Notices
View Poll Results: What is the duration of your hangovers?
I don't get hangovers (please explain if you vote for this)
17.23%
Usually my hangover lasts just a few hours
12.18%
I feel better the next day after a nights sleep
21.43%
Usually it takes 2-3 days before Im back to "normal"
49.16%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Hangovers Poll - How long does yours last?

Old 05-25-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

At some point my hangovers stopped and DT's replaced them.

DT's are to hangovers what the Grand Canyon is to ditch's.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I didn't get hangovers. At my lowest point, it would be drink, pass out, wake up, drink.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Depends on how much I had drank. If just a 12 pack, I'd start feeling better about 2pm the next day. Some of my hangovers lasted until nighttime, assuming I hadn't started drinking again. Drinking again definitely cured a hangover for me.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Mine lasted 13 years, until I asked for help.

Haven't had one since then.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

When I used to binge drink if the actual drinking only lasted about 24 hours then it would normally take about 3 days before I would be back to normal. However if I had been binge drinking for 2 days or more then it could honestly take about 5 days before I was back to normal.

This was one of the main reasons I gave up alcohol it wasnt just the drinking that was ruining my life, I also suffered abnormally long hangovers that left me feeling tired, anxious and somewhat depressed for anything up to 6 days. Horrendous and I dont miss it one bit.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

How long they last obviously depends on how much I drink and how many days in a row. 5 drinks one night, I don't really have one. 10 drinks a night for a week followed by an even heavier one that really makes me sick, and I'm feeling sick for about two days. The first sober night I usually feel very tired and sleep early, but toss and turn and ultimately don't feel great the next day either.

Hangovers are, for me, the greatest motivation to quit drinking. They can be so hideous, especially when I am at work and I have the paranoia that everyone knows...
Old 06-08-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

It's getting worse. After only 5 drinks one day/night I feel awful the next day, starving hungry, depressed, irritable, all I can do is watch movies AND the day after I crave booze, still starving for carbs and irritable but a bit better. What a waste. It never used to be like this but I cut back on drinking a lot and now when I do drink at all this is the hell I deal with.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Hangovers: I used to feel like this a couple of times a week & always went out friday nights so always hungover Saturday mornings. At this time I was working full time: alarm goes off @7, ugh, quickly hit snooze button. Feel like death, feel so ill just cannot even think. Alarm goes off again, hit snooze button again. This goes on for an hour when I know I have to get up to go to work. Make my way downstairs, sit down take 2/3 painkillers, cup coffee, sometimes I feel so sick I can't even tolerate coffee. Even now, many years later, the beep beep of the microwave reminds me of those hellish mornings. Gradually feel myself coming to! Feel so wretched to think of what I might have said the night before, how I got home (if I'd been out). Feelings of paranoia would be with me all day. Finally summon up enough strength to get myself washed, dressed & drive to work, whilst drinking as much water as I could to try & cleanse my system. Spend all that feeling wretched, thinking to myself, how can I e er give this life up, how can I ever imagine myself never drinking again & therefore never feeling this way again.....until the next time.

It truly was a hellish way to live, & I thank God I didn't kill myself!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Towards the end it was a constant 24/7.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I just drank shots in my morning coffee to stop the shakes until they stopped and then it would be nine and I would switch to beer. Fours years ago I found the perfect cure.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

I don't drink anymore, but I used to get what I called the "Reverse hangover".

I'd feel pretty good in the morning, but the longer the day went, the worst I felt. It occured to me after qutting, that it was probably my body DTing. Scary thought.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hangovers, and the full throttled realization that I was wasting a life being too drunk or hungover to participate, ultimately triggered my sobriety. I'm glad I never have to go back.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Usually took me the whole day + a night's rest. Towards the end, when I was going on 3-day benders, I'd wake up that fourth day still a little drunk, and by 4-5 PM, it would progress to a headache, steady cold sweats, anxiety, shakiness, and occasional tremor.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey Mr Tumble, I actually read your other post that said when you WERE drinking!! ;-)
Hmmm. . . I would say that after a session I would have a headache ALL the next day but the feelings of depression and anxiety would last a good 2-3 days after that. hence my decision to stop. These are things that could not be cured with Ibuprofen!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

As mentioned, in the past it would be until the next drink was taken. Nowadays when I do slip up it takes me a whole week to recover fully, miserable, I don't sleep, feel horrendous. Yet still I keep slipping up mad when you think of it
Old 06-17-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

When I was drinking I never got hangovers. Ok some mornings I'd wake up and swear I'd never drink again - and would manage until lunchtime without a drink.
Uggh. It hurts to even remember it.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

My last hangover was all day puking , it was horrible. Alcohol is pure poison !!
Old 06-17-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I would be hungover for 24 hours it seemed. Every time. Not so much getting sick but the headache was inevitable. The anxiety and guilt was the worst part.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Live2Run25 View Post
I don't drink anymore, but I used to get what I called the "Reverse hangover". I'd feel pretty good in the morning, but the longer the day went, the worst I felt. It occured to me after qutting, that it was probably my body DTing. Scary thought.

I got that too!l mine usually was because I drank so much/late that I woke up still drunk and thinking I felt great. Those were usually the worst days because it meant I'd feel the aftermath all day long.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

My hangovers in the general sense of headaches, nausea, etc. don't happen. Rather due to excessive head trauma I sustained when I was a passenger of a rollover accident @ age 17 I spend about 72 hours in a state of mental fog. Thankfully the fog lifts letting me feel and act normal after 3 days. There have been times, 5 or so, when the day after I'd feel lost and confused though knowing still where I was, that's a WEIRD feeling o_O