Notices

Work performance meeting Tuesday

Old 02-24-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It's over. I don't really want to talk about it except to say no one asked me to sign anything.

I feel like my relationship with them is unmendable, and it's mostly my fault at this point.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

well, at least it's over right? whatever the outcome was, it's over. Hope you're ok
Old 02-24-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Everything will be okay in the end. If its not okay it is not the end.

I try to apply that to all area's of life.

Be kind to yourself.
xx
Old 02-24-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Time to drug myself to sleep to wake up and do it all over again.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Alaina,
I am just reading through this topic now and I see the meeting is over with and that you didn't sign anything. Hopefully you can still get union representation even if it seems unmendable, as you say.
What I want to say is about the depression and your father's death. I'm guessing that at least part of what you are going through is serious grief. It makes or worsens mental fog, mimics depression, depletes motivation, and a lot more. If you can find a free grief support group it might be helpful. I found it to be. Also there are a lot of online resources and books that can be supportive. Grief is a process, it takes time, and there are lots of adjustments everyone left behind has to make.
I lost a parent shortly after I began my sobriety. It took every ounce of everything I had to get myself to work each day and try to focus on the work. Most days I was at 60% of my usual capacity, max. Over time that improved.
You may indeed have depression that pre-existed, but anyone who has lost a parent is likely to have some level of grief reaction and unfortunately it can affect work. However it's temporary. I just think our world is a little cruel-hearted about it, assuming we take a week or two off then come back as if nothing happened. Hopefully the union will be on your side as regards this aspect.
Granted there are no doubt things you did to create the situation at work, whether that be from grief or other habits. Happened to me, too, but I'm working my way back slowly.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Another day...another day one. Let's see how this goes...