements that rev me up....as soon as it warms up, Sammy and i will do a mile and then some house chores and i can watch a movie this afternoon and maybe doze off...which will make sleeping tonight impossible, so nix that idea....maybe read.

started reading "the Lincoln Lawyer", about 25 pages in, it seems quite good.

back to cold weather(its 46-55 the next 5 days here)...poor little Pookie is sitting at the front kitchen window wondering WHY Mommy won't open for him....the little finches and a blue jay will sit on the big bush about 5 inches away and tease him because the screen is there.

i will be back with additional whines later....
Old 03-19-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up whine free again after a good sleep. Altho I remember two of the dogs waking me up to go potty at four am. Still on cloud nine after yesterday's good news. Looking forward to a good day with little to do.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
part time member

My daughter complained that our house looks like an episode from Hoarders. Had to remind her that SHE is the one who pulled all the stuff out of her room into the living and dining room (hall too) so that we could clean it. I think she has a plan to clean (throw out perfectly good stuff). She mentioned something about my 80's power suits...

She also mentioned that she wants to live in South Carolina..anybody know a good area? Mt Pleasant?

Happy Last FULL Day of Winter!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Morning Whiners and Whinettes!

Miss Ann, my Nana used to use that expression about glowing, too. Now I'm Nana to Mr. HGs grandbebes!

(Hevyn) and (HB) try not to worry about the radiation. I can concur with Ann's information, and you can trust me, I'm a scientist! :rotfxko

Sorry about the sleeplessness, Fandy. I hope that you get a good night's sleep soon!

Cooking and cranky Bubba, not a good combination, Ann. Well, maybe some nice, warm leftovers will improve his mood?

Rusty, I thought the Nanzilla chapter had closed! But glad it ends soon......

Hug all the furbabies for me, least!

LTT, speaking as a current South Carolinian, I would recommend the upstate areas (Greenville, etc.). How does your daughter feel about giant cockroaches?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love my critters...I love my critters...I love my critters...

Today's to do list:
Cleaning out, 1 bunny cage, 1 rat cage, and 1 snake cage. Steam cleaning the mattress the cat enjoyed this week. Buy a rubber mattress cover.

I love my critters...I love my critters...I love my critters...
Old 03-19-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by hugger883 View Post
Today's to do list:
Cleaning out...1 rat cage, and 1 snake cage.

Who has the smelling salts???

Old 03-19-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Craptastic night of restlessness for me, too. After whining about being cold for months, I was too hot. Didn't have the ceiling fan dusted off (shame on me) so didn't want to turn it on.

Fandy - My dogs love the windows open too - but the scent of wildlife gets them all stirred up & they want to go out & 'attack' - and they won't take their naps. Cats are usually more reserved & enjoy just watching.

Newby - Would earplugs work? I bought some really cheap ones when we lived in a condo during the summer one year. Trouble was, I'd worry that I was missing something important, like a fire alarm or phone ringing!

Least - Your babies will go out & come right back in - mine sometimes decide to stay out & lie down, looking at the stars. Usually at 3 or 4am.

Hydrogirl - I spent a year near Parris Island, SC long ago - & was introduced to roaches, but worst of all - one day there was a giant PALMETTO BUG in my sink. I had to get my neighbor to come over & remove it. Bug phobia!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I seem to have gotten my 2nd wind (or first) after thinking that LTT might look at my house and think I should be nominated for Hoarders too.....I specifically put *stuff* away in their proper cabinets and vacuumed up an entire animal from the corners and under the bed....I haven't washed the tile floors yet, but i got up a TON of loose hair and crumbs, dog kibble, cat kibble from the kitchen....what gets me is that I wipe under the cabinets DAILY even with a wet paper towel to keep stuff from accumulating!!! this is in addition to vacuuming around the litter box almost every 48 hours.

I am pooped already...and now have to tackle the master bedroom....it is a big mess from the way i throw stuff around.

Next week I am going to start on the dresser drawers, even if i just do one or two every week...i am determined to get organized. you can hold my feet to the fire on that one.

I can NOT go out and shop for a car when i can't find the title to the current one!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Knut the polar bear died! Cause unknown!

Old 03-19-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

yes, i just read a quick blurb about his death...i did not know he was a baby.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

He was 4 years old. Life expectancy in captivity is around 30 years.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This is another 'phone company incompetence' whine. The PLUS loan I applied for and then cancelled, and cancelled, and cancelled, has been disbursed!!! I emailed the school and got a confirmation email back saying it had been cancelled... and today got a letter saying the funds had been disbursed!! What part of "CANCEL THIS LOAN" don't they get??? So now I hve to call the school on Monday and ask them WHY the damn loan was approved when I never signed the promissory note but sent it back with big CANCEL THIS LOAN all over the paper!!! Idiots!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Don't ever get involved with the federal government. It's even worse. When my daughter was disabled, we got her on SSI since she was unable to work. That was the easy part. The hard part...the almost IMPOSSIBLE part is getting off the damned thing! We wrote, called, faxed, etc. everything we could to tell them that she no longer needed SSI and had begun working. They kept sending checks. They reduced the amount of her checks after we sent payroll stubs confirming that she had a job.

Then, after a few months, they wrote and said they overpaid her $700+ dollars and wanted it back. She kept the money aside figuring that would happen. So, she sent them a check and we assumed it was taken care of. A month or so later, they sent her another notice that they had overpaid her $500+ and wanted it back. Again, she sent them a check. A month or so later, they sent another notice that they overpaid her $150+ and wanted it back. Another check to SSI, followed by more phone calls, faxes and letters explaining the situation and saying she wants OFF SSI.

We heard nothing from them for a few months, then, last week, another notice comes saying they overpaid her the same $500+ amount that we paid them back in August. Luckily, I had the canceled checks showing all three amounts paid and deposited by SSI. I sent a registered letter to them the next day, enclosing copies of all three endorsed checks and a letter, once again, explaining everything and asking for confirmation that all monies overpaid had been repaid and that her account would be CLOSED.

Yesterday, she got a notice from a different SSA office informing her that since she missed her appointment to keep her SSI insurance in force, they were going to close her account if they don't hear from her in 10 days. Unfreaking believable.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

where is the award statue for Whine of the Week....I think RZ is still holding it from his $2700. utilities bill....

turn it over to Suki, dealing with state and federal govmt. is Emmy material....i should know, I work for them.

Suki you have described the government logic perfectly.

Least, I think that schools are the same way, you get the supporting whine award.

my shopping trip went very smoothly and quickly with few lines...I got everything I could possibly want for tonight (including a fresh container of Cherry Garcia)...i am suspicious....that nothing went wrong and i did not forget anything?????:rotfxko
Old 03-19-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fandy, that whine had such potential for an "Aisle 6 cleanup" whine...but it is even better as the "I must have forgotten something and will remember at the worst possible moment" whine.

I love classifying our whines. There are just so many various things to whine about, it's good to keep them organized...alphabetically if you don't mind because I am very Obsessive/compulsive and need things alphabetical.

All above me here, very fine whines coming out today. Cleaning the rat's cage is right up there with the Best of Whiners.

My whine is that Bubba is cranky and being obtuse about my dysfunctional family...and we have to go to a condo rec centre dinner here tonight because we committed earlier this week...and we have to pretend we are happy today and that nothing is wrong.

I like to "clear the air" and get it over with, "snap out of it" is my mantra. Bubba likes to stretch it out for days, which I can usually ignore but can't when we are with our neighbours pretending to be Ozzie and Harriet (young 'uns can look them up).

I have a creative way of dealing with all this...you're gonna love this one, lol...each time he is snarky or obtuse, I add $20 to my "shopping spree budget" which will follow closely after this has been resolved. He's up to $220 already...and climbing The recovery "forgiveness" comes after the shopping spree. Works for Queeny.

Macy's, here I come!!!