Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part VI: "Raging Bull"

Old 08-26-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Hi Cow! I have been remiss these past few days and am just catching up on the Life of Cow. I am sorry to hear about your stumble. I also know your thoughts on AA and the like.

I live on the East Coast and am hoping to plan a visit to Kripalu soon. It is a wonderful place to get away and to cleanse the mind, body, and spirit. Here is their website: Kripalu - Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health—Get inspired. Explore fresh perspectives emotional wellness, physical health, and spiritual sustenance.

Do you have any spa retreats where you are? I do believe Canyon Ranch may be close by to you but I also understand they are super expensive. Kripalu is fairly inexpensive for what you get.

Maybe a getaway for you to a place similar to a Kripalu could do you good (no alcohol, no tv, no distractions, etc.) Just good clean living for however long you can swing it!

Thinking of you, Cow xoxoxo
Old 08-26-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Why you go to AA if AA make you wanna drink?
OH, GOD! I so get that! Why I want to spend my time with drunks?

OH, Help! I'm channeling Cow!

Love you, bovinilicious.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

the LifeRing meetings i used to go to sometimes "made" me want to drink. i figured out it was solely because of the one-hour solid focus on drinking/not drinking/relapse (someone invariably had)...that kind of stuff

it could trigger an urge.
i didn't generally mind that, though it could be a bit tough for a while. it gave me a chance to "exercise the sobriety muscle", which is how i thought of it at the time.

and the support i got there, the benefit, far outweighed the couple of crappy hours afterwards when it "made" me want to drink.

helped me see, too, that really the meeting didn't produce the urge; i did, inside. a reaction.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by fini View Post
helped me see, too, that really the meeting didn't produce the urge; i did, inside.
Right. The urges come from me. The meeting can be a good place to let them come out in the open and look at them, with people around who won't respond to your desire by pouring you a double. I'm not however at all interested in trying to get you to an AA meeting, Cow.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

The meeting can be a good place to let them come out in the open and look at them,

yes, i found that, too. it made it easier to detach from the urge, stand aside a bit and study myself having this "gottadrinkgottagottawannadrink!!! thing going on.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
quat

If cow showed up at a meeting, it would probably end about 15 min earlier than usual, and 75 percent of the attendants would find themselves at the nearest chick-fil-la.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Wednesday afternoon. How are you feeling today, Cow?
Old 08-27-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Well, my magic medicinal mushroom give me the diarrhea. ...Goddammit, magic mushrooms! But otherwise, Cow is sober and take care of business. Neurologist think episode of out of blue super mania was actual maybe subtle seizure activity. So, I gonna try what is call "chipper" of regular seizure med + 5mg Vallium if super mania strike again. Is bummer if seizure disorder is get worse, but he say is most probable just cuz I upset delicate alcoholic/stimulant balance that brain use to. He say he see this before in this cases. So, finger cross that it temporary, and if strike again, I contain it right away and not end up drinking, and, not end up hook on Vallium.

And now, here is poem for all precious SR Sweet Peas who, like Cow, is still in struggle:

Now you say you got trouble
Say you got pain
You say you got nothin' to believe in
Nothin' to hold on to
Nothin' to trust
Nothin' but chains.
You scour you conscience
Rake through you memories
But nothin' you find there
Say you ever be free.

Now I see that you waver
As you try to decide
You got war in you head
But you empty inside.
You trying to get to
Place you cannot see
Trying to make sense
But you not have the key.

But I hear a train comin’
Comin’ on down the line
And sure if you hurry
There still just enough time
And you not need no ticket
And you not pay no fee
Cuz that was the river
And you headed to sea.

*Special thanks to M. Scott
Old 08-27-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

*making mental note of medicinal mushroom effect*

I have looked at some of those mushrooms, Cow! Seems there was a magazine I used to get just full of them, and how to grow them. Lol. Well, hope you were able to be at home all day

Hooray for staying sober!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

No, I had 2 appointment! Praise Baby Jesus that Cow have exceptional sphincter control!

Also, in mushroom defense, it say to start on 1/2 dose, which I does, but, being Cow, I should has know to start with like 1 drop and work up. So, I gonna try again.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Ha!!!!

Glad you managed well, Cow.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Are those like the magic mushrooms that grow in cow patty in pastures where it's warm?

Because, couldn't you just like grow your own . . .being a cow and all. . .?

Better to be on Valium a little than what you've been going through.

I have been to my county fair three days in a row. I'm surprised that my digestive system isn't upset too. I never eat wheat - except the last three days. I usually don't eat more than a half serving of dairy a day either - except monster blackberry waffle cones were at the fair. So were ice cream nut sundaes on a stick. I had been staying away from sugar for a couple weeks beforehand - but please to review previous paragraph.

I woke today feeling exhausted and with a headache. Today is for recovery from food I have to stay away from. Ugh. Sandwiches, toffee-chocolate with nuts, Divinity, corn dog, kettle corn, corn on the cob, scones.. .. .. ..

.. .. .. but there were animals. Lots of every kind of farm animals. 4H dog stuff, draft horses, cow ponies, alpacas and llamas, cavies, snark bunnies, trachturtles, snakey snakes, iguanas, boas, COWS, sheep, goats, piglets (OhEmmGee, they were cute), donkeys, cats, chickens, ducks, so much fun for Bim.

There were dancers, magic guy, comedy, country music, Elvis tribute, Charlie Daniels Band (which I listened to outside the arena because $$$), one-man-band, guy on stilts dressed like a cowboy, flamenco jazz guitar, Mariachi band, lumberjacks, quilts, vegetables, hucksters, daredevil rides, hot tubs, luxury travel trailers for sale, flu shots, a petting zoo - I got to pet all kinds of critters, and talked to lots of interesting people.

Today I sit in front of my fan drinking unsweetened iced green tea and trying to decide if I want to go back again.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

That sounds like such a blast, Bim! You really captured the exciting atmosphere well.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Ice-cream nut sundaes on a stick... wow!! I need one of those Like, now. Sounds like an amazing time, Bimini!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

so, Cow? Are you telling us you can hold your own? Heeheee

OK. This mushroom thing? My roommate from 30 years ago, a dancer, had some mushroom thing in our fridge that she covered with cheesecloth and drained the "tea" off to drink? Smelled a little nasty to me but she swore it kept her healthy and vital. She was a plenty healthy girl. She could do a high kick that scared me silly! I thought sure her leg was gonna fly off and go over her head and out the roof. never did. she's quite healthily selling real estate in Encino these days.

I never knew if it caused her diarrhea, lots of supplements give me diarrhea. Be careful dear Cow. like you, I don't tolerate many meds.

love from Lenina
Old 08-27-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Bim! Of you decide to go back, take me! I would love that! I haven't been to a fair in years! Got to ride an elephant at the last one. It was either Del Mar fair or Pomona. I can't remember. both were good fairs. Oh yes, lots of very bad food but I didn't eat much back then. nothing appealed. Was sober then too.

love from Lenina
Old 08-27-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Lenina, what you roommate doing was kombucha, not really mushroom, but fermented yeast that is use to create probiotic liquid. I enjoy tang of kombucha, but way too lazy to make my own and too expensive to buy it.

No offenses, but Cow not think animal should ever be use for "rides" or entertainments. They is emotional/tribal creatures as worthy to be free as human. So, I has to boycott zoo, aquarium, Sea World, circus and such. I know we already go over this a lot, so let not get into it. I glad you out having good time.

PS. I total jealous you all can still eat the sweet and junk foods, is nobody diabetic or hypoglycemic from all they drinking, like Cow is?
Old 08-27-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I was thinking about going to the fair on Saturday. They say rain is coming, but when they say rain, they get my hopes up and then it doesn't rain. So maybe I will go.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I feel hypoglycemic at times, Cow.

I don't support zoos either, btw.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

decided not to post my argument about animal stuff in Cow's thread.

But, yes, I feels like crappola with a side of ick after eating all that stuff, though I'm not diabetic. It just doesn't agree with me, yummy though it is.