Old 11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
newsandi
Content with my past

You know its been quite a while since I have taken a opiate, not that I dont think of them a lot and feel like if I had them I would be more active but so far so good. I dont know if I mentioned this but I finally told my family doctor I was a addict a few weeks ago, he is in the same office with my doctor for my stomach issues so they all know. It felt really liberating to finally come clean with him. He is such a good doctor. He sees my son for free. Actually he is the one that prescribes the Adderall which is what I have been taken here and there. I just get so much done even though I am popping Klopin along with them. I give them to my husband and he gives me one a day but on the weekends when my son is off his normal schedule he forgets and I dont remind. How pathectic am I? My son is also not only smoking pot but know he is snorting pain pills. He is in out patient rehab and so far nothing. I guess it runs in the family. I have cut down to 5 Klopin and 2 caffeine drinks a day. Have major headaches but I am trying to do a little at a time. I also smoke pot at times still and I drink on occasion. Probably drink 3 times a month. If I drink I will smoke pot. Or if I am on Adderall, I will smoke pot. With all my son is struggling with, I am being selfish to do what I do. I feel like a terrible mother but he has no idea what I do. Last nite he saw a beer next to me and went into shock. Its not what he sees, but it runs in his blood and its how he defines himself at this point in his life. Thanks for letting me share, I know I dont have many supporters but I will some day be a big help to you all. I have been around for a while and am growing and learning so much. Everyone hang in there and keeep fighting the fight.