Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part VI: "Raging Bull"

Old 08-27-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Why I want to spend my time with drunks?
Who do you want to spend your time with?
Old 08-27-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

cow, I believe my body was pretty messed up when I got sober. I didn't feel right for about year. I had lots of gastro disturbances. I had to be careful with food. a lot made me sick. I don't tolerate many medicines. my damaged healed. mostly.

XXOO Lenina
Old 08-27-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Bunny, you question just destroy me...cuz I not could think of anybody. Not cuz of them, cuz of me.

Lenina, yes, I hope so. I does best on ketogenic diet for both seizures and blood sugar stability. But is OH SO HARD. I mean, talk about deprivations. Is like, sure, you not can have you drugs, but hey also, you can only eat like 3 foods. Good luck with that!

Bim, thank you for not inciting riot on my thread! God know we been there before! Has you notice, we go this WHOLE thread so far and Mr. D not has to intervene once! No tell me that not freaking progress!

PS. I should has say that for poem I half write/half steal today, that M. Scott is from amazing Scottish band Waterboys.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Trach, I don't want to spend time with drunks either. Almost all my friends are sober. I do have a few who are still suffering and I'll be there when they are ready. A good friend of mine went out a few weeks ago. She says she's lonely and bored. We spent some time talking. I gave her my best thoughtful philosophical experience. I do know that once alcohol turns on one, there's no going back. She's smart and pretty, but I could see the alcohol taking her face. Puffy and red and dull.

meantime, I'm sober, I look fresh as one can at my age. I'm content and even joyful at times. I like sober people. I have lots of fun with people in recovery.

Love from Lee
Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

lol, cow - Dee has been offline.

But you're right, no need for more drama. Nothing in life is black or white.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Bunny, you question just destroy me...cuz I not could think of anybody. Not cuz of them, cuz of me.
I thought it might Who was I channeling? Hint: when he'd ask me sh!t like that, I'd cry & cry & cry.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

cow, maybe it's the ultimate freedom of the choiceless? You don't have to think much about it, you know you can have the three foods. Maybe mix it up with textures? Can you add spices or flavorings? I like a chopped salad. I like soups. Can you like fish?

Surely a dietician can help figure this out? Texture, temperature, consistency?

re our Dee. Yes, he's been moving and offline but he is clever. He gets reports and knows you are/we are behaving in the high standards he expects of us.

XXOO. Moowah
Old 08-27-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Cow, I do paleo eating mostly to help with my blood sugar. I've noticed your foods mentioned are usually proteins like raw egg, liver What else do you eat? Oh yeah, the juices.

When I eat 90% paleo I feel WAY better than if I don't pay attention to it. I eat fruits too. But it's hard to say no to ice-cream and cakes.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
lol, cow - Dee has been offline.

Cow thought she was getting away with something.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Gimme some credit. I didn't get any elephant ears.

Cow, that's a fried flat bread thingy.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm getting type 2. Runs in the family. God bless my father.

Cou, for the last few years, I've been happiest alone.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

WTF?! D no asks me if he can take time off?! Here I thinking whole time that I total doing him proud with serious reduction of obscene languaging and total lack of cage fights in my thread. Son of bitch!

SJ, paleo is okay, doable, but keto is brutal. Is just meat, egg, fat and greens, like under 30 carb/day. And I not can do spices cuz even simple thing like pepper or cinnamon aggravate my seizure disorder. But, you know, getting back down to total prison food mentality where I just "eat for sustenance" maybe good for Cow, at least for now.

Trach, I never would say "happiest" about anything. But I probable most comfortable alone also. But I not think that healthy.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Cow, Dee was forced to move. Not his choice. Lots of turmoil. but he remains dali lama like inspite of this. so we do him proud and he doesn't have to fret about us.

I'm proud we haven't devolved into laws of the jungle and bad taste.

love you anyways
Old 08-27-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

no doubt Big D has a proxy-watcher working for him, stealthily...

hm. kinda ironic, all of you who don't want to hang out with drunks and here we are, hanging out together. with drunks.
had a coffee get-together today, too, with a real-life long-term sober drunk (well, he can't do coffee, so had an herbal chai latte). always good for me. and for him.

we do the drunks-hanging-out-together-thing well.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good lord, keto would drive me bonkers, Cow. I dont see how you do it. I nearly went off the deep end a couple years ago on a short term keto diet. Brutal... yes, it sure is.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Good lord, keto would drive me bonkers, Cow. I dont see how you do it. I nearly went off the deep end a couple years ago on a short term keto diet. Brutal... yes, it sure is.
seems the brain does better with some carbs.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Fini, there's a huge difference between drunks and alcoholics. I like Alcoholics. We are in recovery. we've been to the bottom of the abyss and lived to tell. Drunks are still active in their misery.

does this make sense to you?

XXOO Lenina
Old 08-27-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Trach, I never would say "happiest" about anything. But I probable most comfortable alone also. But I not think that healthy.
I would say happiest. I don't think it's healthy either. That's what it is, though.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
I'm proud we haven't devolved into laws of the jungle and bad taste.
Is you kidding? Is Lord of Freaking Flies now, bitch! First off, I say, we need diarrhea emoticon. Second, No. More. Showers. Third, I nominate to remove p*ss from taboo word filter. Cuz, come on, serious? Pissed is okay? But not p*ss? WTF?

Moo Mwah, belove Mr. D, wherever you is.

Fini, is very well proven by scientific study that people with seizure disorder is benefit by ketogenic diet.

Trach, I understands.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

hey, my whole career has been Lord of the Flies! In fact, I may be the Fly Queen of the island!

Bathing is good! Give me a good loofah and I'll take that layer of crust right off you! I'll rub Badger Balm on your temples and make you sniff Bach flower remedies.

I am brutal when the cow chips are down......

XXOO.