Notices

To those who binge.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To those who binge.

You know you have a problem...when you spend half the night drinking then spend the other half of the night puking all the drink back up....then repeat the process the following weekend.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry I just needed to remind myself of this cycle
Old 09-26-2005, 11:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

You know you REALLY have a problem when you never get to the point of puking, that after a ridiculous amount of alcohol you still can function normally, and no amount of your drink of choice no matter how alcoholic will make you puke or even give you the spins, you just pass out, and by the time you function again the next evening you are looking for the next bottle.

SPF, with practice you too can get there and puke no more!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Andrew I was wondering how to put that into words *LOL*

I think the puking stopped right around the same time as the days of drinking increased.
and by the time you "think" you are functioning the next night, you repeat it again. Payday through till the money ran dry. yes I only drank one day a week. One day that started on Thursday night and continued till Tuesday morning some weeks.

Working in a cold storage freezer at the time, helped me feel I was functioning at work, 3 hours after that last drink in the early morning of the night before drinking start.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Puking became part of my drinking. I would think nothing of throwing up in the pub toilets then going straight back to the bar and ordering another. Social drinking - LOL.

much love
JC
Old 09-27-2005, 01:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

What a thread! Best, that was quite an image you described of working in the cold, being in the cold. Heavy image, strange and sad.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep, Me too!

I got to the point when I could drink a large amount of alcohol and not puke or get the spins. I just passed out at the end. Imagine all the extra stress put on your system and having to process all that crap!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How true Retro! Ditto.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

oh gosh

I remember waking up sick and clamy yet sweaty in the morning. Sick to my stomach but can't throw up. or throwing up and can't quit. Couldn't eat until noon or later and if I did I might get sick then. I would still get up with the kids but lay around on the couch and we'd all just watch tv. Sometimes though amazingly enough I would be able to get up and cook breakfast (even if I didn't eat) and be nice and chipper isn't that strange?

I am glad those sick days are over. I am a functioning, better smelling (notice I didn't say sweet smelling, that happenes when you can't shower daily!) and my nightsweats are gone. That is so nice. No more dehydration, no more headaches from drinking. No more shaky hands.

ps. I don't know how much I can post today or tomorrow so bear with me. I didn't even get to write in my journal last night....Wish me luck when I don't have you guys there with me.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thumbs down You know

drinking is a problem when you think the red in the sink is

Cheery Herring.....only to realize it is blood.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Only Just Begun

Originally Posted by Retro_Girl
I got to the point when I could drink a large amount of alcohol and not puke or get the spins. I just passed out at the end. Imagine all the extra stress put on your system and having to process all that crap!

Yes me too. And I was proud that I had this ability.

Linda
Old 09-27-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My head hurts just thinking about it but I would wake up every morning and puke. I slept with a bucket beside my bed because many times I was not even able to make it to the bathroom.

I puked at parties, in parking lots, in strangers bathrooms, I even puked over a bar once. Luckily it was 2 in the morning and most of the patrons had left.

My sickness was such that I just could not stop drinking until my stomach could not tolerate even one more drop of alcohol.

If I stopped before puking I felt tormented and incomplete.........

It was fortunate for me that my body rejected some of this alcohol because I believe I would have passed out and died from respiratory arrest from the alcohol being absorbed into my system.

I was a binge drinker too. I went on a binge that lasted 16 years.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Can't even remember the last time alcohol made me puke. I would go straight to pass out mode after having had waaaayyy too much. I'd often wake up finding myself somewhere randomly on the floor of my apartment.

I've been on this board before, fell off the wagon, hit the ground, bang bang.

This time I'm staying on the wagon. I can't remember too many days and nights.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I mostly did my vomiting the next morning & simply passed out the night before. What a wonderful thing, alcohol!

Man. I just can't believe what we do to ourselves. It makes me really sad.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Okay here is one of my puke stories and there are many....

I woke up in a bed with my alcoholic drinking buddy and had thrown-up all over us and the bed... I just slid out of bed and made for home, figured he would not remember whether it was him or I that had puked... he never did mention it.
Yuck!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hmmmm....when I wrote this thread I didn't expect it to turn into a rather "Puke-Story athon"....but perhaps I was being rather short sighted about that

Somebody should do a thread like that...."What's your best/worst puke story?" We can all have a bit of juvenille fun...not to mention it might be another great deterrant, to keep from drinking
Old 09-27-2005, 10:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SPF 77
What's your best/worst puke story?" We can all have a bit of juvenille fun...not to mention it might be another great deterrant, to keep from drinking

My soon to be wife was celibrating her turning 18. A few of us crashed the party. She had one beer more then she should of had, or so her belly was tellling her. I held her hair back and tried to comfort her with a back rub...

Have been rubbing her back ever since. hmmm so the way to a woman's heart is through her back?
*LOL*
Old 09-27-2005, 11:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

My Best Puke Story:

Out drinking in Boston till late. Grabbed a 2 am Roast Beef at Buzzy's with fries (those from Boston know how frightening that is). Crashed for a few hours, woke, took cab to Logan, flew to LaGuardia, cab to meeting in Manhattan, quick bathroom break before starting and puked up ENTIRE roast beef sandwich that had been marinating in my stomach the whole time! Man was that caustic.

That was 10 years before I decided that I should stop drinking.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AndrewBeen
(those from Boston know how frightening that is)
7-11 and the Pilgrim Dinner were our stops.
3 AM At the Pilgrim, my friend ordered the special...mashed potato and meatloaf.

Just as the plate was placed in front of him, he passed out. Face first into the mashed with gravy. The others in the group looked to me and said..shall we pull him out or leave him? *LOL*
Old 09-27-2005, 11:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

You know if I had to choose a food to pass out into face first, mashed potatoes would be VERY high on my list.

Yes, best, 7-11 for sure -- betta' yet: "Sto'ah Twenty-Fo'ah". Especially those oh-so-fresh cheese steak subs nuked to perfection on the premises. "Vomit bag with your sandwich, sir?"