Notices

drink again

Old 02-20-2023, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

drink again

well I failed today I'm drinking and using tonight. maybe I need to go to rehab I feel so compelled to drink and get high. I fished weed I had submerged weed in toilet water then put in lake then when the ice melted I fished the weed out of lake wet out of a container, then intended to smoke toilet weed I found some I forgot I had and smoked that instead. If that isn't powerlessness I don't know what is. I'm also ironic chatting with the girl from work o.mn line I guess she wasn't offended at all. she said awe. leaving sober town on toilt weed said nobody ever.
David
Old 02-20-2023, 05:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If rehab is an option why not take it David?
Sounds like you need a circuit breaker right now, and rehab could be exactly that.

D
Old 02-20-2023, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers David….
Old 02-20-2023, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If something isn’t working, try something else, right? Like Dee says, you sound like you’re in need of a hard reset- something to get you out of your cycle of misery. Is rehab an option? I know you were happy and grateful in your sobriety, I have to believe you can get back to that. Do whatever you can, you are worth every effort.
Old 02-21-2023, 05:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

last night was beyond awful I texted that ladie again and this time I said things of a sexual nature. woke up to text I don't remember writing. didn't remember what I wrote here last time even. the things I said were awful this time I am so ashamed of what I said. I was dry heaving at 3 am didn't even eat last night thank God I didn't eat. I feel beyond awful right now.
David
Old 02-21-2023, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did send a text apologized and explained what happened. feel so bad for what I said.
David
Old 02-21-2023, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

everything hurts this morning. don't have any answers. going to try again
David
Old 02-21-2023, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope you find your way out, David.

You can stop digging that hole any time you want, ya know?
Old 02-21-2023, 07:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

David - You have further proof of what happens every time you pick up. Why go any further. As bim said, stop digging.
Once you admit to yourself that you can't allow it in your system, you can begin to rise above what happened and heal. Let's do it.
Old 02-21-2023, 10:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm awake and feeling better. I'm going to make it this time. last night was miserable I never want feel that way again. im done. today's a new day.
David
Old 02-21-2023, 02:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We'll never have different results when we choose to experiment with it. We know where it's always going to take us. I hope you won't put yourself through this nightmare again, David.
Old 02-21-2023, 07:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

it's doesn't make sense I believed the fantasy about drinking but got what I always got,only it was so much worse. I hate who I become when I drink, I throughly hate the things I say. I said such lewd and horrible things to this nice girl and I feel so ashamed. I so badly want to make amends for my actions yesterday. this is not who I am or whom I want to be. it's not fun anymore just incredible sad. I don't know what i need to do differently to stay sober. I'm not going to rehab yet but if this keeps happening I'll go for sure. I really don't think It nessary I think last night needed to happen. this time was 100 times worse than last.
David
Old 02-21-2023, 07:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats done is done David.
Beating yourself up over and over, and thinking of yourself as a bad person, just makes it easier to drink again.

Amends will have to be made but as you're doing the 12 steps I think its right to wait until you hit that step.
At least talk to your sponsor about It.

D
Old 02-22-2023, 05:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 100 View Post
last night was beyond awful I texted that ladie again and this time I said things of a sexual nature. woke up to text I don't remember writing. didn't remember what I wrote here last time even. the things I said were awful this time I am so ashamed of what I said. I was dry heaving at 3 am didn't even eat last night thank God I didn't eat. I feel beyond awful right now.
David
Oh man. The sexual texts. Those are the things that haunt me the most from my last blow outs. The thing I found was that when the sexual stuff started to happen and I was just losing total control of my behaviour when under the influence, it really was an alarmingly rapid deterioration of my behaviour. I went from having some consequences, but ones I could get past, to a shed load and some that will really stick with me - and that all happened in virtually no time at all. You need something to tweak that saturated brain to get the last ounce of pleasure - it's not responding to alcohol as well anymore so let's provoke another human to ratchet things up. Whether that be sexual stuff, anger or just plain badgering with bullsh!t drunk talk. Ugh.

I know you don't need any more warnings cos you know where this goes. But I felt it might be useful for me to relay my own experience and to caution you against exposing yourself to all of the pain I exposed myself to. You still have the chance to avoid most of it. Beating yourself up mercilessly is certainly pointless, though. If you're gonig to expend all of that energy on that you may as well just go to rehab. In fact, I think that would be a fantastic idea.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

well I found out today that my drunken texts got around work and everyone knows . my boss doesn't know yet. at this point I don't really care. I never acted this insane before I hate this illness. I'm so exhausted so tired,I'm truly done this is horrible. I haven't called my sponsor I'm just to ashamed afraid he's going to fire me. I feel so fragile and I couldn't take that right now. the idea of drinking/using makes me ill just thinking about it. I stay sober for good this is last time I will feel this way.
David
Old 02-22-2023, 10:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

David - The person who sent those texts was not the authentic you. I turned myself into a different person when I drank - and some things I did horrify me to this day. It's terrifying how we lose our inhibitions. Not only embarrassing, but dangerous. We can't keep putting ourselves through this.

Old 02-22-2023, 12:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fear and secrets can drive us back to using.

I understand you feel ashamed but your sponsor has been there for you every step of the way.
Give them some credit David - reach out.

D