Notices

Brand new

Old 10-10-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
Thank you so, so much for the support. I held off and didn't drink. It was shocking. Im sincerely shocked. and I know it's because of all of your support. I'm going home to bed now (it's easier to sleep/lie there than wish I had some wine in front of the tv). I kept thinking about how someone the other day on horrible night #1 of sobriety said if I made it through that, I never would have to again. So that pulled me back from a disaster. Thank you God!!!!!
Awesome! And that’s how you add one day after the other and it gets easier and easier!
Old 10-10-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
Awesome! And that’s how you add one day after the other and it gets easier and easier!
I feel like this was my greatest achievement...in my life!
Old 10-10-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so happy to read this, Sohard.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day three done with

How are you doing Sohard? I'm in there there with you all the way. Just finished with day three sober (again) here in South Africa. Liver pain and spleen hurts. But I know it will get better; this is certainly not my first attempt at detox. How about you? Any pain? Keep in touch.
Corrie (Pretoria, SAfrica)
Good luck.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:09 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by corriec View Post
How are you doing Sohard? I'm in there there with you all the way. Just finished with day three sober (again) here in South Africa. Liver pain and spleen hurts. But I know it will get better; this is certainly not my first attempt at detox. How about you? Any pain? Keep in touch.
Corrie (Pretoria, SAfrica)
Good luck.
Good work on three days! No pain, thank god. I'm just glad I still haven't slipped!
Old 10-15-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Utter craziness. I stopped by my 80 year old mother's home this evening to put in some light bulbs. She asked me to open a bottle of wine for her before I left. I went and got her wine opener, which had a cork lodged deep inside. After pulling and twisting, I eventually used my teeth to break it free (I never had this problem bc I would buy twist off to get to my wine quicker). I used her now available wine opener to open her a new bottle, pour her a glass, and go on my merry way. All fine, right? Even impressive, right??

Half way home I started thinking nutso thoughts, like: there was probably old wine on that cork I finally got free. So, I sort of cheated accidentally if I got any on my tongue when I pulled it off with my teeth, right? So, maybe I should drink now and start fresh tomorrow. God damnit!