Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

What Alcohol was you consuming at the end days of your drinking ?

Notices
View Poll Results: What Price Range Was The Alcohol In At The End Of Your Drinking
The Most Expensive Brands On Earth
3.89%
Big Brand Names
47.08%
Lesser Known Brand Names/ Supermarket's Own Brand
49.03%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

What Alcohol was you consuming at the end days of your drinking ?

Old 10-15-2020, 08:28 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I was a garbagehead. I drank anything.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:18 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
The cheap nasty stuff; vodka, beer and wine. I had an enormous methamphetamine addiction leaving broke most of the time.
Noticed your sig line: slot car racing.... didn't know that was a thing anymore!
Old 10-24-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Vodka. $5.99 for a fifth. Cheap. Store brand diet ginger ale. Was drinking about a fifth a night.
Old 12-28-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Mostly vodka (in martinis because I convinced myself this was classier) occasionally tequila, beer or whiskey. Honestly, if all there was to drink was a wine cooler or even just a nip of some nasty liquor, I wouldn't have turned it down. I was only picky when I could afford to be.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

tried everything

I eventually ended up with Pinnacle Vodka as it's the best bang for the buck. Also switched to Gatorade sugar free as a mixer as sugar was a trigger for a hangover. Still can't control myself no matter what I try. Resigned to the fact I will just die before my time
Old 01-13-2021, 09:25 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I drank EVERYTHING. I orbited between about a dozen liquor stores, convenience stores, supermarkets, and got vodka, whiskey, rum, gin, or beer as the mood hit me. The only thing I turned my nose up at was some kind of vile green colored schnapps. That was too much even for me.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:27 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Lots of Cheap Vodka!!
Old 02-05-2021, 05:12 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I drank about 14. 7.2 50cl beers.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:47 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Cases and cases of beer! The expensive ones at around 8% or more abv
Old 02-17-2021, 12:06 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

When i was detoxing i even drank some listerine and such things (several years ago, 5 at least). Luckily it seems that it has hadn't any lasting effects from what they could see when i drank 2-3 years ago, i was detoxing, fell asleep watching a show, woke up with blood on my wall and it was smeered on the floor. knowing me i tried to stand up as soon as the accident happened because it's just the way i was tought. I was through a detox after a bender but the funny thing is that it was all over by then, the shakes and the feeling of feeling like ****. I remember seeing a quark between my legs so i don't know what happened. They did see though that i had raised liver valiues. which is understandable.
I had to get stitches. I gave it 10-12 hours to stop bleeding but that didn't happened so i walked to the hospital after a while and they said holy bee*. sorry if this is the wrong thread, could somebody please move it if so?
Old 02-20-2021, 07:54 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I mostly drank a lot of beer but after a while I started getting into straight vodka with chase. That's when things really started to get out of control.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:02 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

It always goes worse doesn't it itsaguy? i started with beers and then it went into 7.2 beers and well that's about it, whisky after a few days of bender. Rerember so much we can accomplish without alcohol in our lives. It might be silly things as cleaning our just having the moment to calm down and watch a show without thinking, where the beep will my next drink come from?
Old 03-18-2021, 08:36 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Red wine for me. Cabernet.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:17 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I thought I was a class act when I first started drinking! Seagrams VO when I started! Forget that I was a falling down drunk! I was a class act cause I drank Seagrams VO 😂!

At the end it was wild Irish rose, mag dog 20/20, anything I could get my hands on! Ended up on skid row! 😢!
Old 09-08-2021, 04:43 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Better late than never

Mostly beer, mead, and sometimes vodka. I wouldn't buy super expensive brands but would get the mid range believing it would cause less severe hangovers.
Honestly though there was nothing ever off limits for me and I would drink anything if it was around or offered.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Around the time I stopped drinking I was hiding hard seltzer in the garage and basement. During a social event, that allowed me to drink wine "casually" with family and friends, and then escape now and then to pound a hard seltzer or two. It also would ensure I could keep drinking after everyone had stopped, so it didn't "look like" I was drinking all the wine or beer. Hard liquor I'd drink at my brother's, because my wife would've had issues with that given my history of alcoholism. I was fully committed to "moderation management." Hard seltzer I also felt like was "cleaner" and would reduce withdrawal/hangover effects later (lies I told myself).

This all sounds completely insane writing it out.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:43 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Smirnoff vodka. I always bought it in 750 ml bottles. I felt that if I bought it in 1.5 liter bottles I’d see myself as much more hard core. I’m not sure the difference mattered in the long run.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Smarie78 View Post
When ABF would run out of booze or couldn't walk to the store he drank liters of mouthwash, along with cans of hairspray, aftershave, perfume, Vicks vapor liquid that we used for our humidifier, Axe body spray, red wine vinegar, all my baking extracts, hand sanitizing gel, and probably some other stuff I can't recall. Shocked the hell out of me the first time I witnessed coming home to my perfume bottles smashed and the house reeking of vomit mixed with any of the above. And every bender usually includes this behavior. To this day it's been the most shocking thing I've ever witnessed. (Even more than the time I was mugged at gun point). Some things just shock you more than you could ever prepare for.
and to think that's what I was unwittingly aspiring to...

no disrespect intended...
Old 10-28-2021, 08:04 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Sober since October 24, 1997

Reading through all the posts here, we come in all “shapes and sizes”, that's for sure!

I started out with vodka, and ended with vodka. At first it was more bang for the buck, and at the end it was more bang for the buck. A matter of simplicity and economics, since it was just the ethanol I was after, nothing more. In between age 19 when I started and age 47 when I quit, I investigated various ways of keeping it as simple and cheap as possible. The absolutely cheapest source of ethanol I ever found was making it myself in the form of lemon wine, about 75 gallons a year. I lived in a vast lemon-farming area where the lemons I used for pH control plus flavor were free, and I bought sugar and bread yeast to ferment into ethanol. At about 12% alcohol content, it did the trick. Beer was convenient, but hard to get rid of the cans until they started making them out of aluminum that I took to a recycling center. Getting rid of vodka bottles was no big deal at all. I bought the cheapest vodka in the 1.75 liter size bottles, and then while sitting in my car in the parking lot, I used a funnel to transfer the vodka into 2-liter size club soda bottles. When I was done, I tossed the empty vodka bottles in parking lot trash cans. I had it all figured out. Part of my chemistry education helped in making the wine because I had to take biology and pharmacology. We were never directly taught how to make wine, but understanding sanitary procedures and how microbes such as yeast grow, were. How's that old Dow Chemical saying go? "Better living through chemistry". Well, I was a more economical and professional drunk through chemistry: "Drunker quicker, cheaper, and longer."
Old 11-08-2021, 06:56 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Started with two beers in the afternoon, than a few bottles of italian red wine. Barolo and Amarone.