Notices

To those who binge.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by AndrewBeen
Especially those oh-so-fresh
green
cheese steak subs nuked to perfection on the premises. "Vomit bag with your sandwich, sir?"
Old 09-29-2005, 08:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Only pukin bout myself at the moment
Old 10-02-2005, 10:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by best
7-11 and the Pilgrim Dinner were our stops.
3 AM At the Pilgrim, my friend ordered the special...mashed potato and meatloaf.

Just as the plate was placed in front of him, he passed out. Face first into the mashed with gravy. The others in the group looked to me and said..shall we pull him out or leave him? *LOL*

Heh this reminds me of a time at the waffle house when around 2:30 AM a buddy of mine ordered french toast...all was going well until he announced he wasn't feeling well....stood up to go outside and get some air....and proceeded to puke up what he had eaten right back onto the plate....

there isn't anything in the world quite like whiskey and french toast
Old 10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

[QUOTE=SPF 77]Heh this reminds me of a time at the waffle house when around 2:30 AM a buddy of mine ordered french toast...all was going well until he announced he wasn't feeling well....stood up to go outside and get some air....and proceeded to puke up what he had eaten right back onto the plate....
QUOTE]

"Would you like me to wrap that for you to go then, sir?"
Old 10-04-2005, 10:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't know if I'm at the point of shairing all my most embarassing drunken moments. (not that I can remember all of them! lol! ), but I can amit to making myself puke just so I could drink more! That's so sad! I'm so thankful to be me and here sober today!
Old 10-06-2005, 06:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

A long ago friend once puked in every single cup and glass that was on the table in the cafe we were sitting in. She picked up the first glass, barfed in it, then continued to fill up the rest of them. Needless to say, we were asked to leave.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

I rarely vomited when I was drinking. I can only remember 2 times. Once after drinking a large bottle of rubbing alcohol and the other time was when I slammed down 2 fifths of Peppermint Schnapps - my last drunk. Both took several hours before the puking ensued. My last drunk landed me in the hospital with alcohol poisoning - continuous puking - couldn't breathe - kept power puking. Then I got to be admitted into the treatment center and stay for 23 lovely days. (YEA RIGHT!!!).

To avoid hang overs - I use to get a large supply of No Doze; Mountain Dew and aspirin. Upon waking I would take 6-8 No Doze; chug it down with a 20 oz Mountain Dew and then wonder why it felt like my heart was beating through my chest. Then I would take 20-30 aspirins; go to school or work with my concealed alcohol and No Doze and continue the regiment.

And I wonder today...why I have 3 ulcers. Why I can't eat spicy food, a lot of sugar, too much caffeine, too much dairy, etc.... Hmmmmm....probably wasn't from any of that!!!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Be nice to your liver, Jlo. It has already gone above and beyond the call of duty. I'm glad you are among us to tell the tail.

Originally Posted by jlo34
I rarely vomited when I was drinking. I can only remember 2 times. Once after drinking a large bottle of rubbing alcohol and the other time was when I slammed down 2 fifths of Peppermint Schnapps - my last drunk. Both took several hours before the puking ensued. My last drunk landed me in the hospital with alcohol poisoning - continuous puking - couldn't breathe - kept power puking. Then I got to be admitted into the treatment center and stay for 23 lovely days. (YEA RIGHT!!!).

To avoid hang overs - I use to get a large supply of No Doze; Mountain Dew and aspirin. Upon waking I would take 6-8 No Doze; chug it down with a 20 oz Mountain Dew and then wonder why it felt like my heart was beating through my chest. Then I would take 20-30 aspirins; go to school or work with my concealed alcohol and No Doze and continue the regiment.

And I wonder today...why I have 3 ulcers. Why I can't eat spicy food, a lot of sugar, too much caffeine, too much dairy, etc.... Hmmmmm....probably wasn't from any of that!!!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Funny you should mention that Andrew. The last 2 years I've had my liver function tests done. They've been elevated. Of course I'm on a heavy regiment of meds right now for chronic back and shoulder pain sustained from a work injury over a year ago... I shudder to think what the readings are now!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

One night I couldn't find anything else to mix my vodka with so I used red gatorade. I had way too much to drink and puked red all over the place. Everything was red. It was such a nightmare and I was sooo sick. I was still sick the next morning.

I don't miss those days at all.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:30 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

In college, friends and I were in a cab.......I felt sick, I GOT sick, but somehow managed to keep it in my mouth. However, I DID need to get rid of it, so I oh so slyly rolled the window down just a crack (it was January in the midwest so COLD), pursed my lips out the window and proceeded to spit the puke out. GROSS!!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=AndrewBeen]
Originally Posted by SPF 77
Heh this reminds me of a time at the waffle house when around 2:30 AM a buddy of mine ordered french toast...all was going well until he announced he wasn't feeling well....stood up to go outside and get some air....and proceeded to puke up what he had eaten right back onto the plate....
QUOTE]

"Would you like me to wrap that for you to go then, sir?"

hehehe, needless to say we didn't ask for a doggie bag...

Dont think the waitress appreciated it though
Old 10-07-2005, 04:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I rarely vomited when I was drinking. I can only remember 2 times. Once after drinking a large bottle of rubbing alcohol and the other time was when I slammed down 2 fifths of Peppermint Schnapps - my last drunk.

That'll do it to ya...

Rubbing alcohol? Like you mean isopropal (or whatever the heck its called)?
Old 10-07-2005, 07:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

liver damage

Funny you should mention that Andrew. The last 2 years I've had my liver function tests done. They've been elevated. Of course I'm on a heavy regiment of meds right now for chronic back and shoulder pain sustained from a work injury over a year ago... I shudder to think what the readings are now!
As you folks probably know, lots of meds that we take to avoid hangover pain are almost as bad on our livers as the booze. Taking heavy doses of acetameophin (sp?)/Tylenol is especially bad. If anybody relapses,please suffer through the hangover and lay off the tylenol/advil, etc.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Originally Posted by skinner
In college, friends and I were in a cab.......I felt sick, I GOT sick, but somehow managed to keep it in my mouth. However, I DID need to get rid of it, so I oh so slyly rolled the window down just a crack (it was January in the midwest so COLD), pursed my lips out the window and proceeded to spit the puke out. GROSS!!!!
That is why it is sometimes referred to as "The Technicolor Yawn".
Old 10-07-2005, 08:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Andrew....I never heard that one.....lol, kinda of sad there is actually a PHRASE for that hey?:jeez
Old 10-07-2005, 08:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Red Hot Chili Pepper

Oh God. Wait until you get to the point where you don't have a hangover... just a 3-day "I'm dying" thing where every muscle hurts and doesn't work properly, and your brain doesn't either. I'm way beyond hangovers and would actually be grateful for one.

Kelly
Old 10-07-2005, 08:58 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Wait until you get to the point where you don't have a hangover... just a 3-day "I'm dying" thing where every muscle hurts and doesn't work properly, and your brain doesn't either. I'm way beyond hangovers and would actually be grateful for one.
Well, my plan is to NOT get to that point.......trying to stop this beFORE that happens
Old 10-07-2005, 09:02 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Red Hot Chili Pepper

Good! I hope that was inspirational!

Kelly
Old 10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Most definately was........thank you!!