Notices

Big Life Changes Support Group

Old 04-19-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sorry, Fantail.

I received an email yesterday telling me I didn't get the rural route carrier position.

Venecia, fingers crossed for you.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

I kinda fell out of the loop here - literally lol.

Sorry about the mail job SP and about your interview fantail.

D
Old 04-19-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
now's the time

Sorry to hear that.

I'm feeling better today. Getting through disappointments is still kind of a revelation to me!
Old 04-19-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
now's the time

Whoa! I just got a message literally as I was checking this thread that I got another call back with that company. I'm not usually that far off base with my gut feeling about things. Maybe the other candidates did even worse?
Old 04-19-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you good juju fantail

D
Old 04-22-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey, guys. Checking in. It's one of those days I'm racing around to accomplish as much as I possibly can before bedtime. It's just another off-work day for me. I am cleaning off the kitchen porch and getting my new plants in their planters and set up in the best locations out there. I'm getting rid of our old outdoor furniture and replacing with new Adirondack chairs and table, and a new outdoor rug. They'll be here in a week or so. I'm going to coat them with Danish oil, to preserve the wood. It will be sort of a fun project.

I'm furious with my husband lately. As I rush around to change things in our house, I see all his clutter and I'm having to move it around and clean out from under it. It really enrages me that I have to do this. It helps to imagine him gone. For now, anyway. If I can get all this stuff cleaned up, and survive it, without killing him, maybe there will be a way for us to live together peacefully when all is done. And if not, then good riddance. Either way, I'm cleaning it up one area at a time. I told him there will be war if he attempts to put anything out there in the porch area after it's cleaned up.

I've talked with the manager at work and he understands I want 25 hours per week. I was very clear with him. He is going to work with me. So, at least there's that. I might not love the job, but, it could be much worse. One fact is that I'm getting a tremendous amount of fresh air and exercise. I am in great physical shape. I like knowing I'm getting exercise while I'm making money. It's a huge incentive.

I'm also going through my jam-packed closet and pulling out things I don't wear, to list on eBay for sale, or to donate. I've made lots of progress already. I got rid of tons of shoes already. All my shoes are now organized. I am ruthlessly going through every inch of that walk-in closet.

I measured the flower bed for the landscape fabric/weed barrier material. I've never used this stuff before, so it's all new to me. I'm reading about it online. I'm getting some super thick fabric that won't break down. It's supposed to contain the weeds. Then you pour the mulch on top. I hope it works. It's a lot of hard work. My husband claims he's too tired from work to help much, so I'm pretty much on my own. Again, really angry with him about this, so I'm cussing under my breath as I work. Doesn't really help much but maybe it diffuses the rage.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
Whoa! I just got a message literally as I was checking this thread that I got another call back with that company. I'm not usually that far off base with my gut feeling about things. Maybe the other candidates did even worse?
Wondering if you got an offer...
Old 04-22-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm sorry I haven't been checking in here J....

Now that Vcat is more or less diagnosed, I need to make sure I look after myself, and keep moving forward.
That's also the best way that I can look after her.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear from you, V! How is Venus? What is going on with her? I have been wondering...
Old 04-22-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Me too, Venus. What is happening with your cat?

Jennie, you sound like you have a good plan for getting the house organized inside and out, even if your husband is kind of in the way. You are really putting your energy to good use, and continuing to prepare for the future.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I should have gotten back to you J, and I didn't.
I was feeling a little overwhelmed after posting here after the vet the other day.

Vcat has a head tremor/twitch Anna, and her balance hasn't been good.

I had two vets consulting, one of whom has over 40 years experience.
They believe Vcat has a brain injury from the abuse she received as a kitten.
Neither of them think she is a good candidate for anaesthesia at this point, so the extensive tests they could do to be certain are not an option.

Neither of them believe she is in any pain, and they are going to do regular checks to keep an eye on her balance and co-ordination. They had suggested fortnightly....but I have spoken to my vet again since then, and we have agreed on monthly visits.

I really hate the person who abused her.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
now's the time

Nope, no offer yet, but two more rounds of interviews. So I won't know anything for a while yet. These processes are exhausting!

I'm amazed by all of the house stuff that you're accomplishing. It sounds like you've got a ton of momentum going. I'm not sure if I recall correctly, but you're fixing it up to try to sell it, correct?

Venus what's happening with Venus kitty? I'm glad you're taking care of yourself.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
now's the time

Oops, cross-posted. I'm sorry that she's having trouble, V, but glad that she isn't in pain.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Bless her heart. It's hard to accept that there are people in the world who would abuse an innocent, loving animal. I am glad she isn't in pain, V.

Good for you for getting her to the vets. I know that wasn't pleasant.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Two rounds of interviews? Wow. Pulling for you, Fantail.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm having coffee on my clean porch this morning. Victory! Lol.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Venus, I'm with you on hating the person who did that to your little cat. I'm so glad she's not in pain and hopefully it won't be a problem if her balance is off a bit.

Enjoy your lovely, tidy porch, Jennie! You earned it!
Old 04-23-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thank you Jennie and Anna!! s

Coffee on a clean porch sounds divine J ~ I decided to treat myself and I finally replaced my broken Delonghi Retro Espresso machine, and I am in coffee heaven myself here.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
now's the time

Speaking of cats, there's one that lives in this big converted house with me. Belongs to a woman upstairs. I made the mistake of playing him the sample of this: Music For Cats

Now he's obsessed with me. I'm a little allergic and also I have an air mattress, so I won't let him in my room... so he's just been out there meowing!
Old 04-23-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
now's the time

I applied for two more jobs today. One in particular I have my fingers crossed for, I'm super qualified and it's a good fit. (as opposed to the majority of job applications where I'm just kind of like, ummmm.... Sure I bet I could figure that out! No I never expect to hear from you. Have a good day.)