Notices

To those who binge.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Red Hot Chili Pepper

No prob. Actually, I think when I'm at that point... most other people are in detox. That's something I've never done, but you would not believe how I've grit my teeth to deal with it. It's hurt awesome fierce and I guess I'm just like that. I don't have other health problems, and just recently had a full blood panel from a rehab doc, and all is more than was expected in the "fine or better than fine" category. And I can thank my HP for that one. 'Course... my dad is 60+ and starts in on his JD first thing in the morning. And I'm surprised he's not dead by now. Maybe it's the Nordic blood... not sure.

Kelly
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Red Hot Chili Pepper

Evening Primrose Oil.. gobs of it.

(not wanting to encourage anyone, but when you're there, you're there.)
Old 10-07-2005, 09:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I can't resist the temptation to post one of my puking stories:

Some friends of ours were getting married. The wedding was at a picturesque bed and breadfast in the country. It was a story book wedding and a gormet meal. All the relatives and close friends stayed at the bed and breadfast over night. Our room was on the third floor...with a lovely view of the estate out of the window. There was an open bar and I was took full advantage of it. I horded drinks at the end of the night, so when last call came, I could keep going. I kept tipping the bartender extravagantly, and when last call came I found that I had 5 drinks ......can you see where this is going? Later, a bottle of scotch appeared, and soon I was functioning in a full black out.

The next day, when I awoke, I decided I needed to put something in my belly to absorb the alchohol. I drank some bottled water, then ate a whole bag of beef jerky. Outside our friend's elderly relatives were saying good bye and chatting.....can you see where this is going?

I puked and puked out of the third story window, in plain view of the bride and her elderly family members. They were mortified. I think some even got on the car, and some was dribbling down the wall of the $250 a night B&B. Man, that was the grossest and most embarrassing puke I've ever ever had. I was so ashamed of myself.
chip
Old 10-07-2005, 10:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Originally Posted by chip
I can't resist the temptation to post one of my puking stories:

Some friends of ours were getting married. The wedding was at a picturesque bed and breadfast in the country. It was a story book wedding and a gormet meal. All the relatives and close friends stayed at the bed and breadfast over night. Our room was on the third floor...with a lovely view of the estate out of the window. There was an open bar and I was took full advantage of it. I horded drinks at the end of the night, so when last call came, I could keep going. I kept tipping the bartender extravagantly, and when last call came I found that I had 5 drinks ......can you see where this is going? Later, a bottle of scotch appeared, and soon I was functioning in a full black out.

The next day, when I awoke, I decided I needed to put something in my belly to absorb the alchohol. I drank some bottled water, then ate a whole bag of beef jerky. Outside our friend's elderly relatives were saying good bye and chatting.....can you see where this is going?

I puked and puked out of the third story window, in plain view of the bride and her elderly family members. They were mortified. I think some even got on the car, and some was dribbling down the wall of the $250 a night B&B. Man, that was the grossest and most embarrassing puke I've ever ever had. I was so ashamed of myself.
chip
It sounds like a scene from a movie like American Pie or Weekend at Bernies... Very sad and embarrassing story...but hilarious.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:15 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Andrew,
The bride left my buddy 4 months later...I never have to see her again and that makes me feel a bit better about the incident. It is a funny story in a "that was then, this is now" sort of way.
chip
Old 10-08-2005, 07:06 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Ohhhh Chip......I'm with Andrew on that one.......definately save that and maybe use it in a movie some day!!
Old 10-08-2005, 07:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

If the movie were suposed to be funny, it would need to be a young, college boy puking out the window....an actor my age would make the scene "not funny" or "serious". If that binge of mine where on film, it have more of a "Leaving las Vegas" feel than an "animal house" feel. I had some beer in the room, and had a morning beer after I had calmed down from my vomiting.
chip
Old 10-08-2005, 08:02 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

If you DID put that scene in a movie.....just think of how the ending would be......My guess is it would be a happy one.

Chip, I have been reading lots here (ya think) and as an aside to the topic of this thread.......thanks for being here at SR.....you and your "story" are inspirational!!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Red Hot Chili Pepper

Chip, that's definitely a "play it til the end" type flick to keep you sober. I puked once in a bar bathroom and that was plenty for me for a public show. Those things are revolting.

I really need to watch Leaving Las Vegas.

Kelly
Old 10-08-2005, 09:22 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if I will post my worst puke story or not. For now, I'm going to write it down here and we'll see if I click on the "submit reply" button or not. This is absolutely I story I would never tell to anyone who I wanted to stay my friend. It's the most embarassing thing I've ever done in my life and since I was operating in black-out mode, I don't remember it. Thank God.

Years ago, I went out on a first date with a guy I didn't know very well. He took to me Salty's on Alki, a really nice seafood restaurant in Seattle. The place was so full we had to share a table with some other people. One of the guys at the table started talking with me and we decided we were going to have a contest and see who could have more shots of tequila without puking. I have no idea how many shots we had. I do know that he got up and went to the restroom and didn't come back for a long time. His friend went to check on him and came back and told me I had won the contest. His friend was in the bathroom puking.

The date went to drive me home and I made him stop on the freeway, under an overpass, so I could puke. That's where my memory of that night ends.

He took me home and dropped me off. My roommates were having a party and the house was filled with people. I went straight to the bathroom, stripped off all my clothes and began puking again, this time into the toilet. Evidently, it was coming from both ends, if you know what I mean! I didn't realize I had done that and I certainly didn't clean any of it up. Not to sound gross but this is what happened. Evidently, when I was done, I walked out completely naked and went straight to my bedroom. Everyone there saw me do this.

The next morning, my roommate asked "You don't remember what happened last night, do you?" and I told him "No.". He told me about the house being filled with people, me going to the bathroom and coming out completely naked and going to my room. Then he also added, the worst part was going into the bathroom after I was done in there and seeing what was on the floor by the toilet. He had to clean it up himself and nearly puked when he did.

I cannot imagine what everyone there thought of me that night and I am so grateful for the black out that I don't remember it.

Okay, should I click "submit reply".... ummm....okay.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:45 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
alconaut

Can't delete posts, so I had to erase this one. Just a duplicate of the one below.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
alconaut

That's pretty rough, New2. Yikes.

I never really vomited much when I drank, at least not due to alcohol, even when I was hungover. About the worst thing I can remember doing, was hanging out with my brothers friend once when I was really drunk, in his car. I was pretty young at this time. We were driving kinda fast, about freeway speed, when I had to vomit. I stuck my head out the window, and it went flying everywhere. All along the side of the car, in the car, and in my hair. Needless to say, he wasn't real happy, and I went to his house the next day to clean it all up while hungover at the same time.

Once in a while (as early as two months ago), sometimes if I became very upset over something I would briefly vomit. If it happened to be while I was drinking, I would vomit and keep drinking anyway. That's pretty sad.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

2:

That is a frightening story. I am sure you are grateful for your sobriety.

In addition to the drinking, I thought it odd that the drinking contest was not with your date but with the guy at the next table.

As I am sure you know, trying a tequilla drinking contest with a stranger in a bar is a good way for you to die of alcohol poisoning.

Rule #1: Don't die from booze!
Old 10-08-2005, 11:56 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks Andrew...that was my last drinking contest ever, although there were many times after that I'm sure my body still thought I was in a drinking contest. You know, that event happened earlier in my drinking years. I went on to drink another 10-15 years.

Just another quick one...I can remember DRIVING home from a Mexican restaurant after a personal meeting with a lot of Jagermeister, beer, and Mexican food. I had a really nice white Mustang 5.0, and on the way home, I was puking out the driver's window while I was trying to drive. (No memory of this, either).

The next morning I get in the car to go to work. I'm driving down the freeway and EVERYBODY is staring at the side of my car. I couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until I stopped the car and got out and looked at it, that the whole memory came back to me.

Really, really scary stuff.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:19 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

Oy, does this thread bring back memories. Binge drinker here too, 58 days sober today!! I was in such denial about having a problem because I wasn't drinking every day, and it is only because of some wonderful people here who set me straight that I was able to finally "get it" that I too was an alcoholic. After I started looking back on previous years and years of bingeing, Xmas Eves at my parents house where I was out puking in the snow while they were opening presents, happy hours that started at 4:00 and ended at 2AM, it was pretty clear: yes JP, you do belong here.

Thanks gang, for helping me see that.....before it got any worse.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jpeace2
I was in such denial about having a problem because I wasn't drinking every day, and it is only because of some wonderful people here who set me straight that I was able to finally "get it" that I too was an alcoholic.

You Know though this quote brings up a valid point. I always wonder about this; real problem versus people telling people they have a real problem and those people becoming convinced they do. I forget what that's called something superposition I think. Take this for example...there are people out there who are convinced that people who drink two glasses of wine daily have a problem with alcohol and tell them they do. Suddenly some of these people might think they have a problem and become convinced of this fact. Even though really chances are they didn't.

Now I know some of you might say "Denial" and all that...and while I DO Think Denial does play an important part in people who have problems...I also think that there are people who really dont have an problem who are sort of "coersed (can't spell that right now) into thinking they do..with that coesrsion being backed by the concept of denial.

And hey JPeace..this was in no way a jab at you bud ...its just the way this quote was phrased I find helps illustrate this obsrevation of mine.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:22 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Wow New2Sobriety, that last story made me spit coffee all over my monitor! Hilarious but yeah, slightly worrying!!

Can't really think of any puking stories of my own. Like others in this thread, I can hold so much now i used to just pass out. Then of course in the morning i'd discover broken glasses and wine all over my living room floor and start making stupid promises about never doing it again (well not until the evening anyway).

Boy do i not want to go back there! Sobriety rocks!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:43 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

best puke story: having a cute young women I barely knew help me puke into the toilet. that must have won her over, because we spent the rest of the night together.

worst: collapsing on my kitchen floor, turning my head sideways to release loads of vomit. i woke up hours later in the same spot. could've died.

wren