Notices

Worst nutrition

Old 10-13-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
zjw

my best advice to anyone who doesnt want to umm go nuts... is to eat real whole foods and exercise. IE if your going to eat ahem a non vegan diet use REAL butter eat REAL meat (no hot dogs or spam sorry) eat REAL veggies not some packaged seasoned up who knows what. eat the whole grain bread make your oat meal from scratch and throw ingrediants in that you know what they are etc.. Make your own REAL food basicly. If it came in a package dont eat it hows that? lol.

But as for worst foods? I can relate to the whole roast one. I used to roast up a corned beef brisket in the oven and devour the whole thing in a sitting then felt awfu l from the salt for days . Entire pizzas no problem. Tons of chicken wings, SPAM? loved me some spam. cheesesteak sandwhiches buckets of fries from mcdonalds (remember those OMG) or just go to taco bell and say give me 20 worth etc..

yeah needless to say when i decided to get my act together many times when i craved something terrible i'd remind myself that i already ate that like a 8239213219 times and now i was trying to finally work it off. lol.

or come to the dark side and go vegan ! lol.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I wouldn't eat either, just drink.
But the next day was baaaaad!!!! Pizza, burgers and anything else I could get, probably 3000 cals.
I'm surprised I only gained 10-15 lbs, but I'm a really healthy eater and pretty active when I'm not hungover.
Working on losing this extra weight too
Old 10-13-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

When Z opens his farm I vote that he gives all SR members a discount on his produce!

I do plan to switch to some type of diet involving real un-processed foods though. Hopefully soon. Living in a remote town has its disadvantages.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah as is i give away tons of produce each year. I like grow it all just so i can have good eats then I just give the rest away. I know sooner or later i'll have to sell it I hope anyhow that will mean its finally my new job!!! but for now i totally enjoy giving it away for free. One year money was so tight i was worried i'd have to start selling and was sad i'd have to charge people for it. But i squeeked by and hten this summer i've done ok so i gave it away again.

I did a low carb diet before i did this vegan stuff. Either way I learned I have to almost always have something i can easily grab to eat. if i go somewhere I have to think about how long i'll be out what if i get hungry while i'm out is there any place i can stop along the way to get good eats or should I just pack my own food?

I showed up at my grandparents house once with a tupperwear full of my own food and yes my fork too. they thought i was insane. I was like nope Ijut prefer to eat good stuff and by doing this I ensure that i wont run into a situation where i have to eat garbage.

I did read a book recently tho. a guy whos a vegan ultra endurance athlete and an recoverying alcholic (finding ultra by rich roll) and he had a time where was out on like a 50 mile run and he got halfway in figured he'd go get some food and his debit card got declined. anyone who does sports lke this knows that this spells trouble no gas int he tank basicly to get yourself home. He resorted to eating half eaten cheese burgers and fries out of the trash can to fuel him to get home (yes a crazy vegan eating burgers from the trash lol) he says in hindsite he shoudl ahve just asked for a few bucks from someone or something .

But i got a kick out of the story proper planning helps but in the end sometimes $hit happens!! just gotta go with it and make it work somehow and move forward!
Old 10-13-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
zjw

the rich roll story reminds me of another one tho. when i was a kid i went with my aunt and uncle to a concert at a park . i was like 4 years old. and they neglected to pack drinks for us kids all they packed was coors light for them. We where thirsty. they shrugged there shoulders and handed us a beer each. Yeah 4 years odl there i was doing my first 12 ounce curl! i didnt like the taste much but i was thirsty so i drank it.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow zjw they would have been photographed and all over social media and pretty much crucified if that happened these days.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
zjw

haha yeah i guess it was totally ok back then? different times. my brother was about 6 or 7 and i was 4 or so.

yeah these days can you say CPS! lol. in hindsite CPS probably should have come and removed me form my house for multiple reasons. I woulda called as a kid but just assumed i'd get beat even worse for a stunt like that. In hindsite I mighta been better off who knows.

But I'd hope that my parents woulda learned there lesson but oh well whats done is done.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
the rich roll story reminds me of another one tho. when i was a kid i went with my aunt and uncle to a concert at a park . i was like 4 years old. and they neglected to pack drinks for us kids all they packed was coors light for them. We where thirsty. they shrugged there shoulders and handed us a beer each. Yeah 4 years odl there i was doing my first 12 ounce curl! i didnt like the taste much but i was thirsty so i drank it.
Right? I got "rewarded" at 10 with beer...couldn't handle the taste and snuck outside to pour it in the dogs water bowl. Nothing rational at all about being afraid I'd be caught NOT drinking the beer at the age of 10.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Eat breakfast. Roots, grains, and seeds are not vegetables. Neither are tomatoes. Variety is the key. Watch the sodium(there's so much of it in processed food).
Old 10-13-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Old 10-13-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

bp and j has been my fav food at the moment I know its not exactly health food but I have had very little desire to cook or even go out to a nice restaurant since I quit drinking. I think it reminds me too much of drinking wine..... cooking a nice, big meal while downing a bottle and opening another for dinner or checking out the wine list as soon as I get to the restaurant. I have been eating a lot more fruit since it helps with the sugar cravings and no cooking needed. Hope to get to the point where I want to go out to nice restaurants again.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I used to eat the large bags of pizza rolls in a sitting. I would be swollen the next day from all the salt. Then I would switch to the alcohol only diet. Great way to look like a zombie.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The 'healthier' foods that are WORSE than full-fat versions | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-14-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I never ate junk......I always at least made dinner and a mess. This summer I discovered red beets......I roast them cool them cut them up and pour strawberry vingarette on them ......wow.....so earthy. It's my new favorite vegetable.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Debbie329 View Post
I never ate junk......I always at least made dinner and a mess. This summer I discovered red beets......I roast them cool them cut them up and pour strawberry vingarette on them ......wow.....so earthy. It's my new favorite vegetable.
I blend them in smoothies they up your endurance when doing endurance sports. I'll blend one or juice one 2 hours prior to doing the activity. thats when its at its peek in your system.

Beets are good if you can stomach the flavor. I bet roasted tastes better lol.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Still trying to start the diet. Didnt do so well last night.

This morning though making decisions here and there, at breakfast this morning at our meeting here at work, I skipped over the meat, sausages, bacon etc. and chose fruits instead.

Im also making the decision not to buy any pre-cooked food whether packaged or cooked at the store here, because its usually very high in grease and salt.

How are all of you doing with nutrition today?
Old 10-14-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I love beets!

Nothing else tastes like a beet

*munches trail mix*
Old 10-14-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm telling ya, get the myfitness pal app so you can track your diet for a few weeks and see exactly what areas you need to focus on.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Kallistia View Post
I love beets!

Nothing else tastes like a beet

*munches trail mix*
Yeah sometimes I feel a little beet before I put them in my smoothie then I tell my kids a hamster accidentally got in the blender thats why its red.

Breakfast for me? pile of spinach chard kale and bok choy in the blender topped with pineapple then as many bananas as i could stuff in then a scoop of hemp protein for 64ounces of awesome!! about to make something simlier for lunch
Old 10-14-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

You just made my 12 oz gnc protein shake look like a joke

My son would flip his **** - he has hamsters