Notices

Still drinking - Don't know what to do

Old 06-30-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your sober time, whatever day it is

I'm glad you're working with someone, posting here, and thinking about a plan cos (not to discourage you) I'm sure you realise there are going to be days when you'll be tested more than others at least for a while.

It's good to have reinforcements to call on

D
Old 06-30-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on your sober time, whatever day it is

I'm glad you're working with someone, posting here, and thinking about a plan cos (not to discourage you) I'm sure you realise there are going to be days when you'll be tested more than others at least for a while.

It's good to have reinforcements to call on

D
She is a close friend of my Niece. They went to school together and remained friends till this day. She is not an addict of any kind, but explained to me that we all have things to work on in life and what worked for her was singing and God. I actually sang with her years ago when I was in NY. She lost a brother to an overdose. I knew her brother as well. So, she is in her own sort of recovery and now living just 2 hours from me here. We plan to do more singing and she wants me involved in her Church playing guitar. Isn't that funny how things come together?
Old 06-30-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is - enjoy the music, along with the recovery, and the fellowship of other believers

D
Old 06-30-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Listen brother I'm sorry to hear about suicide thing or what not but if you want to heal first and foremost you got to stop the booze yes it's going to suck especially if you've been boozing for a while the withdrawals are different for everybody in my experience my last withdrawal was horrible that being said I am on day 57 things are much clearer I'm more focused I feel better look better I promise you take it one day at a time there ain't no magic pill that's garbage to a certain degree to each his own but like everybody else is saying number one thing stop the bosom I know it's easier said than done I don't have insurance neither I went cold turkey which I read is probably not the smartest thing to do but if you're that determined to get well you will do it have somebody check on you every hour every day something your first week is going to be your office after that it gets greater later I promise you
Old 06-30-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Listen brother I'm sorry to hear about suicide thing or what not but if you want to heal first and foremost you got to stop the booze yes it's going to suck especially if you've been boozing for a while the withdrawals are different for everybody in my experience my last withdrawal was horrible that being said I am on day 57 things are much clearer I'm more focused I feel better look better I promise you take it one day at a time there ain't no magic pill that's garbage to a certain degree to each his own but like everybody else is saying number one thing stop the bosom I know it's easier said than done I don't have insurance neither I went cold turkey which I read is probably not the smartest thing to do but if you're that determined to get well you will do it have somebody check on you every hour every day something your first week is going to be your office after that it gets greater later I promise you
Thank you! I first tried with medication and doctors help and relapsed right away. I am doing this with the help of family and friends. Withdrawals aren't there at all. My body is handling well, but my mind is mixed up right now. I know it will get better. You take care and keep sober with me!