Notices

It's been a long time........................

Old 11-16-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Content with my past

It's been a long time........................

I see a lot of new people and then the ones that were around way before I started coming here for my opitate addiction. I wanted to ask for some feedback on the anxiety meds I am on. I was put on these, some already know, but because my son got sick earlier in the year and its was the hardest things I have ever dealt with. But, I started a couple of days ago to start taking better care of myself. Which has been on the back burner for a very very long time.
I started reducing the amount of Klopoin (sp) 2 days ago. I have been going to work and then just wanting to sleep and think that is what is causing it. I take 6 .5' a day. I went down to 5 .5's two days ago and plan to do this for 2 weeks and then drop again. I know there are people, like Windy, that had this addiction and I know many others but even though I am stressed I cant sleep my life away. I also cut back 2 days ago on my caffeine intake which causes major headaches, but I am willing to endure to get healthier.
Can you all give me some feedback on the dosage I am on and if I am correct with feeling tired all the time could be a cause of the med. Sorry to just jump back in here and not be able to support anyone. I am trying to get completely clean and it has been a roller coaster and am starting to realize, somthing is gotta give. I hope to hear from some of my old friends and new one. This has been one hell of a year.
Thanks in advance,
Sandi
Old 11-16-2008, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((Sandi)))

I don't know anything about tapering the Klonopin. My stepsister had to do it, then go to detox, and they told her how much and when to take it.

I just wanted to let you know I've missed you, and you must have know you were on my mind I'm really glad to see you and hear that you are taking care of you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-16-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Amy, you are such a wonderful, caring person. You were the first one I met on this site. I am so proud of your sobriety. I cant go to rehab, I believe I can do this on my own. Ha, we have heard that from me before. But they are nothing like my enemy, opiates. I just know from a prior post I did, I was told I was on a hefty dose and didnt realize it. Hopefully, someone can tell me if 3mg of Klopin is a big dose. Thanks friend, its nice to have a few cyber friends to talk to. Have a good nite. I need to get to bed for work tomorrow.
Love, Sandi
Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Sandi)))

The only reason my stepsister had to go to detox was because of her numerous other health issues, so it's not a requirement. You just have to be careful (a dr. is the best to guide you) because if you drop too much, too fast, you can go into seizures.

Luv ya!

Amy
Old 11-17-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Thanks Windy, I remember you mentioning Ashton before. I just got on there and there is a lot of info. Also, kind of scary that it looks to me like my does is a lot higher then what I thought it was. When you see these little yellow pills, .05mil you think of them as candy. How pathetic. I will see my doctor on this one. Just from what I read, this is a little tricker then I was hoping. Thanks for the info. I will be seeing my dr soon.
Glad to hear from you guys.
Sandi
Old 11-17-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

I take xanax and they are one little sucker thats tough to get off of........definitly taper slowly. It can be done but since they can cause seizures or death you want to do it slowly. See your dr to make sure you should be off of them.
I take anti depressants and xanax, totally safe. I need them so I will probably never quit. I can't imagine being with out them mental health wise.
Good luck. If you need to ask me, feel free to pm me.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Sands:
Nice to see you back on SR.com
Old 11-18-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know a fair bit about klonopin (actually lots ) I've been on small, med and huge doses.

Hmmm ...its been a long time since i was on 3 mgs but I believe I weened down about a 1/4 mg every 2 weeks and it wasn't too bad until the end. Then I felt like i had a flu for about a good 7 days. Not too much puking but very bad nasea and sleepless nights.

It does depend how long you were on them too.

I once came down off 13-14mg......a day, and more. Now that's a differant story.

......it felt like someone opened a door into hell, and thru me into it, for a very long time.

After I got down to 6-8 mgs a day ... I fired the doctor who put me on so much dope and got myself a new doctor .......he put me on Valium and (for me ) it was 10 times easier to wean off.

Above all Sandi, do your taper with your doctor and don't hold back the truth (if you've been taking more or abusing it like I was).

..welcome back..........

..Joe
Old 11-19-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Thanks guys,
I never have abused this med. I know that I am a addict and I will do any and everything to the extreme, my husband has to divy out my med and my son's Adderall or I would abuse both of them. He now gives me only 5 of them and I have stayed with. Emmer, I knew your problem was the downers, (thats what I call them) and that you have had a very hard time with it. I will make sure that I talk to my doctor more on this issue. Does anyone know anything natural that you can take for stress.
Its always a pleasure to here from my Brett. You will always have a place in my heart.
I know when I responed to Windy there was a post there. He told me about Ashton and I looked into it. It disapeared or I have more issues then I realize. Thanks to all and keep posting to me. I need you all and want to come back and be of help again. I'll get there, its just going to take time and patience.
Sandi
Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Sandi)))

I started taking 5HTP, at the recommendation of a friend here. It helps with my mood, and a little bit with sleep. I was taking 200 mg/day because that's the only dose I could take (you can find it at any drug store, where the health supplements are). Then I found 50 mg tabs, but they made me nauseated for a while, so I stopped taking them. I realized, the other day, how much they had been helping me, so am taking them again, and so far, no nausea.

I started reading up on supplements, and haven't heard anything BAD about the 5HTP, other than it just doesn't work for some people.

I'm glad you are talking to your doctor about this, and even MORE glad that you are back here...I've missed ya!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-20-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sandi, you were definitely missed!!! Welcome back, Im so glad you are back and doing ok. keep posting dont leave us again!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi ((Sandi))!!
How are you doing today?? I hope you will post more and please don't hesitate to drop me a PM if you want to chat/vent/or whatever!
((HUGS))
Jane
Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Thanks Becky and Jane, I am happy you guys responed to my post. It makes you feel pretty good. I appreciate you all stickin with me. I am still struggling and learning this so called thing called "life" and learning as I go. I might be one that nevers "gets" it but I am trying so hard and life has been a total bit$h lately and it only can get better from here.
Becky, I still would lurk around here and you have been thru sooooo much change in your life, and I think you are a little stronger then what you thought, we all have told you that in the past. Change is scary in general. But normally change makes us grow and become stronger and most importantly wiser.
Jane, I think you are a great lady. I know that I havent kept up with your thread too much, But, I remember are private post back in the day when I didnt think I could do what I feel I accomplished and get off the pain pills. I am nothing like I was before, thank God for that but I have to admit I still take them and do other things that lots would disagree with. But I think, in time, I will learn what works or doesnt work for me.
Keep posting ladies, I need to be here. I atleast admit that for now.
Brett, how are you doing? I remember a post you and your girlfriend were going to bid on a house, did you guys get it?
I appreciate all of you. It means more then you know!!
Sandi
Old 11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Content with my past

You know its been quite a while since I have taken a opiate, not that I dont think of them a lot and feel like if I had them I would be more active but so far so good. I dont know if I mentioned this but I finally told my family doctor I was a addict a few weeks ago, he is in the same office with my doctor for my stomach issues so they all know. It felt really liberating to finally come clean with him. He is such a good doctor. He sees my son for free. Actually he is the one that prescribes the Adderall which is what I have been taken here and there. I just get so much done even though I am popping Klopin along with them. I give them to my husband and he gives me one a day but on the weekends when my son is off his normal schedule he forgets and I dont remind. How pathectic am I? My son is also not only smoking pot but know he is snorting pain pills. He is in out patient rehab and so far nothing. I guess it runs in the family. I have cut down to 5 Klopin and 2 caffeine drinks a day. Have major headaches but I am trying to do a little at a time. I also smoke pot at times still and I drink on occasion. Probably drink 3 times a month. If I drink I will smoke pot. Or if I am on Adderall, I will smoke pot. With all my son is struggling with, I am being selfish to do what I do. I feel like a terrible mother but he has no idea what I do. Last nite he saw a beer next to me and went into shock. Its not what he sees, but it runs in his blood and its how he defines himself at this point in his life. Thanks for letting me share, I know I dont have many supporters but I will some day be a big help to you all. I have been around for a while and am growing and learning so much. Everyone hang in there and keeep fighting the fight.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Sandi)))

Good for you on coming clean with your dr. I love my dr., and I'm glad I couldn't manipulate him, if I wanted to try (which I don't)

I'm not going to judge you on what you do. I know you've had a rough year, and I'm just glad you're back here. We take on things as we're able. I had drank the occasional beer, but after I got robbed at work, realized I was drinking 1-2 every day, so just quit. It was something that hadn't been a problem, but I saw it might become one, and I don't want to deal with trying to quit anything else, other than the cigarettes I still have to work on

I'm really glad to see you posting...I missed you!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newsandi View Post
You know its been quite a while since I have taken a opiate, not that I dont think of them a lot and feel like if I had them I would be more active but so far so good. I dont know if I mentioned this but I finally told my family doctor I was a addict a few weeks ago, he is in the same office with my doctor for my stomach issues so they all know. It felt really liberating to finally come clean with him. He is such a good doctor. He sees my son for free. Actually he is the one that prescribes the Adderall which is what I have been taken here and there. I just get so much done even though I am popping Klopin along with them. I give them to my husband and he gives me one a day but on the weekends when my son is off his normal schedule he forgets and I dont remind. How pathectic am I? My son is also not only smoking pot but know he is snorting pain pills. He is in out patient rehab and so far nothing. I guess it runs in the family. I have cut down to 5 Klopin and 2 caffeine drinks a day. Have major headaches but I am trying to do a little at a time. I also smoke pot at times still and I drink on occasion. Probably drink 3 times a month. If I drink I will smoke pot. Or if I am on Adderall, I will smoke pot. With all my son is struggling with, I am being selfish to do what I do. I feel like a terrible mother but he has no idea what I do. Last nite he saw a beer next to me and went into shock. Its not what he sees, but it runs in his blood and its how he defines himself at this point in his life. Thanks for letting me share, I know I dont have many supporters but I will some day be a big help to you all. I have been around for a while and am growing and learning so much. Everyone hang in there and keeep fighting the fight.
It sounds like you are dealing with it one day at a time and you are doing great so far. Sobriety is not going to happen overnight and everyone handles it different ways. As far as your son, I know that no matter what you will feel guilty for what he is doing now but I want to let you know, as someone who grew up with both parents being druggies, alcoholics and mentally ill, I saw everything they went through growing up, I used to tell myself, man I am never going to be like them, and then I started using myself. So, you could be the cleanest person in the world, don't drink, smoke, swear whatever, but they will do what they want to do when it comes down to it. Yes, the example might not be the best, but as we grow, we make our own decisions and honestly parents really have no choice in the matter. So don't get down on yourself, get yourself better so you can be strong enough to be there for your son when he needs you. Hopefully he will not get too down into the drug world before it really changes his life. Keep trudging along, you're doing great!
Old 11-23-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

((Sandi)) Thank you for saying that! It sure means alot!!
I would never judge you either...as I'm sure most of us wouldn't!
I am sorry though that your still struggling with things but I have faith that you will quit when you are ready. (soon?)
Please be careful though hun, take it easy and remember I, and many others are here for you if you need us!
((HUGS))
Jane
Old 11-23-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sandi, If I was my daughter's role model she would never have picked up that first drug. So I absolutely know that there are many more influences in their lives than just we parents. I still sometimes feel guilty about giving my daughter the addict gene but having grown up with an alcoholic dad and neither I nor my siblings ever having an addiction problem I know that it is basically a crapshoot. So go easy on yourself. You have enough on your plate without adding guilt to it. Hugs and take care, Marle
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Thanks to all. Ohh the guilty feeling gets easier over time, not quite as bad as early on in this fight. I am trying to take better care of myself not just for my son but for myself. I just quit caring when this all started. I just got kicked down for a long time and I am slowly getting back up. Again, thanks to you all for your support. I missed you all!!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

((Sandi)) I go through periods like that too...when I kind of give up and quit trying...then I have to kick my own butt back into a healthier routine and try harder to stick with it!
I think God gives us second chances for a reason so we must make good use of them!
You will always have my support hun! :ghug3
((HUGS))
Jane