Notices

Why after all this time

Old 07-12-2006, 03:53 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
I used to feel the same way as you. Call your counselor and start seeing her again. Look for solutions to finding happiness. You need support and guidance in doing this and your counselor can give you professional advice. If you want you life to change you have to start making the proper changes. You are on the right track. Keep digging into these changes and you will start to see results. Try a recovery program to help you quit drinking. I used to blame my husband for my unhappiness. He was long gone and I was still drinking, unhappy and blaming him for it. Today I am grateful to say that I am past that. I am responsible for my own happiness, nobody else is. I wish you the best.
Hi, I know that i am responsible for my own happiness, I want it back. Really, the years i went without drinking were the most productive happy times in my life. I cant get in right away with my counsilor, i was fixed and had to move on. now im broke again. she is wonderful, and i hope to start with her again soon. been taking care of sick kids and home projects the past week. thanks................i need a reality check every now and then.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:57 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by debsjsu
Great to hear from you. Sounds like that phone call monday would be a #1 option I would very highly reccommend that you do that PLEASE follow through with that plan ASAP.. Your life could depend on taking action...... Let us know ....... You will stay in my prayers.... I expect an update.... (nothing like a bosy internet friend hu?) Love to ya Debs
I like your frankness!! thats what is bringing me back. i havent had a drink in two days. Its weird. I dont get drunk, i have 3-4 beers then stop. i dont want to trick myself in believing it will stay that way. i know it wont. i dont want a trip in an ambulance to wake me up again.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Have you made that phone call yet??? What are your plans?? If you make plans to stay sober you will have a better chance of staying sober.... Let me know how you are doing are doing ok.... Just think of this thread as someone you need to be accountable to daily ( if that dosn't offend you.. It seemed to help me when I had relapsed to have someone to be accountable to daily) give us a daily update and poor out the anger and you will feel better. It will help you make sober plans too.... We really do care... And we havent asked for money or anything else so you know there isn't any alterior motive... Just that we care.... Love to you Debs
how long have you been sober? when did you relapse? When you did, did you hide it? still nobody knows and it has been a little over a month. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, THATS HOW I FEEL
Old 07-13-2006, 07:13 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Shame is a useless emotion it is neither productive or helpful in recovery our addiction uses it to keep us drunk... Get rid of it, You are not entitled to it, What are you using it for??? Let it go... Stop wallowing in the problem and get into the solution... The problem is that you got drunk, If you wallow in it you will keep getting drunk, so stop wallowing in it.. Get into the solution, the solution is getting sober, #1 make that appointment #2 Go to a meeting #3 find you a sponsor #4 start over on your steps. Ypur sponsor can take over from there....... Do you want to get sober or do you want to stay drunk??? If nothing changes then nothing changes.... Do you want me to pet you or tell you the truth??? If I truly love you and want you to get sober am I going to lie to you and try to sugar coat everything and cushion your ego or am I going to tell you the truth even though I know it might be painful for you to hear? Think about it.... Now come back here and TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO..... Love you Debs
Old 07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Shame is a useless emotion it is neither productive or helpful in recovery our addiction uses it to keep us drunk... Get rid of it, You are not entitled to it, What are you using it for??? Let it go... Stop wallowing in the problem and get into the solution... The problem is that you got drunk, If you wallow in it you will keep getting drunk, so stop wallowing in it.. Get into the solution, the solution is getting sober, #1 make that appointment #2 Go to a meeting #3 find you a sponsor #4 start over on your steps. Ypur sponsor can take over from there....... Do you want to get sober or do you want to stay drunk??? If nothing changes then nothing changes.... Do you want me to pet you or tell you the truth??? If I truly love you and want you to get sober am I going to lie to you and try to sugar coat everything and cushion your ego or am I going to tell you the truth even though I know it might be painful for you to hear? Think about it.... Now come back here and TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO..... Love you Debs

Hey there, Im back and really trying. 3 days. believe me, i have no ego to cushion right now. when i have my 2 years back then i will have my ego back:: i appreciate you very much. i need somebody to kick my hinny and stop feeling sorry for myself. i have it much better than so many people. just needed to have a little pitty party. im over it I love these little icons. REALLY THANK YOU
Old 07-13-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

3 days is better than better than none. Glad to have you back. stay strong!
Old 07-14-2006, 06:55 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

AWESOME MIKIMC now, Have you made that phone call to your therapist??? Have you made a meeting yet??? Have you found a sponsor yet??? What have you done to make sure that you STAY sober?? What ACTIONS are you taking to ensure your sobriety??? Remember if you are not moving forward you are moving backwards we never stand still........Talk to me Girlfriend... Tell me something...... 3 days is GREAT I am so very proud of you......Love to you Babe Debs
Old 07-15-2006, 07:04 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Come on back here and talk to me .... or pm me if you need to .... but don't loose touch.... Don't let the alcohol win....... This IS the fight for your LIFE.... DO NOT GIVE UP..... Love to you Debs
Old 07-15-2006, 07:55 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

I'm not an alcoholic but can you not just get back on the horse, and instead of saying 20 days sober say 19, count it as a speed bump?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hey mikimc, just stopped in to say, hope your well.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:13 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

hiya mik ! Get your (_Mik_) move'n

Git!!!

agw & gol, ........................... (_zip_)
Old 07-17-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Where are ya Babe.... We are still here haven't given up on you and arn't going to... You are too important for that..... Whatever you are doing, it is ok, just come back and talk to us... It is not too late... The alcohol hasn't beat you yet, but it might if you don't come back and take action to win in this fight for your life.... Im still praying for you... Still love you no matter what, unconditionally...... no judgements..... sobriety is waiting and so are we...... Love to ya Debs.....
Old 07-18-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Im still praying for you and Im not going to stop so you have me and my God on your side even if you don't know it.... My thoughts are with you.... I talked to a friend of mine in recovery yesterday she was at the hospital watching her 2 yr. old being hooked up to chemo. He has neuroblastoma, that is cancer.. They are giving him a 30% chance of living right now. She said his scrotum was the size of his head. Man I know that would be hard to do, just sit and watch that baby. Knowing you are powerless to do anything about it.... Well Im powerless to do anything except pray and talk to you on here. But you are not completely powerless, you can make a choice to come back, your kids need you, you need you. Come back here and talk to us... Love to ya Debs
Old 07-18-2006, 05:01 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Im still praying for you and Im not going to stop so you have me and my God on your side even if you don't know it.... My thoughts are with you.... I talked to a friend of mine in recovery yesterday she was at the hospital watching her 2 yr. old being hooked up to chemo. He has neuroblastoma, that is cancer.. They are giving him a 30% chance of living right now. She said his scrotum was the size of his head. Man I know that would be hard to do, just sit and watch that baby. Knowing you are powerless to do anything about it.... Well Im powerless to do anything except pray and talk to you on here. But you are not completely powerless, you can make a choice to come back, your kids need you, you need you. Come back here and talk to us... Love to ya Debs
Hi, Im still here. Thanks for keeping in touch. Im hanging in there. doing alot of home projects. i painted my bathroom and redecorated my bedroom and living room. i even dyed my curtins. tonight im just relaxing. my daughters boyfriend broke her heart. that was hard. i could have broken his skinny little neck:uzi2: anyway, every project i do, my assband, oh, i mean husband tells me how horrible it looks. the good thing is i dont care. i like it and i feel some pride coming back. thanks so much for all the love. sorry i didnt get on for a few days. just trying to keep busy. talk to ya later.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:27 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Originally Posted by mikimc
i need somebody to kick my hinny and stop feeling sorry for myself. i have it much better than so many people. just needed to have a little pitty party. im over it
That is so true, the feeling sorry for ourselves bit keeps us down and in the crap. So lovely to hear you are ignoring the negativity from "assband"!!!!!! Some things are just too hard and need to be ignored - IMHO.

lots of love,
Brigid
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

thats it mik'y, atitude... and of Gratitude... it realy help'd me when i could'a had the Boo-Hoo's...and for a good reason too! .....then, R/X... W.A. Whiners Anonymous...

agw & gol................................. xxoo, pattee
Old 07-20-2006, 02:39 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you I have had a hard couple of days myself... Haven't wanted to drink or use that would not help any..... Dealing with a 16 yr. old who has a lot of anger and resentment inside due to his parents alcohol and drug abuse and being abandoned by them is not an easy task... He seems to take his anger out on me b/c he knows that I will alwasy love him no matter what.. However I have to protect the other children in my house. It is so very hard for me to get him to understand this... I have been so busy with him that I haven't had time to be on the computer, I thought about you and wanted to check and see if you had been on and I was so very glad to see that you were doing well. My prayers have been reaching you and I didn't even know it... I will continue to pray for you to have strength to overcome the negativity that is being thrown at you and to have the courage to stay sober... Love to you Debs