Notices
View Poll Results: What is the duration of your hangovers?
I don't get hangovers (please explain if you vote for this)
17.23%
Usually my hangover lasts just a few hours
12.18%
I feel better the next day after a nights sleep
21.43%
Usually it takes 2-3 days before Im back to "normal"
49.16%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Hangovers Poll - How long does yours last?

Old 06-19-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

2-3 days minimum. Depends how much of an idiot I was during that particular session.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Last five years I never had hangovers. I was always a little drunk 24/7. I was a daily drinker, never a binger.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Generally I'm a binge drinker, not usually more than a day or two although in the past there were longer and more frequent binges. I find that it takes at least 2 days to feel somewhat ok again. But thankfully that's a feeling I don't ever have to experience again.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

The next day used to be a complete write off at weekends . . . until I started drinking again!!

On work days, things used to be tough to function up until the afternoon, then after work . . . I started drinking again!!

. . . things started to all merge into one!!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

When i first started drinking they lasted a few hours but they soon turned into the DT's so i would have to drink to get rid of them.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Well I drank Saturday and it's Monday night and I'm still a mess. A sober mess though thankfully.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

At the end they just went til 5 pm when I would drink again for some temporary relief. When I stopped drinking it took over two weeks to feel close to "normal". Yes, withdrawals.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Define hangovers?
I had a spiritual hangover that lasted for 15 years while drinking.
The physical hangover would last a couple days.
The mental hangover would last weeks, months maybe a year tops.
The emotional hangover, couple years.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

By the end, I would wake up with the shakes in the morning. Would try to smoke to calm things down and would shake even harder. That day was usually a writeoff, the day after would be rough, by day 3 I might have started to feel somewhat like myself physically.

Emotionally, I felt like **** pretty much all the time.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I got hangovers when I first started drinking: they would usually last anywhere from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm the next day. If I started to throw up, I would throw up every single half hour and when there was no food left I would start to throw up bile. There was absolutely nothing that could be done to stop this from running its course once it started.

Then I adjusted a bit, or got smarter about eating before I went to sleep, exercising and pacing the intake. Then I would feel like crap the next day but not throwing up. I could never drink in the morning though, I felt too much like crap. I was usually ok at around 11:30am.

Then when I relapsed I was back to the bad hangovers, throwing up and so on. It actually had the effect of slowing my drinking down. I have never been one of the people that could 'drink for days and weeks straight'. I can drink every day, but I definitely need gaps of time every day to rest. I cannot drink continuously. Even when I am drinking every day, there is usually at least one day every two weeks where I am too hungover to drink, and so it is a day off. A day off! Ha!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I feel like my hangover will last until I stop craving a drink. Last time I drank was June 17th and I've been angry and depressed since...I'm making it though. Loads of stressors in my personal life right now and living with a drinking husband who I'm separating from, 2000 miles away from friends and family. Hungover from life and really needing escape but WON'T CHOOSE THE BOOZE!
Old 12-04-2022, 10:01 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Proper withdrawal is a lot more than 2-3 days. Took me 10 days to feel normal and the first 5 days were agony. Day 6 onwards I had a feeling I had broken the back of it but still felt awful. Up until the last 18 months when everything went down hill I could get away with feeling crap for only a day or two. I felt so good while drinking that this was a trade off I could live with. Thank God my brain finally said enough was enough. If it hadn't I'd still be drinking. I have enormous respect for those who see the writing on the wall well before physical dependency. That's wisdom.