Notices

Why after all this time

Old 06-13-2006, 06:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good question Patrick! I'm glad mik is here. What he writes reminds me that alcoholism is cunning, baffling, and powerful enough to get someone to not only write this stuff, but apparently believe what he's writing. Keep it coming mikimc. You're good for me.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Music
Good question Patrick! I'm glad mik is here. What he writes reminds me that alcoholism is cunning, baffling, and powerful enough to get someone to not only write this stuff, but apparently believe what he's writing. Keep it coming mikimc. You're good for me.
Hello, thank you! day 3. doing great! I really dont think that message from patrick was meant for me, anyway i hope not. im not on any meds to quit drinking and i dont think its okay to have one every now and then (not for me personally) i fell off and got back on. oh, and i would never break anybodys balls
Old 06-13-2006, 08:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Cool! Now you've got a string of them going!! Stay busy and do your thing!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:48 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mikimc
AGAIN, TODAY I DID NOT DRINK!!!!!!!!!!! YEA, THANKS

SUPER!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 02:35 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good on ya mikimc. If we're counting days I'm now on day 11 of my first attempt since getting counseling and really feeling confident about doing this. If I make this weekend (14 days) it will be the first 2 weeks sober I can remember. I feel so damn good as well, just fearful that Mr Hyde is lurking somewhere... but is nowhere to be seen at the moment.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by mikimc
I never felt the urge. it was like an out of body experience, i just grabbed a drink and slugged it down. after i did it i didnt even feel bad. I was just so mad at the people around me who dont help me or give me credit. My husband gets drunk and say mean things all the time, I pushed it back, But just so many things happened at once, it was like HERE, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW YOU SOB. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED FOR TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU HAPPY??????????????????
AND NOBODY KNOWS I HAD THIS SLIP EXCEPT FOR YOU GREAT PEOPLE THAT I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO.
Mikimc..... thank you for sharing this. I hope that you will come back to these words you wrote from time to time and really consider what caused your slip so it doesn't happen again. It sounds like there was some frustration building up that led to this event, though I may be wrong. At the very least, a thought had to precede the action, however impulsive it may have seemed. Know what I mean? I still do impulsive, spontaneous things which are born of frustration, but I know a thought had to lead to my action. I think you really nailed it though, when you said "I was just so mad at the people around me who dont help me or don't give me credit." I understand your pain. I feel that my sobriety is very much taken for granted at home too, and I have had feelings not much different than yours at times. Thank you - I learned something from you today!

Treat yourself once in awhile - do something special for YOU! Celebrate your sobriety. Validation from others is nice, but remember that you're doing this for you before anyone else in the world, and that you are very special and deserving.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey there today also starts day 4 for me, but all I have under my belt is about 9 weeks 18 month ago. I also have a husband that can really pound some beers. I sometimes think some what made me start again last time was always beihg the center of of the jokes from his friends how he has a personal desinagted driver, then he would drink more.

I am glad to see your sober again!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hang in there with me this weekend, weekdays are never tough for me it Friday on my way home from work I stop for my little single shot bottles and I am on my way to a drunken weekend. I am going to take a different way home this weekend!

Keep Mr. Hyde in Hiding
Old 06-14-2006, 06:01 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hows NYC, NYC Girl? I'll be coming over there from England for the first time for a 6 week tour of the USA in a few weeks time.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:27 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Congrats to Mikimc, Balls and NYCGirl!!! Oh and to me and everyone else who is sober today ..... yay ... how good is it?

lots of love,
Brigid
Old 06-14-2006, 06:43 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I don't live there anymore but i visit alot ended up in a small shore partying town (bad idea) but have a great family and job husbands work keeps him here.

The museum of Natural history is great so is south stree sea port!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:58 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

mik, why of course it wasn't meant to you... you keep do'n...

agw & gol, xxoo, Zip
Old 06-14-2006, 02:53 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Balls
Good on ya mikimc. If we're counting days I'm now on day 11 of my first attempt since getting counseling and really feeling confident about doing this. If I make this weekend (14 days) it will be the first 2 weeks sober I can remember. I feel so damn good as well, just fearful that Mr Hyde is lurking somewhere... but is nowhere to be seen at the moment.
Good luck! thank you for the support. I had a really bad day and i thought about drinking for about a second, its not worth it!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Autumn
Mikimc..... thank you for sharing this. I hope that you will come back to these words you wrote from time to time and really consider what caused your slip so it doesn't happen again. It sounds like there was some frustration building up that led to this event, though I may be wrong. At the very least, a thought had to precede the action, however impulsive it may have seemed. Know what I mean? I still do impulsive, spontaneous things which are born of frustration, but I know a thought had to lead to my action. I think you really nailed it though, when you said "I was just so mad at the people around me who dont help me or don't give me credit." I understand your pain. I feel that my sobriety is very much taken for granted at home too, and I have had feelings not much different than yours at times. Thank you - I learned something from you today!

Treat yourself once in awhile - do something special for YOU! Celebrate your sobriety. Validation from others is nice, but remember that you're doing this for you before anyone else in the world, and that you are very special and deserving.

Wow, yes it was frustration!!!!!!! He is out again today and he will come home drunk and verbally abuse me. but, im not going to drink. he wont take that away from me again. My sobriety is MINE!!!!!!!! He wont take it away again. Lets get through the weekend together. if I know somebody is checking on me, I will do better. Good luck to you.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCGirl
Hang in there with me this weekend, weekdays are never tough for me it Friday on my way home from work I stop for my little single shot bottles and I am on my way to a drunken weekend. I am going to take a different way home this weekend!

Keep Mr. Hyde in Hiding
We will do this weekend together! we can check up on each other. Its really nice to talk to people who actually have been there and done it and who understand the battle.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:34 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Great, I'll keep in touch
Old 06-15-2006, 08:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. I hope everybody is doing well. I made it through another day. I think i am really back on tract now. tomorrow is friday!!!!!!!! thank God. fathers day too. I bought my husband a fishing rod. I'm hoping he will get back to his good hobbies. As far as i can remember there is not a fishing hole in the bar. talk to everybody later.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:16 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

No, but often a bar near the fishin' hole.

Keep strong, I am hangin' with ya!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey Bliss, I am leaving work little early today with a differnet mind set. No stops a the liquor just WaWa for a Red Bull the off to lay out alone for 45 or so, nails at 2:45 than time to pick up the kids, where gonna go finish working in the garden it's been areal mess lately.

It's been a real mess lately.

What are your plans?
Talk to you soon.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

A Happy Friday in Recovery !!!

agw & gol,...................................... xxoo, the zip