Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Anyone else get aches and pains over 2 months sober?

Notices

Anyone else get aches and pains over 2 months sober?

Old 02-16-2020, 06:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

still in pain

I really wonder what happened with AlwaysSober. He explained the feeling EXACTLY like I am experiencing it. It's sounds like you had some real reason to have pain i.e. your car wreck.
I'm having a very hard time with it, it's so bad it wakes in at night and I can't keep my legs still.

I HOPE it is detox and will one day cease!!
Old 02-19-2020, 01:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing! I have the same aches

Thanks everyone for sharing. I Googled looking for the same explanations. I have the same aches for the last 2 weeks, no energy and feel like I am about to get a cold/flu but haven't.

I am 77 days sober and this just recently started. I've been feeling great until now. I see that I am not alone and will power on being grateful I am no longer in the grips of hell of alcohol.

Again, thanks for sharing and helping keep me working on my sobriety!
Old 03-14-2020, 01:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
VinBx

Aches and pains

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Things change. I don't have those aches anymore!
Hi Sugarbear,

I'm new on this thread and 170 days sober. I have been feeling like I'm going through hel . The aches and pains which are discussed here is what I'm going throug . I've had them in the past but now they are bothering me to the point that I dont wanto to get up. It's very bothersom . Does this ever go away?
Old 03-14-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome pwardon and Vindawgs

aches and pains have taken on a new meaning right now - have you considered seeing a Dr, guys?

D
Old 03-15-2020, 04:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Things change. I don't have those aches anymore!
SB is lucky! It's different for me but I am probably older than SB.

Perhaps the booze masked a lot of things too. To me the bottom line is that not putting alcohol in my system every day is a good thing and because I am older my body is not going to work as well as it did when I was younger.

Aging is one of those "accept the things I cannot change" subjects.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
VinBx

How are you feeling today??

Hey Sugar,

I see your post is a few years old. I understand that you had similar feelings of paws. I would like to know how are you holding up now from the long haul of sobriety? Have your asymptoms subsided and how are you feeling today?

All the best...

Vin75
Old 03-26-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
VinBx

Hello

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

aches and pains have taken on a new meaning right now - have you considered seeing a Dr, guys?

D
Hi Dee and Thank you for following up with me.

I went and did a full physical and they told me I was doing great after checking out. I was low in vitamin D and am currently taking supplements for that. Checking my levels next week.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear vindawgs

D
Old 04-25-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Re: Anyone else get aches and pains over 2 months sober?

Originally Posted by alwayssober1 View Post
Hi everyone, I know you can't diagnose people on here, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had the same symptoms a few months into sobriety?

73 days sober and I keep getting on and off muscle ache, like I'm ill without the fever? Its been happening the past week or 2, it comes on for a few hours then disappears. I thought it was down to overdoing vitamin supplements but I have stopped taking them for a week and still no improvements.

I am waiting to get an appointment with my doctor, I wanted to ask if you had the same thing, is it down to withdrawal?
Yes definitely at various points. I'm at day 83 I think now. But, throughout the past 83 days, lesser so now, I got random aches and pains. For a while my neck and shoulders hurt or were super tense for several weeks straight. That left thankfully.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alwayssober1 View Post
Hi BC, it is very weird! I don't understand after 2 months sober I sometimes feel like I have been run over! Lol.

Why would body aches and weakness be connected to being sober? I wish I knew why this is happening, its getting fustrating, congrats on 67 days sober.
My understanding is that PAWS can include physical-feeling symptoms, from fatigue/exhaustion to aches. The latter could be induced by anxiety and/or stress.

However, think about this too. The body and our brain chemistry won't heal in one month.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
MrBrad

I felt great after 3 weeks. It was amazing to flush the system. Mmm...
Old 04-29-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi All,
I had a hell of a time with aches and pains. Also random fevers that lasted for a couple hours without manifesting into any other illness. I also had feelings of fatigue that felt like I'd been hit with a tranq dart.

If you've been checked for other ailments, it may be PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome). Cute name for a crappy ailment.

I made a post a few years ago entitled "For Those Tortured By Paws...". It's one of the biggest threads about PAWS on this site, to my knowledge, and contains a large number of testimonials about the symptoms people in this community have had.

It's trite, but if it's PAWS, it gets better with prolonged sobriety.

Good luck,

Matt
Old 06-21-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
VinBx

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
Good morning Dee,

I did see my family doctor and he indicated that I was going through depression and he recommended me taking a ssri. I left one toxic substance not to go to another. so I just let time heal it. With time my pain did go away. Pai. Is much better but def still suffering paws. Have other symptoms lingering.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
VinBx

Originally Posted by Funki View Post
Yes definitely at various points. I'm at day 83 I think now. But, throughout the past 83 days, lesser so now, I got random aches and pains. For a while my neck and shoulders hurt or were super tense for several weeks straight. That left thankfully.
HEY FUNKI,

Yes I had the neck and shoulder pains for a few weeks and they did subside. That pain did go away. I'm still fighting through paws, hoping and praying it gets better. I have a sense of realization now and it gets me feeling all my emotions more than ever.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

It could be from the damage from all that alcohol! And you no longer have the alcohol to cover up the pain! But the more you drank to cover up the pain the more damage the alcohol was doing to your body! Just make sure your mind isn’t playing tricks on you and thinking that if you drink again the pain will go away!

I would try to work through those aches with mild exercise such as brisk walking for at least 30 minutes a day! If you can throw in some jogging that might be even better! Or some type of light resistant Body weight exercises such as pushups, sit-ups, body weight squats!

Old 07-18-2020, 01:54 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
VinBx

Hey Uncle Holmes,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate the feedback. I have been doing slight weight training and some light jogging and bicycling. It has helped slightly, but it brings back the fatigue. Ill keep fighting this and hope that o continue to heal. For sure feeling better, but I find that life stressor make it so difficult to get through. Seems like the slightest stressor becomes a mental catastrophe. All the best to you all..