Notices

I did not make it .....

Old 04-13-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did not make it .....

Snuff and beer on the same day at the same time proved to be too much .

Very edgy ,I decided to go forward with the not drinking beer .

I feel not drinking is the most important .

Got a can of Copenhagen today .

Ill wait a while ,then kick that habit .
Old 04-13-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you actually believe the stuff you post?
Old 04-13-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think it is a good choice Karate. Drinking will get you in a lot of trouble. Hang in there.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i agree with huntingtontx hang in there, just put that can somewhere really akward, sit down with a pen/paper and start writing a list of pros and cons of drinking that beer. Be honest, dont leave any pros or negs out of your list, youll be surprised what effect this exercise can have.
You may find that by the time you are done, have written out all those pros and cons, the actual urge to open the can has been and gone. Either way, even IF you do choose to open and have that beer, youll have thought about it, youll have made a choice rather than just automatically acted.

Im beating my "need" for just popping a couple of pills at the moment by giving myself "5 more minutes", if i still want them in "5 more minutes", ill think again.. and then i give myself another "5 more minutes" ... in the meantime im finding stuff to do to distract myself. Read on here, play a mindless game, text a friend, have a look around the garden/walk up and down the street.. you get the picture.

I think if you allow yourself to have it, but wait it out your senses kick in and you realise that you dont really want it after all.

good luck youve come this far, you can take the next step on that ladder as well
Old 04-13-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The things we say when we are in our cups. I still however have no clue what snuff means.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

The longer you put it off the worse it's gonna get.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
The things we say when we are in our cups. I still however have no clue what snuff means.
Snuff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-13-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Im beating my "need" for just popping a couple of pills at the moment by giving myself "5 more minutes", if i still want them in "5 more minutes", ill think again.. and then i give myself another "5 more minutes" ... in the meantime im finding stuff to do to distract myself. Read on here, play a mindless game, text a friend, have a look around the garden/walk up and down the street.. you get the picture.
Awesome! you can do it Confused. Have you signed up for the 24 hours club yet?
We commit not to drink or drug for the next 24 hours and before you know it, those days do add up. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-welcome.html
Hang in there, it is difficult at the beginning but it will get easier
Old 04-13-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I waited until I had 7 months of sobriety before I gave up chew Karate. You don't have to wait that long but quitting both is very tough. I think you're right to focus on quitting drinking first
Old 04-13-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Matt, snuff is a form of tobacco. I believe a "pinch" of it is held between the gum and inside cheek.

Karate, it is very difficult to give up both alcohol and tobacco at the same time. you might focus on getting sober from alcohol.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-13-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Quitting tobacco is a huge trigger for me to drink. The first time I quit smoking I ended up using alcohol again. I am now on my 3rd attempt at getting off the nicotine and every time the urge to drink comes around again. Regroup and next time you try giving up the snuff you can be ready for renewed drinking urges.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

one step at a time one day at a time dont bite off more then you can chew.

I think i would have combusted if i tried to everything all at once.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Do you actually believe the stuff you post?

Why would you think that ?

So im posting for the aggravation of the people here ?

That's a lot of trouble just make a bunch of people mad I don't personally know ?

They just put my grandmother that I spent a lot of time with in ICU ,and yet im still not drinking .

Don't underestimate my resolve to accomplish things I set out to do .
Old 04-13-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Karate are you going to try and get sober? I just can't tell from your posts, which often promote moderation, taking shots of Crown but calling it sobriety, your countless plans, which every time lead you back to the same place - failure. I am sure this comes across as insensitive, which it is but you have been on this site for almost a year and nothing and I mean nothing has changed with you. I find no need to cut and paste to prove my point, its all in your post history - 9 months and you are at square one. I just hope for your sake that you have reached your bottom and are now going to give actual sobriety a chance.

I just read your response. I am sorry for your Grandmother but man there is always something. I applaud your not drinking but you don't seem to grape the concept that you have to make changes. You have tried your countless ways and they have all failed, every single attempt. Perhaps its time to try another approach?

I am frustrated with you because I have spent time and pages commenting on your struggles. Your stubborn resolves blocks you from growth and recovery though and I feel like everyone who has been around on this site can see this but you.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by karate View Post
Why would you think that ?

So im posting for the aggravation of the people here ?

That's a lot of trouble just make a bunch of people mad I don't personally know ?

They just put my grandmother that I spent a lot of time with in ICU ,and yet im still not drinking .

Don't underestimate my resolve to accomplish things I set out to do .
Hey Karate, really hope you are doing well, and I totally understand, this forum is meant to be a source of support but some people just don't get that.

All the best Karate and well done for not drinking.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

At least you seem resolved at trying, it's better than giving up and just doing it.

As I said in the last post, false starts and true starts are still just that, starts. If you really want to win at this you will need to defeat the biggest enemy you are facing which is time.

If you can stand the test of time you will have won the battle. String together several months of not touching a drop and you will have entered a whole new tournament. Right now you are still just in the Round Robin of a larger tournament.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Karate, your grandma is in my prayers. Never give up and don't let anyone discourage you. Some people have more false starts then others, but don't let that stop you. You can do this. Good on staying sober in time of distress.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Don't give up kudos to you for coming back. That takes a lot of courage.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sudz No More View Post
At least you seem resolved at trying, it's better than giving up and just doing it.

As I said in the last post, false starts and true starts are still just that, starts. If you really want to win at this you will need to defeat the biggest enemy you are facing which is time.

If you can stand the test of time you will have won the battle. String together several months of not touching a drop and you will have entered a whole new tournament. Right now you are still just in the Round Robin of a larger tournament.
Agreed , the drinking is a bunch easier to quit .

Just have to stop the habit of getting a beer on the way home after work .
Old 04-13-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Frank

Originally Posted by karate View Post
Agreed , the drinking is a bunch easier to quit .

Just have to stop the habit of getting a beer on the way home after work .
So, stop the habit. Drive home on a different route.